Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 13 Career Mode thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Infernikus

I decided to do a full recording of my Capital one cup final with live commentary :D

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Mixed season so far at St.James Park...
    Played 10, won 3, drew 3, lost 4... -1 goal difference...

The Premier League is tough!!

Didn't like the amount of forgieners at the club so I went on a Premier League raid to get bring some balance back to the team.

Adam Lallana - Savage player, jumped from 77 to 80 in only 3 months! Star of the season so far.
    Steven Caulker - Developing nicely, hoping to make him a club legend & future captain. Newcastles version of John Terry.
    James Morrison - Him & Cabaye have made a good midfield pairing.
    Wes Hoolahan - Underpreforming... labeled as a panic buy. Shipped at the end of the season I reckon.
    Peter Crouch - 5 goals in 7 games... Crouchy has been a good addition. My super sub.
    Leighton Baines - He handed in a transfer request at Everton just before deadline day, so a quickfire move of Cheick Tioté plus €1m got me him. Quality player.

Barely missed out on bringing Shay Given back to the club on deadline day. I'll definality need a new keeper in January has Tim Krul is "homesick" has handed in a transfer request. So I'm looking at either Ben Foster or bringing Fraser Forster back to the club.

Anyone know if Jack Butland is any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

My St. Pauli career is balanced on a knife edge at the moment. We're doing well in the table, holding 10th place pretty consistently with only 10 games to go in our first season back up. Into the final of the Cup.

But really struggling to get goals. Loaned out Fernandez (the panic-buy) and using one of my reserves who's come good to fill the gap. Also bought a striker who's looking promising, but had to give him like 30k a week, which is hurting morale in the club because everyone else is on 5-10k.

Picked up Jenkinson from Arsenal in January, and he chipped in in his first game with an OG in a 3-0 defeat at home. :pac:

On the international front, qualifying for the Euros looks like a lost cause now. Got beaten 3-2 by Romania in a game I needed to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Anyone know if Jack Butland is any use?

You should go for Vermeer off Ajax, you will get him on the cheap and quickly shoots up to 80+, or if your looking at a lower league keeper try Schmeichel

Question actually: How old do the players in your youth team have to be before you can give them a run out?

Have a few Irish youngsters in my Academy who have potentials of 90+.

• Advertisement

Decided to finish my save with Swansea. After 3 seasons winning the Carling Cup, Europa League & the Super Cup i needed a new challenge

New game with Bolton, nice budget of 6.5M. Made a good few signings and sold a bit of the sheet players like Holden, Eagles, Mills, Davies, Ricketts and so on

Gk - Bogdan (a good GK, only 24 and Ovr 75)
    RB - Vanden Borre (Bargain signing only 600K Ovr 70)
    CB - Kanu (big, quick & strong) Alemback (meh ovr 69)
    LB - Tchi something from the Belgian league (very very quick helps out the CB from balls over the top ovr 71)
    RM - Lee Chung Yong (playmaker of the team ovr 77)
    CM - Mahlungu (chap i always sign with a low league team, can run all day ovr 72)
    Davies (good technical player ovr 75)
    LM - Zakuani (I would reccomend this player, signed for 1.6M from MLS, scored 5 in 8 league games ovr 72)
    ST - Sordell (future England striker 6 league goals so far ovr 72) Emnes (tops the assist charts with 7, has cool hair apart from that average, ovr 72)

Subs - O'Reilly, Wheater, Alonso, Spearing, Crusat, Wylde, Ngog

Top of the league after 8 games and unbeaten, if i stay injury free should get promoted no problem

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Question actually: How old do the players in your youth team have to be before you can give them a run out?

Have a few Irish youngsters in my Academy who have potentials of 90+.

Think its 16 before you can sign them to a professional contract

Think its 16 before you can sign them to a professional contract

Aye, it tis.
    They be terrible tho... 49-55 overalls...

I suppose thats what the Carling Cup is for :P

Aye, it tis.
    They be terrible tho... 49-55 overalls...

I suppose thats what the Carling Cup is for :P

Ah yeah, I wasn't thinking of playing them week in, week out like. Just thinking of giving them the odd cup game (especially the strikers and defenders) before loaning them out.

tumblr_m18xcs6Jgo1qh3n8ao1_500.jpg

Due to Tim Krul's actting the bollocks about been homesick, I shipped him to Celtic for Fraser Forster and €100. Fúck him and his angeling, rot in Glasgow ye chancer!! :pac:

It's January now and I'm 9th in the league. Leaking goals something fierce. Really need a top defender to help address this problem. I think I'll try and land Ryan Shawcross....

In other news I have accepted a big money offer (€500k per match) to manage the Indian International Team. Priority is to get them to their 1st World Cup. Definality the worst national team in the game, so I'm looking forward to the challenge of both club & country!

India_FA.svg

• Advertisement

It's January now and I'm 9th in the league. Leaking goals something fierce. Really need a top defender to help address this problem. I think I'll try and land Ryan Shawcross....

