Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 13 Career Mode thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Into my 2nd season with Swansea

Finished 5th in the league, and won the Carling cup, beating Newcastle 2-0 in the final

Had a busy transfer window, sold Vorm to Bayern, Williams to City & Toivenen to West Ham. Brought in Vermeer GK, Felipe Santana CB, Naughton RB, Barrada CAM and a few other buys to just make up the numbers

Got a handy draw in the Europa League - PSV, Malmo, Anderlecht

10 Games into the league and im currently 5th. Chico is out with a bad injury for 4 months so see how i cope at the back. I bought Carrico & Pearce off Reading on the cheap since they got relegated. both for 2.5M each

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

I have started a new career mode with Liverpool,I have brought in the Brazilian midfeilder Bernard for 8 million euro and have let Coady,Yesil,Ngoo,Flanagan and Wisdon go out on loan.
    This is my best 11.I should get a top 4 finish :)
    Reina

Johnson Agger Skrtel Enrique

Gerrard Bernard

Coutinho

Sturridge Suarez Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Miccoli

In my 2nd season with Celtic.Won the double in my first season and treble in my 2nd, bought Wellington Nem for 8mil definitley worth it I would recommend him to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Miccoli wrote: »
    Wellington Nem

He's unreal

Right lads... Dead Space 3 has kept me away from Fifa for the last while... since then there has been an update with all the latest transfers.
    I've decided to delete all my career modes and start 100% fresh from scratch tonight.

Suggestions please...

• Advertisement

170px-S.S.C._Napoli_logo.svg.png
    Roberto Socitelli has returned to his homeland after signing a 2 year contract with Società Sportiva Calcio Napoli. His first game in charge will be against his old club; Juventus in the 2012 SuperCoppa Italia.

sanpaolo4.jpg

Home Ground: Stadio San Paulo, Naples
    Capacity: 60,240
    Founded: 1926

Club Honours:

Serie A Winners: 1986/87, 1989/90
    Coppa Italia Winners: 1962, 1976, 1987, 2012
    UEFA Cup Winners: 1989
    SuperCoppa Italia Winners: 1990

The clubs most successful period was during the late 80's when Diego Maradona was at the club. My plan is to better that record and maybe bring a top Argentine striker to the club to do so :)

Need to sign a LW, ranging from the 5-7M mark, overall anywhere from 75-80, and has to be quick preferbaly a speedster

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Infernikus

For those who watch my video updates I shall have one up sometime this week, I have had literally no time to do anything this week so hopefully I can get something up :P I have also been distracted with Ultimate team as of late

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Need to sign a LW, ranging from the 5-7M mark, overall anywhere from 75-80, and has to be quick preferbaly a speedster

Any recommendations?

Memphis Depay. Goes from 67 to 80 in 2 seasons.

The big news from Naples this morning is the tranfer of Edinson Cavani to FC Barcelona for a fee of €50m.

ar14-600x400.jpg

This tiggered the quick-fire transfer of Gonzalo Higuain to Napoli for a fee of €30m. The club and the player have agreed on a €160,000 a week wage for 4 years.

In 1991, the number 10 was retired in honour of Diego Maradona services to the club. It is confirmed today that the number will be brought out of retirement for Higuain. The out of favour stiker at Real Madrid CF under José Mourihno agreed to join the southern Itailian club after a few meetings with Maradona himself this summer.

The ultimate expectation has been placed on him before he has even kicked a ball or the club... time will tell if Gonzalo can light up Naples like Maradona did during the 80's...

espaciodeportes.com.wp-content.MaradonaNapoli03.jpg

• Advertisement

Finally back making these, Decemebers football right here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Any recommendations?

Victor Andrade or Geauvino from Santos in the Brazillian league.

