Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 13 Career Mode thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    AFAIK, the only way to do it is to buy the takeover thing from their online store. Doubt there's any free option tbh, though I'm open to correction.

You can buy it online? Any idea how much?

i got it :) can it applied to my current mode?

I applied it to my career mode but no sign of any funds... I'll see what happens in the next window I suppose... either way 2013/14 has been a solid season for my Newcastle United team!

Heading into April now with two semi-finals to play... the FA Cup against Everton and the Europa League against CSKA Moscow.

I'm clinging onto 4th in the Premier League too... Cissé has been unreal in the 2nd half of the season. I'll do well to hold onto him this summer!

I'm looking forward to the World Cup too with India. No matter what I'll be resigning after it, but it's been a good campaign and we're just happy to be part of it! :D

I'll do a full season update after the World Cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I applied it to my career mode but no sign of any funds... I'll see what happens in the next window I suppose... either way 2013/14 has been a solid season for my Newcastle United team!

Heading into April now with two semi-finals to play... the FA Cup against Everton and the Europa League against CSKA Moscow.

I'm clinging onto 4th in the Premier League too... Cissé has been unreal in the 2nd half of the season. I'll do well to hold onto him this summer!

I'm looking forward to the World Cup too with India. No matter what I'll be resigning after it, but it's been a good campaign and we're just happy to be part of it! :D

I'll do a full season update after the World Cup!

How much did the takeover thing cost?

4000 coin things I think?

I never used that catalogue thing haha I had nearly 30,000 points in it :P

• Advertisement

So the 2019/2020 Season turned out to be something of a historic one for the Hamburg based club. A major turn around from the lows of relegation just four seasons ago...

The early part of the season was rather uneventful, plugging away picking up points that shot the team up to 3rd place in the table come Christmas, and a nail biting final day of the group stages in the Europa League saw us progress thanks to Hibernian (who were bottom of the table with no chance of qualifying) defeating Real Sociadad.

During the January Transfer Window, I purchased Sluga, an 80 rated GK for ~€5,000,000. Media had a field day, criticising me for buying into the hype surrounding him and "overpaying"... He proved them wrong though, with an outstanding performance over the course of the rest of the season.

Wins over Lille, Sevilla and Roma (a team I played for as a player) saw us progress to the Semi-Finals of the Europa League, where we were to face Wolfsburg (another team where I cut my teeth as a player). A 1-1 draw in the first leg gave me the advantage heading into the 2nd leg at home, but it ended in heartbreak as the second leg ended 2-2, crashing out on away goals.

First game following that defeat was against Wolfsburg again in the league, and we destroyed them 5-0, which was rather irritating. :mad: :P

A defeat to Hamburg towards the end of the season almost scuppered the chances of us getting a Europa League spot, it came down to the final day of the season where I was relying on results elsewhere to get me into 6th. Thankfully, as I breezed past Hannover, Hamburg drew 1-1, so I got the European spot at the expense of my arch-rivals!

But the crowning glory of the season came in the Deutscher Pokal, which I lost last year to Dortmund. A 2-1 win over Bayern Munchen (in which Sluga put in a MOTM performance) saw the might St. Pauli win their first ever silverware (yes, I googled St. Pauli to see if they'd won stuff before :P).

Considering my future with the club now, as they're only offering me a transfer budget of €18,000,000, and I'm in dire need of a decent striker, defender and midfielder if I'm to progress. I turned down the Man City job midway through the season, but I think if a club with a decent budget made me an offer I'd probably leave St. Pauli on a high.

On a related note, I know it's inconsequential, but is it possible to earn more than €35,000/w as a manager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

On a new career with juventus 3rd season
    Courtois
    Masi chiellini adenour
    Marchiso De rossi vidal james rodgiuquez
    Damiao gabbiadini cavini

A sensational season comes to a finish in the Barclay's Premier League for Socitelli's Newcastle United! 3 trophies in 2 seasons make him one of the clubs most successful managers in their history! The 2014 UEFA Europa League & FA Cup will have a place in St.James Park. And to top it all off a 4th place finish in the league means Champions League football next season!!

16-fa-cup.jpg

The FA Cup was won at Wembley against Manchester City in a game that ended 3-3... it went to peno's and the Toon Army held there nerve to clinch the famous cup. Adam Lallana scored the winning peno to write himself into the clubs folklore.

3002.jpg

The 2014 UEFA Europa League final was staged in the Mestalla Stadium in Valencia and was an all English affair seen Newcastle United play Liverpool. The Magpies won the game 2-0 with a brace from Papa Cissé. This result was historic for the club as it ment a 3rd trophy in 2 seasons for Roberto Socitelli :D

UEFA Champions League: FC Barcalona
    UEFA Europa League: Newcastle United
    UEFA Super Cup: FC Bayern Munich
    Barclays Premier League: Chelsea FC
    FA Cup: Newcastle United
    League Cup: Arsenal FC

Golden Boot: Danny Welbeck 18 goals.