India_FA.svg

Just sign Kouyate off Anderlecht and all your defensive problems will go away, Ciaran Clark is another good buy too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

So I'm in my first season with Schalke. Straight away when I joined Draxler and Farfan handed in trasfer requests. Draxler wanted more money after going up a point after the second pre-season friendly. I offered him an extra €5,000 but he refused, when I offered him €10,000 extra he signed on for another 3 years. Farfan decided to stay and sign a new extension with the same money. Not a great start! I signed Sergi Roberto off Barca B to play alongside Neustädter but he done his ACL in a friendly against Real Madrid and is out for 4 months so I signed Fernando off Gremio. I also signed Kapino off Panathinaikos with every last cent I had left. We got a tough draw in the Champions League too; Manchester United, PSG and Celtic. My first few games went ok, losing one drawing three and winning two. Since then in the league we've won most of our games except losing at Bayern and drawing 4-4 against Dortmund at home. I was 2-0 against Celtic at home in the first game of the Champions League but they grabbed two late jammy goals and we drew 2-2. The second game I was done on the break with another jammy goal and lost 1-0 in France. Then I beat United away 1-0, I should of lost that one. Then I went on to cement a place in the last 16 beating PSG and Celtic and drawing with Manchester United at home.

In the Winter window I signed Willian Jose off Gremio and Adryan off Flamengo. Both were bought for next to nothing as both were in bad form but were listed as exciting prospects. I moved Matip to RB. The team has really hit form since. Huntelaar isn't happy at all being dropped but he's been very poor in the league with my two DMF (Fernando and Sergi Roberto) scoring most of my goals. Adryan has hit 5 in 7 since he joined and willian Jose scored a hat-trick on his debut in a 3-2 victory over Hamburg. I'm 4 points behind Bayern at the minute with a game in hand.

After an exciting first season in the Premier League my Newcastle United team finished 5th in the league. After a very bad start to the season where my job was on the line, a strong run after xmas saw me shoot up the table.

Also won the Capital One Cup after an epic semi-final against Liverpool. I won on away goals in a 7-7agg score tie. 5-5 at Anfield in the first leg and then 2-2 at St.James, where a 90th min cracker by Cissé fired me into Wembley against Manchester United. I beat them 1-0 in the final, with a goal by Steven Caulker! This ended The Toon Armies 58 year wait for a major trophy, and it was the clubs 1st ever success in the League Cup.
    Papiss-Ciss--celebrates-p-008.jpg
    carling-cup-image.jpg

2013/14 is set to be a big season for us, I've completely overhauled Pardews team with A host of new signings that include, Hugo Lloris, Willian, Shane Long, Jordan Rhodes, Nathaniel Clyne, Nathan Dyer, Tom Ince, Jordan Henderson, James McCartney & Ryan Shawcross...

Lloris
    Clyne
    Shawcross----Caulker (c)----Baines
    McCartney
    Dyer
    Willian
    Lalana
    Rhodes

Cissé

Bench:
    Shay Given
    Peter Crouch
    Shane Long
    James Morrison
    Jordan Henderson
    Sylvain Marveaux
    Tom Ince

My objective of building my own squad with this team is more or less complete. Having more or less got Baines & Lloris by fluke(Both said they wanted out of their clubs and I pounced with a player swap and cash). I think there are two players from Pardews team left at this stage. Marveaux will be axed in the next window, Leaving only Cissé, who is deadly, so I'll hold onto him. I'll of course keep the veterns like Steven Taylor, Shola Ameobi, Shay Given & Danny Simpson until retirement.
    Either way, it's built for Europe. I've the Europa League in my sights this season and a top 4 finish!

fans.gif

Onto India, who have qualified for their first ever World Cup after a tight qualifing group in Asia. A 2-1 win in Sydney against the Ozzy's! Sunil Chhetri is my captain and national hero after his brace secured our place in the finals.
    I look forward to Brazil 2014... The goal is to get the Indians out of the group!!

Finished 11th in the Bundesliga in St. Pauli's first season back up. Also got to the final of the Deutscher Pokal, heartbreakingly losing out 1-0 to Dortmund who got their goal in injury time.

My panic bought striker, Fernandez, returned from his loan spell and put in an impressive performance in pre-season. I also gave a 16 y/o LM a pro contract, and he's a rocket down the wing! Was considering sending him out on loan, but with an Ovr of 65 and my current LM aging and losing a bit of pace, I'm gonna hold onto him and use him sporadically for the season. He was really impressive in my 3-0 win over Palermo in pre-season.

Started off the new season with a 1-0 win over Wolfsburg. Aiming to break into the top 10, hoping to win the cup, and for some reason I got a Europa League place (probably for being runner up in the cup?), so hoping to qualify for the group stages at least.

I resigned as manager of Ireland, they offered me a contract extension, but their demands were too much so I bailed. Have been offered four jobs by South American teams in the last 2 months of game time, turning them all down. Rumour mill suggests the US are considering offering me the job, so I may be tempted by that if it comes true.