Thanks for the replies on the LW but only got to read it now, i signed Alexander Kacaniklic from Fulham. He's done alright so far so ill give him another season. Finished my 2nd season with Swansea. Finished 7th in the league, knocked out of the FA Cup semi final by Liverpool, but won the Europa League beating Arsenal 3-0 in the final

Started my 3rd season with a budget of 15M and wage of 70K :)

My major signings were De Marcos (Bilbao) Vorsah (Red bull Salzburg) Santon (Newcastle) Buttner (Utd) Lowton (Villa) . Started off the season with 2-1 wins over Newcastle & Southampton. Next game is the Super cup final against Real, not expecting to win it!

Just wondering in anyone else career has a fella called McAleny (Everton) sky rocket? His overall is 83 and i think he's only 20. Looked at his stats and they are unreal. Looks like the new Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I just retired my Pro at the age of 25. Was getting a little tired of slogging through the games at Wolfsburg so said I'd just try something new.

Got offered the St. Pauli job mid season after they'd been relegated to the 2 Bundesliga. When I came in, the first thing that landed on my desk was a player telling me he wanted to leave because he wasn't getting games. He was the highest rated player in his position and he wasn't getting games? No wonder they got relegated... Gave him consistent game time, in which he bagged about five goals and a load of assists, and saw off the January window with him still at the club, and just signed him up for a three year contract at a minimal wage increase. :)

One thing that's annoying me though is that I never got the option to customise my manager on the sidelines. I had hoped he'd have my player's face but no joy. Is it possible to change your manager's appearance mid season?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Gave him consistent game time, in which he bagged about five goals and a load of assists, and saw off the January window with him still at the club, and just signed him up for a three year contract at a minimal wage increase. :)

Would you mind mentioning the player, not that im interested in tapping him up or anything :P

Would you mind mentioning the player, not that im interested in tapping him up or anything :P

Haven't played since the weekend, but I think he was Buchtmann or something along those lines. A LM who was shoving near 75 Overall, which was one of the highest in the team. :P

No use tapping him up now. He's not leaving until I leave. :pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Haven't played since the weekend, but I think he was Buchtmann or something along those lines. A LM who was shoving near 75 Overall, which was one of the highest in the team. :P

No use tapping him up now. He's not leaving until I leave. :pac:

Ill get my scouts on it straight away :P

I FINALLY hit the January transfer window. A lot happen this month so to make it easier to follow I have included a SSN styled news ticker at the bottom and included a joke or 2 hidden in the video :D Should have Feb up sometime next week

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

Into my 3rd Premier League season now with Wimbledon. Won my first game against QPR 3-1 so off to a good start.

Came 1st in League 1,2 and 3rd in the championship. I was playing on Professional but 10 games into my first PL season I had 17 points. I adjusted to World Class and ended up with 46 points in the end.

Only got 40 points in my second season but the last 5/6 games were pointless as I was well clear of relegation and only needed a few points to keep me clear. I was 10th but dropped to 12th by the end. Its a lot more enjoyable on World Class and more realistic. Looking to be a comfortable mid table side this season and possibly push for 9th or 10th.

I made the error of signing Shane long in my first PL season. 3.4 million, 75 overall, rose to 77. Suited me down to the ground until he decides he is going to retire at the end of my second season. Brought in a regen from West Brom and Andreas Weiman for my second season.

I was supposed to get to the League Cup semi final in my 2nd but alas cup fixtures scheduled for transfer deadline day sees my knocked out of a cup competition 2 seasons in a row. Missed out on Ravel Morrision or Mbaye in janurary, couldnt get one of my players out the door quick enough. One extra hour and I could have had my choice.

Signed morrision in August for 9.5 million, could have had him for 6. Now Mbaye has gone up in price from 7 to 14 so is well out of reach. I had agreed to sign Conor Wickham for 4.5 million plus Seigrist ( a regen striker who cost me 6.8 million and didnt get a goal in 20 games) but I pulled out at the last minute as I didnt think it was worth it and am now trying to do a swap with a different player I have.