With a foreign investor in line to buy the North-East giants, 2014/15 looks set to be a huge season for Newcastle United. As with Champions League football guaranteed, they will be able to attach some top players... August will be busy with the Community Shield and UEFA Super Cup to play for, so I nned to get my transfers sorted straight after the World Cup... watch this space!!

logo-copa-brasil-fifa01-entropy.jpg.aspx

Roberto Socitelli leads his India team to the finals in what will be his last 3 games in charge of the team. He will definality step down as manager after the finals to focus on his Newcastle United career. The draw wasn't the best as India drew host nation Brazil, Sweden & Denmark...

Either way, the Indian's will enjoy there first time ever to take part in the World Cup. To get out of the group would be an over-achievement.

Group A:
    Netherlands, Belgium, Slovenia, Colombia

Group B:
    Italy, Scotland, United States, Chile

Group C:
    England, Norway, Australia, Uruguay

Group D:
    Brazil, Sweden, Denmark, India

Group E:
    Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Egypt

Group F:
    Spain, Mexico, Hungary, Cameroon

Group G:
    France, Poland, Korean Republic, Ivory Coast

Group H:
    Argentina, Portugal, Greece, South Africa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

I robbed Infernikus idea of setting up the super league, brilliant idea mate :)

I started with Ajax in league 2. I set the Premier League up with 4.5-5 star teams, Championship 4-4.5 star teams, L1 3.5-4 star & L2 3-4 star teams

In my 1st season i sold Siem De Jong & Kolbeinn Sigordsson to raise a bit of cash. My main signings were Leandro ST, Moussa Sissoko CM, Nilo LB, Cyriac ST, Kouyate CB and a few unkowns for back up.

I thought it would of been hard to get promted but it was easy enough. Won the league on 91 pts, 11 ahead of PSV who finished 2nd. Ajax, PSV & Braga clinched the automatic promotion spots, while Lokomotiv beat Santos in the Playoff Final. Neymar top scorer with 21 goals.

Player of the season for me was Christian Eriksen, chipped in with 15 goals & 13 Assists in the League. So set up my 2nd season planning on building the team around Eriksen.... However Real came in and bid 25M, rejected... Bid again 30M, and noticed my advice screen at the top saying that we could get 45M. So made the counter offer of 45M, and Real went ahead with it. 36M of that went back into my transfer budget on top of the 10M budget at the start. Signed some good quality players in Tiote, Honda & Stekelenburg. Signed two young players for the future in Jetro Willems LB & Zuber LW. 3 Games into the season and three wins beating Getafe, Sao Paulo & Braga. Im happy with the team i have, its a young team and will only get better

Stekelenburg
    Van Rhijn Alderweireld Kouyate Nilo
    Sissoko Tiote
    Babel Honda Zuber
    Leandro
    Subs - Clissen, Moisander, Willems, Iborra, Boeriggter, Fischer, Cyriac

160px-WC-2014-Brasil.svg.png

Reining champions Spain have done the unthinkable and won their 4th major tournament in a row in Brazil. But the stars of the tournament has to go to Socitelli's India team who achieved a feat that the world taught was impossible.

They opened their campaign with a shock 3-1 win over Sweden. It was not the first time a debutante won their 1st game. Next up was host nation Brazil, who won 5-0 in there opening game against Denmark... so I was expecting something similar. India lost 1-0 thanks to a late goal from Neymar... despite the loss, we we're still in with a shout to qualify for the last 16. The last group game against Denmark was beyond intense... 0-0 going into stoppage time and Bentner bangs in a header for Denmark in what they thought was enough to send em threw, but straight from the tip off Hussain ran from his own half beating 4 Danish players and fired a cracking 20 yard blast into the top corner to send India into the last 16!!!!! :D

The last 16 I drew England. Again huge underdogs going into the match. But in typical English fashion they played ****e and I was allowed win the game 1 nil. Hodgson defo got the sack afterwards and the media must of had a field day...

The quarter finals I had Colombia. Falcao scored after 3 mins and I thought I was dead and buried... but goals from my captain Hussain on the 70th and 85th min saw India make history and qualify for the semi-finals of the World Cup.

The world thought a true underdog story was forming. But France stood in the way and they hammered me in the semi... 4-1. The dream had ended :(

The 3rd/4th place play-off was against my home nation Italy. Despite a guttsie performance India lost 3-1 to exit the tournament...