One odd thing though, one of my RB's got onto me at the end of last season saying he wanted out because I wasn't playing him. Now I'm getting messages from him periodically telling me to sell him before the window closes, but I can't sell him! He's on a 2 year contract and is retiring at the end of it, so I can't sell or loan him out. He's on a relatively low salary, so I reckon I'll just hold onto him as cover and the occasional sub appearance.

wnolan1992 wrote: »

One odd thing though, one of my RB's got onto me at the end of last season saying he wanted out because I wasn't playing him. Now I'm getting messages from him periodically telling me to sell him before the window closes, but I can't sell him! He's on a 2 year contract and is retiring at the end of it, so I can't sell or loan him out. He's on a relatively low salary, so I reckon I'll just hold onto him as cover and the occasional sub appearance.

Had the same thing with Steve Harper. So I used him in a transfer swap for Shay Given... that got him off my case!

As the 2014 January transfer window slams shut... it has a emerged that Newcastle United missed out on the signing of Zlatan Ibrahimovic on deadline day. With the club flying high this season and looking likely for a top 4 finish, Mike Ashley wanted to bring one of the games superstars to St.James Park to signal the intentions of his club for the coming years...

"We will continue talks with Zlatan after the World Cup" was a statment on this clubs website.

Zlatan+Ibrahimovic_8.jpg

The 32 year old Swedish striker is unhappy at Paris Saint-Germain and has told the club he wants to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Has anyone experienced any ridiculous stat jumps?

A few guys in my game have gone from 57/58 up to mid 80s. Barkroth, Elliot Hewitt. In a friend's game Henri Lansbury of all people has hit 89!

NEW FIFA SUPER LEAGUE FORMED!

Football fans will be waking up today to find out that a new FIFA Super League has been formed. The league system has been formed out of the world's top 92 clubs and has caused

a lot of controversy as it has meant the teams involved have pulled out of their national leagues and cup competition to compete in this league. The league structure has been adopted

from the English league system which means;
    • 4 Divisions
    • Top division has 20 teams and the other 3 have 24 teams.
    • 3 teams will be relegated from the top league, 3 from the next, 4 from the next league and none from the last.
    • There will be 3 Cup competitions
    • The FIFA Cup: All teams associated with the competition will compete for this
    • The FIFA League Cup: All teams from Division 2 and onwards will compete for this
    • The FIFA Association Trophy: All teams in Division 2 and 3 will compete for this.
    The league will begin in August and will end in May.The Champions League and such will be off for the first season so new clubs can get used to the leagues etc.
    2yni0pd.jpg

I will be managing Arsenal (As usual) and the media expect me to finish 15th in the league. The board want mid table and to reach the semi finals in the cup. It is going to be a huge challenge competing in huge games every week but I think I can push for a European spot.

I will be posting Monthly Updates of the cups and League tables as well as the major transfers from each window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I have a goal I scored a while ago in career mode, It's not the best, but I thought it looked good.

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/150273011

15q28g1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

how ever he is doing it im jealous! looks serious craic!

but1er wrote: »

Aye, it certainly does.

I feel sorry for Cortinthians tho... 19 away trips to Europe... They'll be bust by the end of the season :P

Also No Zenit at all... Surely they deserve a place in the top division ahead of Everton or Spurs?

I replaced all the teams with the other sides on the side selection page, It took a fair bit of work as I have about 3/4 spread sheets to keep tabs on everything but it is so much fun
    Aye, it certainly does.

I feel sorry for Cortinthians tho... 19 away trips to Europe... They'll be bust by the end of the season :P

Also No Zenit at all... Surely they deserve a place in the top division ahead of Everton or Spurs?
    This was all according to one site I checked. I would of put Athletico Higher as well but it makes for the other leagues to be interesting.

Infernikus wrote: »
    I replaced all the teams with the other sides on the side selection page, It took a fair bit of work as I have about 3/4 spread sheets to keep tabs on everything but it is so much fun

might start smaller do it in a league with only 2 leagues

Infernikus wrote: »

might start smaller do it in a league with only 2 leagues

Its well worth it, I mean all the matches are a challenge. I will be uploading Septembers update later.

right i started it took your top two leagues and moved it to france! when i done it in manager mood then remembered, If i wanna start again I have to do it all again! :mad:

right i started it took your top two leagues and moved it to france! when i done it in manager mood then remembered, If i wanna start again I have to do it all again! :mad:

Ah that sucks big time, I am hitting november in mine now. I have a few other people wanting to do the same thing. Im surprised no one has done it yet.

Does anybody know if there is a money cheat or a way to get the club you're managing to be taken over by a rich guy?

Does anybody know if there is a money cheat or a way to get the club you're managing to be taken over by a rich guy?

AFAIK, the only way to do it is to buy the takeover thing from their online store. Doubt there's any free option tbh, though I'm open to correction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Its in the catalogue, takeover option

Advertisement