Real Player Transfers so far:

Jack Grealish: 1.8 million (championship) 69-78
    Nick Powell: 800,000 ( 2nd season in PL) 71-73
    Alexander Buttner: 1.3 million ( 2nd season in PL) 74-76
    James Ward-Prowse: 3.5 million + Sammy Moore ( 2nd season in PL) 77-79
    Shane Long: 3.4 million ( 1st season in PL) Retired 75-77-76
    Kalidou Kouliably: 1.8 million ( 1st season in PL) 75-78
    Joe Riley: 3.8 million + Balkstein ( 2nd season in PL) 78-81
    Andreas Weiman: 5 million ( 2nd season in PL) Sold for 5 million 78

Jesus...

So, I managed to get St. Pauli promoted via the Promotion/Relegation Playoff game, and apparently I impressed the FAI and got offered the Ireland job just before the World Cup... I stupidly accepted it.

All I can say is, if the real FAI are as demanding, I pity Trappatoni! :P

Their targets for me? They expected a Semi-Final place in the WC, and no less than a Final place in the Euros. :eek:

I was in a group with Brazil, Portugal and India, and just scraped through in the last game by beating India 3-1. Got Germany in the next round where I got thoroughly trounced 2-0. Think I'm gonna get the sacking email very soon... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

I was managing Ireland for a while as well. They had already qualified for the euros but I had a load of friendly matches to play. I played the first one against mexico and drew 0-0. I simmed the rest and they won most of them. I didnt bother playing the euros as I wanted to get on with my club season and didnt see myself getting through a group with Germany, France and Denmark on world class. I simmed the matches and got 1 point i think.

I then quit a few days later. It came up on the news beforehand though that I wasnt a success and that it might be difficult to keep the job. I didnt get any emails from the FAI though.

FizzyCola wrote: »
    I was managing Ireland for a while as well. They had already qualified for the euros but I had a load of friendly matches to play. I played the first one against mexico and drew 0-0. I simmed the rest and they won most of them. I didnt bother playing the euros as I wanted to get on with my club season and didnt see myself getting through a group with Germany, France and Denmark on world class. I simmed the matches and got 1 point i think.

I then quit a few days later. It came up on the news beforehand though that I wasnt a success and that it might be difficult to keep the job. I didnt get any emails from the FAI though.

I haven't been sacked yet. Qualifying for the Euros has got off to a mixed start though. Won my first game, but got whipped by Scotland.

It's about 2017 in my game, and the main Irish striker (N. King, think he's a real player but not sure) has an overall of 91. He's bloody amazing! He was leaving Brazilian defenders for dead at times in the WC.

2012/13 Season review

My first season in charge at the Stadio San Paulo was unreal. The excitement and pressure nearly got the better of me in some games. I was able to win 3 trophies for Napoli and Uruguay.

Cup winners round-up:

Serie A: Internazionale
    Coppa Italia: Napoli
    SuperCoppa: Napoli
    UEFA Champions League: Manchester City (Shocked at this:eek:)
    UEFA Europa League: Napoli

FIFA Confederations Cup: Uruguay

Golden Boot: Gonzalo Higuaín (16 league goals, 30 in total)
    higu_display_image.jpg?1277997944

I won the manager of month for December and April and also the manager of the year award.

200px-Uruguay_football_association.svg.png
    In January 2013 I took the Uruguay national team job for the 2013 Confed Cup & World Cup campaigns. I have basically qualified for the World Cup and romped home in the Confed cup, destroying every team on my way to a 4-0 win over Germany in the final. Suarez, Cavani and Ramirez are unreal. The world cup might be a step to far for this team, but a strong campaign is expected none the less.
    confederations-cup-trophy.jpg

Season lows...
    Inter beating me to the Sudetto on the last day of the season. I lost 3-0 to Roma, allowing them to clinch the title.