Looking back my route to the semi's wasn't the hardest... I lost the big games, except for maybe England. Where as Spain beat Argentina, Germany, Italy and France.... Jésus Navas won the golden boot with 8 goals

I resigned straight after the tournament... having turned India from a half star team into a 2 star team :pac:

spain-world-cup-champions.jpg

Ugh! The Board at St. Pauli are a bunch of morons! :mad:

My 29 y/o star CB wanted to leave because he was unhappy (wanted to move closer to Russia). I got offered face value (5.5mil) by Leverkusen, I sent back a counter of 7mil. They countered with 6mil, I countered again with 6.5 to see if I could squeeze for a bit more since he was in top form on the pitch, and the board went and sold him to CSKA Moskow the day after for 5.5mil!

Mt xbox died... so got a new one... have to start a fesh career mode :( so this will be my last until Fifa14 comes out!

I'll gonna make up a new character too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

FINALLY GOT BE A PRO AND A DECENT CAMERA ANGLE TO ENJOY IT!! come on barnet all the way

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ugh! The Board at St. Pauli are a bunch of morons! :mad:

My 29 y/o star CB wanted to leave because he was unhappy (wanted to move closer to Russia). I got offered face value (5.5mil) by Leverkusen, I sent back a counter of 7mil. They countered with 6mil, I countered again with 6.5 to see if I could squeeze for a bit more since he was in top form on the pitch, and the board went and sold him to CSKA Moskow the day after for 5.5mil!

This happened AGAIN!

85 rated striker with 27 goals in all competitions in the middle of January handed in a transfer request. Arsenal bid €25million. I countered with €35million. Arsenal accepted that offer, and a week later the board sold him to Arsenal for €20million!

FFS, the glitches in this game are comical.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SEANoftheDEAD I really enjoyed reading your posts about bringing india to the world cup,brilliant :D.

I'm playing as liverpool,Just finished my first season and managed to nick 4th spot,despite being top of the league most of the season :rolleyes:,I sold suarez and brought reus from dortmund and ledandowski :D.

SEANoftheDEAD I really enjoyed reading your posts about bringing india to the world cup,brilliant :D.

haha thanks man! Twas one of the best things I've ever got to do in a any of the Fifas...

Sadly tho, my xbox packed it in a little while after it and I lost the save file!

So my character Roberto Socitelli is no more :(

This is my last career mode til the new Fifa...

So welcome Jean Colorant :p 40 year old former French international forward.
    He played most of his career for Olympique Lyonnais, between the years 1990-1998. Scoring 112 goals. And also featured in France's World Cup success!
    He then signed for West Ham United in July 1998 after the World Cup, the Hammers finished 5th in his 1st season with the French man netting 13 goals... but injury plagued his time in England after that, so he signed for Al-Hilal in Saudi Arabia 2000. Lack of appearances spelled the end, before he won the Saudi Arabian League in 2002! But retired shortly after.

He went back to France to complete his coaching badges and worked on the coaching staff at AS Monaco, until the 2012/13 Ligue 2 season where he was promoted to 1st team manager!

AS-Monaco-icon.png

Season 2012/13 Review

Colorant's Monaco stormed their way to the Ligue 2 with an undefeated season.
    High profile signings returned to the club; Thierry Henry & David Trezeguet topped the scoring charts with 20+ goals each.
    514422_trezeguet-thierry-henry-as-monaco-diapohenry.jpg

The Coupe Nationale also found a new home in the Stade Louis II, with AS Monaco winning the cup in the Parc de Princes 2-1 over LOSC Lille for the first time since 1991. :D

So a Ligue 2 title and major cup under the belt in his first season in charge at Monaco and his first as a professional manager. Ligue 1 will be an interesting campaign with reigning champions PSG looking to retain there title. UEFA Europa League football is also back, so more additions to the squad are important.

AS Monaco

Full Name: Association Sportive de Monaco Football Club
    Nicknames: Les Rouge et Blanc
    Founded: 23 August 1924
    Ground: Stade Louis II
    Capacity: 18,500
    stade-louis-ii-monaco-181.jpg
    Chairman: Dmitry Rybolovlev
    Manager: Jean Colorant

AS Monaco Roll of Honour:

Ligue 1 Champions (7): 1961, 1963, 1978, 1982, 1988, 1997, 2000
    Coupe de France (6): 1960, 1963, 1980, 1985, 1991, 2013
    Coupe de la Ligue (1): 2003
    Trophée des champions (4): 1961, 1985, 1997, 2000
    UEFA Champions League: Runners-up 2004
    UEFA Cup' Winners Cup: Runners-up 1992

Jean Colorant Roll of Honour:

Ligue 2 Champions (1): 2013
    Coupe de France (1): 2013

Great start to the new career mode... long may it continue! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I look forward to reading about it sean :D.

• Advertisement

I look forward to reading about it sean :D.

haha cheers man... as fate would have it... October 30th 2013... Olympique Lyonnais have made an official bid for me!!!

