Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 13 Career Mode thread

Options

Comments

Tried to start a manager career for the 1st time with AFC Wimbledon in League 2 but the cpu is just so cheap on legendary.

Even 6 FT + league 2 strikers gets the dribbling ability of Messi when attacking around the box.

Ill continue with it but its a bit of a pain in the arse at the moment to play!

Just before Xmas in my 1st season with AFC Wimbledon I was offered the Bolton job.

I would have stayed with AFC W but I was delighted when the job offer came in because 2 matches before leaving, 2 of my players got injured and I didn't have enough players now in my squad so I had to forfeit 1 match 3 - 0 and then I was offered the Bolton job. It was great timing because the 2 lads were injured for 4 weeks so I would have had to forfeit a load of matches.

Had AFC W in 6th place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

looking to start a new career :)

anyone give me any opinions who to start with?

im looking for a team thats preferably in the top league like the premiership/la liga , leagues like that

but im also looking for a team thats not OP, like man united,real madried etc

also a team with a balanced starting budget, so i dont go off buying top rated players worth 50m :P

i started one as west ham and got 3 seasons in then got bored, want to start fresh

i was thinking spurs but their budget is really high so i think i might end up just buying top rated players and selling the whole team off :L

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    looking to start a new career :)

anyone give me any opinions who to start with?

southampton is always a good team to start with. already a few handy players at the club, few good youths, and a budget if €8m i think so you'll be careful where you spend your money

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Nottingham Forest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 McGeough123

I done my career with Sunderland. They have a low budget and pretty low expectations as well. Have some decent players like McClean,Sessègnon. I actually sold Sessègnon straight away for 19 million. So I had plenty of money to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

What level do most guys here play career mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

shamrock55 wrote: »
    What level do most guys here play career mode?

After much pain and frustration, my crowning achievement was winning the domestic double with Liverpool on World Class.

0fh4.jpg
    kzkb.jpg

I'm yet to venture into the sickening waters of Legendary, it'll probably be FIFA 14 before I give that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I stick to semi-pro, because I'm a wuss. :(

Though I am close to graduating to Pro at this stage.

Oh, I was boosting my second Virtual Pro's stats by getting accomplishments, and I messed around with the CPU settings... It's quite amusing to see Barcelona totally unable to string two passes together. :pac:

Legendary myself but its some chore!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

xerces wrote: »
    kzkb.jpg

I'm yet to venture into the sickening waters of Legendary, it'll probably be FIFA 14 before I give that a go.

I'd say that was some final :D

I'd say that was some final :D

It was great craic, very dramatic stuff :D. Reina made the crucial save in the penalty shootout to win it for me.

Myself and Man United had some amazing games in that career. There was another in the second leg of the Champions League quarter-final where I was 4-3 down deep into injury time, but as it stood another away goal would put me through and them out. As you can guess, Aguero found a bit of space at the edge of the box for me and belted one into the top corner. The tie had completely swung with literally the last kick of the game. I just left the controller down for a bit and thought; that was brilliant fun :D.

I've never won the Champions League on World Class or Legendary though, anyone here done it?

My Sunderland team won everything on world class. After 5 seasons the team looked like this: Ter Stegen, Van Rhijn Subotic Matip Alaba , Capoue Wilshere, Shaqiri Eriksen Gotze , Reus.

My Sunderland team won everything on world class. After 5 seasons the team looked like this: Ter Stegen, Van Rhijn Subotic Matip Alaba , Capoue Wilshere, Shaqiri Eriksen Gotze , Reus.

I see, that's an impressive team, well played.

I have to admit that I've never played five seasons into a single career, I've always started over when things aren't going so well. I'd say I could challenge for the treble if I was to continue playing with the team I won the domestic double with.

WTF?? I came 3rd in the championship with Bolton. I was waiting for the playoffs to start and then the game says "start new season" and then I'm in the PL??

I see, that's an impressive team, well played.

I have to admit that I've never played five seasons into a single career, I've always started over when things aren't going so well. I'd say I could challenge for the treble if I was to continue playing with the team I won the domestic double with.

Yeah, I would just to keep playing on with the same team. It took me 3 seasons to win my first trophy, and from then on it started to get a little easier to win games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It was great craic, very dramatic stuff :D. Reina made the crucial save in the penalty shootout to win it for me.

Myself and Man United had some amazing games in that career. There was another in the second leg of the Champions League quarter-final where I was 4-3 down deep into injury time, but as it stood another away goal would put me through and them out. As you can guess, Aguero found a bit of space at the edge of the box for me and belted one into the top corner. The tie had completely swung with literally the last kick of the game. I just left the controller down for a bit and thought; that was brilliant fun :D.

I've never won the Champions League on World Class or Legendary though, anyone here done it?