Season highs...
    Bringing the Europa League trophy back to Naples with a 2-1 win over Tottenham Hotspur at the Stade Velodrome.
    UEFAEuropaLeague1.jpg
    The CoppaItalia final was deadly too, I was losing 2-0 to Palermo and playing shíte, then Gonzalo stepped up with a 35yard screamer which set up a great come back. I won 4-2 in the end.napoli-coppa-italia-2012-federicotv.jpg

Gonzalo Higuaín is some forward. A quality number 10 who carried me this season at times. Over achieved in my debut season. No doubt some top European clubs will be sniffing around now... I've been liked with Juventus & AC Milan already...
    napoli_celebration.jpg

Roll on 2013/14... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

First time posting in this thread but I'll give it a go!

Started a season with Swansea. Had a bit of an overhaul of the squad. Signed Kjaer, Guidetti, Grosskreutz, Benteke and Bittencourt. Can't really remember who I sold, but Danny Graham was one of them. Started off okay but come January i went completely downhill. Could barely score. Put in a request for more money guaranteeing a European spot. Needless to say the poor form continued and I finished a lowly 14th. Got the email then confirming my sacking.

Looked through the available jobs and the only one that really appealed to me was Blackburn. They had gotten promoted and had a Transfer budget of about £8million. Joined them and sold a few players such as David Dunn, Leon Best to try get a bit more money for wages especially.

First signing was Samed Yesil from Liverpool. A great player, especially when played in CF behind the Striker, who i planned to be Jordan Rhodes. Alas 1 day before the season starts, Jordan Rhodes wants to leave, so I accepted a 10 million pound bid from Villa.
    Went on the look for a new striker and signed Jelle Vossen for 6million. He is a machine! Finishing is currently 91, and Yesil's is currently 84.
    With the additional money I signed Suso, Ahmed Musa (RM VERY quick) and Geraldo Rosa (CB) both from Real Madrid.
    Played the season out then and finished a respectable 7th, just missing a European spot.

Enter the second season, took the Denmark job and actually ended up signing 2 or 3 danish players in the summer. Kaddri and Laudrup are the 2 i signed. signed both for 4.5m. Laudrup started off not great but after 10 or so games he's started to improve and chipped in with the odd goal. Started with Kaddri (speed demon) and Vossen up front. Vossen has 16 goals, Kaddri has 9. But Kaddri is injured so back to Yesil, who got 5 in a 9-0 victory over Wigan. I'm playing world class btw, everything just went in that game.
    I signed Geraldo Rosa for 8 million, he is quality and very young. Stats dont look amazing but he is so good at tackling and in the air. Decided against Musa as his shooting and touch isn't all that great.
    1 big change I made was playing Ruben Rochina in CM instead of Dickson Etuhu. He's a good passer and has a nice left foot. Also, Martin Olsson at LM instead of LB. He's very quick and has a nice delivery. Just slotted Grant Hanley in at LB.

I'm currently 4th in the table, but it's tight at the top. Enjoying this season. Hopefully post more soon :)

Just a quick update on my Swansea career - won the Super Cup beating Real on peno's. The match finished 0-0 and won 3-1 on penalties. On deadline day i traded Ki & 5M for Wanyama. His overall is 78 at the moment but only 23. In the Europa league i drew Feyenoord, Genk & Motherwell. Should get through that easily

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Finished my second season with Everton. I won the FA Cup, Europa Cup and grabbed 4th place for a place in the Champions league. However, the board expect me to finish mid table... but gave me a budget of 32 Million to spend so I'm happy with that one!

My starting XI team:

Kapino
    Hewitt
    Kalas----Masi
    Shaw
    Cirigliano----Toko
    Mirallies
    W. Nem
    Redmond
    Benzia
    Very young squad and plenty of time to develop. Benzia has scored a record of 32 goals this season which shows he is a cracking player. I'm going to buy in some new faces to rotate the team above and might bring in a world class defender to spice things up.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    My starting XII team:

What cheat code are you using to get that?

:P

After a really good start to the season at St. Pauli, wherein I rocketed up to 8th Place in the table after 8 games, I hit a November slump and am slowly sinking down into the danger zone.