35,000 a week, 3 year deal...

Didn't know what te do. So I saved and quit for the night haha :P

Maybe L'Equipe will have something official in the morning ;)

At a lunch time press conferance today in Monaco, the club AS Monaco have confirmed the departure of their manager Jean Colorant to Olympique Lyonnais, after only 1 year and 3 months in the job.

Lyon sacked Rémi Garde last week due to the teams recent poor form, so the club moved quickly to lure Jean Colorant away from his tax free wages. :D

207px-Olympique_Lyonnais_logo.svg.png

The Monaco supporters we're outraged at the sudden departure and with a league show down set for two weeks, no doubt the Stade Louis II will make their feelings known!

Olympique Lyonnais

Founded: 1950
    Nicknames: Les Gones
    Ground: Stade de Gerland
    Capacity: 40,500
    Owner/Chairman: Jean-Michel Aulas
    Manager: Jean Colorant

61000.jpg

Roll of Honor:

Lique 1 Champions (7): 2001–02, 2002–03, 2003–04, 2004–05, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08

Coupe de France Champions (5): 1964, 1967, 1973, 2008, 2012

Coupe de la Ligue (1): 2001

Trophée des Champions (8): 1973, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2012

UEFA Intertoto Cup (1): 1997

Since this my last manager mode on Fifa13, I moved to a club with a bigger budget. 5 years since Lyon's last league win... have te sort that out and also do something in Europe with him.
    The Stade Gerland is savage in the game too... have te make it my fortress!

A sensational frist season in charge at the Stade Gerland.

A domestic cup double and UEFA Europa League completed the treble. :D
    I also finished 3rd to secure Champions League football next season!!

My exploits with Monaco and Lyon clearly didnt go un-noticed as the French FA came to me to manage the national team in the 2014 World Cup. Too which I accepted.

I won all 3 group games against Ivory Coast, Austrailia & Denmark.
    Beat Cameroon 4-2 in the last 16...

Tonight is a titanic showdown against England in Rio! :D

Jean Colorant Honours: (Gonna Keep an update of my managerial achievements here :pac:)

AS Monaco July 2012 - September 2013

Ligue 2 Winner: 2012/13
    Coupe de France Winner: 2012/13

Olympique Lyonnais September 2013 - Present

Coupe de France Winner: 2013/14
    Coupe de la Ligue Winner: 2013/14
    UEFA Europa League Winner : 2013/14

France (National Team) June 2014 - Present

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

In my 3 year as manager of Spurs and all is going well. This seasons team looks like this:

Sirigu(86)

Walker(87) Caulker(87) Vertonghen(86) Rose(83)

Sandro(87)

Reus(88) De Lima Silva(81)

Bale(95) Neymar(89) Ronaldo(90)

Subs include Lavezzi, Walcott, Sigurdson and Kaboul.

De Lima Silva is a kid I signed on a free and is incredible for pace and shots.

Going through a ****e patch atm though. Struggling to gain any momentum in the league after a great finish last season to come back from 8 points down to take it on the final day with a 1 nil win over arsenal.

Jean Colorant Honours: (Gonna Keep an update of my managerial achievements here :pac:)

AS Monaco July 2012 - September 2013

Ligue 2 Winner: 2012/13
    Coupe de France Winner: 2012/13

Olympique Lyonnais September 2013 - Present

Coupe de France Winner: 2013/14
    Coupe de la Ligue Winner: 2013/14
    Trophée des Champions Winner: 2014/15
    UEFA Europa League Winner : 2013/14
    UEFA Super Cup Winner: 2014/15

France (National Team) June 2014 - Present

The honours keep growing :D

New Years Day 2015... Ligue 1 is on it's mid-season break!

My Lyon team has just gone top of the table in a 3 horse race for the title with PSG and Bordeaux.
    I've put in place a rule of no over 30's at the club, so I'm using allot of youth players. And I have to say it makes the game much harder, but way more enjoyable. Two players that are progressing well are Maxime Blanc and Yassine Benzia... There gonna be world class! I gave them there 1st French caps too!
    2008 was the last time Lyon won the title... I really wanna end that drought with this squad.

I drew the mighty Bayern Munich in the Champions League last 16... It's gonna be tough!

Marseille knocked me out of the Coupe de la Ligue in the Semi-finals... 2-0 in the Velodrome :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45 McGeough123

Christian Eriksen grows into an absolute beast in this game. Starts off at 79 and after 4 seasons is 95.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Christian Eriksen grows into an absolute beast in this game. Starts off at 79 and after 4 seasons is 95.

Mauritz Leitner is another one who turns into a beast. 74 to 87 in 3 seasons

• Advertisement

Went to load up my career mode with liverpool and it was gone :eek: wtf like.Can't be bothered starting again tbh.

Advertisement