My replacement striker that I panic bought on deadline day to replace the traitor has turned out to be pretty crap. Has chipped in with a few assists and the odd goal, but he lacks pace.

Got through to the 3rd round of the German cup, and was rewarded with €125,000, so hopefully can make it through the next round as well before January.

200px-Newcastle_United_Logo.svg.png

Roberto Socitelli is the new manager of Newcastle United. The club announced the sacking of Alan Pardew after a very below par season... :P I also resigned as Uruguay manager to take this role!

Looking forward to my first season in the Premier League.
    Gonna apply a strict transfer policy on youth development and get a few more home-grown talent threw the ranks.

I signed Adam Lallana from Southampton & Steven Caulker from Tottenham following the departures of Coloccini to Spurs & Gutiérrez to Southampton. Have a few others lined-up too... Strong rumors linking Andy Carroll with a move home...

newcastle_st_james_park1.jpg

St.James Park with a capacity of 52,404 will be my new home. I believe they are the sleeping giant of English & maybe European football.

Major Honors:

Premier League Winners: 1904/05, 1906/07, 1908/09, 1926/27
    FA Cup Winners: 1910, 1924, 1932, 1951, 1952, 1955
    Community Shield Winners: 1909
    UEFA Europa League Winners: 1969

I'll miss Napoli... had two great seasons there, but it was time to move on to a new challenge!

TOON ARMY!!! TOON ARMY!!! TOON ARMY!!!

February's action of my Arsenal career. I should have my Capital one cup final up soon enough too.

• Advertisement

FizzyCola wrote: »
    Into my 3rd Premier League season now with Wimbledon. Won my first game against QPR 3-1 so off to a good start.

Came 1st in League 1,2 and 3rd in the championship. I was playing on Professional but 10 games into my first PL season I had 17 points. I adjusted to World Class and ended up with 46 points in the end.

Only got 40 points in my second season but the last 5/6 games were pointless as I was well clear of relegation and only needed a few points to keep me clear. I was 10th but dropped to 12th by the end. Its a lot more enjoyable on World Class and more realistic. Looking to be a comfortable mid table side this season and possibly push for 9th or 10th.

I made the error of signing Shane long in my first PL season. 3.4 million, 75 overall, rose to 77. Suited me down to the ground until he decides he is going to retire at the end of my second season. Brought in a regen from West Brom and Andreas Weiman for my second season.

I was supposed to get to the League Cup semi final in my 2nd but alas cup fixtures scheduled for transfer deadline day sees my knocked out of a cup competition 2 seasons in a row. Missed out on Ravel Morrision or Mbaye in janurary, couldnt get one of my players out the door quick enough. One extra hour and I could have had my choice.

Signed morrision in August for 9.5 million, could have had him for 6. Now Mbaye has gone up in price from 7 to 14 so is well out of reach. I had agreed to sign Conor Wickham for 4.5 million plus Seigrist ( a regen striker who cost me 6.8 million and didnt get a goal in 20 games) but I pulled out at the last minute as I didnt think it was worth it and am now trying to do a swap with a different player I have.

Real Player Transfers so far:

Jack Grealish: 1.8 million (championship) 69-78
    Nick Powell: 800,000 ( 2nd season in PL) 71-73
    Alexander Buttner: 1.3 million ( 2nd season in PL) 74-76
    James Ward-Prowse: 3.5 million + Sammy Moore ( 2nd season in PL) 77-79
    Shane Long: 3.4 million ( 1st season in PL) Retired 75-77-76
    Kalidou Kouliably: 1.8 million ( 1st season in PL) 75-78
    Joe Riley: 3.8 million + Balkstein ( 2nd season in PL) 78-81
    Andreas Weiman: 5 million ( 2nd season in PL) Sold for 5 million 78
    Always wanted to do a Wimbledon career, just never gotten around to it :P

Advertisement