That's brilliant,I think fifa 13 has had the most enjoyable career mode of all the fifa's for a long time.Ive yet to get bored of it unlike previous fifa's.

ok i decided to go with Arsenal

i know they start with a big budget but im going to play on legendary instead of world class , baring in mind im pretty bad at fifa, but it will be a challange, ive no doubth il be fired after 15 games :L but il keep the ball rolling

bad pun

anyhow il shall update here every in game month posting my scores and what transfer deals ive gone for and what ever else might be interesting :D

Ok ive had a change of heart :L legendary is way to hard for me

so i started a new career and deciding im going to stick this one out

Team : Real Sociedad
    Budget : 3m ? i think its just a little over 3million

Month : August

Ok so i just finished the month in August , made one transfer which was badly needed as i think Real Sociedads defence is very poor, and quite slow
    so i bought Maximiliano Pereira for 2.8million, the team Benfica who i bought him off were looking for 3.8million so i offered up a player as well ( an unknown player worth 900k ) although i needed the deal to happen fast since my first league match was vs Barcelona
    hes a RB player and i put him in CRB due to his speed , hes fast but not very fast also hes quite strong so i believe he could be valuable in the future

Two matchs in August, both league matchs

Barcelona vs Real Sociedad ( 6 - 0 )
    A terribly defeat, i got trashed, 5 goals first half, 1 goal second half, but then again it was barcelona, messy just walked around my defence, only got two shots off in the whole game.

Real Sociedad vs Celta Vigo ( 0 - 1 )
    Honestly thought it would be a game i was going to win, but alas it was not meant to be, i had 60% possession , 13 shots on target , while they only had 3 shots on target , my defence held up well this game, and my forwards were giving their keeper hell , but they held on to win a 1-0 victory

So all in all , 2 league game defeats, my first two league games , im placed 20th but im keeping high hopes for the month of September :) just hope its not Real Madrid this month :L

Bought Bojan for Bolton. Banging in the goals!!

• Advertisement

Ok so i started this earlier i want to try bring an n power div 2 team all the way to the prem and then get to champs league, im doing it at world class level and decided for no reason to go with accrington stanley:D, well so far so good after 8 league games im joint top with wycome having won 7 drawn 1 against wycome (should have won) and have only conceded 2 im through to the 3rd rd of johnstones paint trophy and beat watford 1 - 0 in the league cup then the draw was made for nxt rd of league cup and when i drew liverpool at anfield i thought id get demolished well i came back twice to draw 2-2 and won on pens only downfall is my transfer kitty is 140,000 and i only got 1,200 bonus for beating liverpool so buying a higher quality of player is gonna be impossible for higher leagues,Accrington stanley who are they:D

Ok so i started this earlier i want to try bring an n power div 2 team all the way to the prem and then get to champs league, im doing it at world class level and decided for no reason to go with accrington stanley:D, well so far so good after 8 league games im joint top with wycome having won 7 drawn 1 against wycome (should have won) and have only conceded 2 im through to the 3rd rd of johnstones paint trophy and beat watford 1 - 0 in the league cup then the draw was made for nxt rd of league cup and when i drew liverpool at anfield i thought id get demolished well i came back twice to draw 2-2 and won on pens only downfall is my transfer kitty is 140,000 and i only got 1,200 bonus for beating liverpool so buying a higher quality of player is gonna be impossible for higher leagues,Accrington stanley who are they:D
    Yeah Accrington have some good players. Amond is a beast striker, Linganzi is a powerhouse midfielder and Murphy is a solid defender.

Yeah Accrington have some good players. Amond is a beast striker, Linganzi is a powerhouse midfielder and Murphy is a solid defender.

Thats gas cos i play 451 and have sheppard up front think he is better then amond didnt notice linganzi yea murphy is good alright

Thats gas cos i play 451 and have sheppard up front think he is better then amond didnt notice linganzi yea murphy is good alright

Amond has serious finishing and in my career went up to 65 overall after first season. Will Hatfield and Aiden Chippendale are also young promising players.

Amond has serious finishing and in my career went up to 65 overall after first season. Will Hatfield and Aiden Chippendale are also young promising players.

I made a mistake btw im playing pro not worldclass im behind exeter by a point with a game in hand with 8 to play i got to semis of johnstone paint trophy got beat in first rd of fa cup:( but got to final of league cup losing 4 1 to arsenal but beat watford, liverpool,leeds, man city, and spurs on the way oh and amond went 20 yes 20 games without scoring i never played him for full games though:D has scored in his last 2 mind

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

I have started what i reckon will be my last career mode in Fifa 13. I have always chose an English team to play with, so this time i strarted with Roma. They have squad of around 13-14 good players, but the rest arent the may west. The ones that stick out are De Rossi, Balzaretti, Stekelenburg, Lamela & Pjanic. They have some good young players in Florenzi & Tachtazidis. Got around 14M to start off with. I sold Osvaldo & De Rossi to make up a bit more cash and revamp the squad. I was a bit iffy on selling De Rossi but Dortmund offered 24M and i couldnt refuse that!

I needed to sign two good CB and a RB was a priority. I bought Douglas & Bochetti & a guy called Umititi from Lyon for cover, hes only 19 but will turn into a good centre half. I signed Aurier from Toulouse for RB, only 19 but hes very good. I was grand in the middle and only needed a replacement for De Rossi, i bought Blaise Matuidi from PSG, he reminds me of Makelele, hes box to box, aggressive & agile. Then up front signed Matias Suarez from Anderlecht. He can score from anywhere, only weakness is that he isnt strong in the air but doesnt affect me much as i prefer the tiki taka football

Team line up

Stekelenburg

Aurier Douglas Bochetti Balzaretti

Matuidi Bradley

Bojan Pjanic Lamela

Suarez

Playing on World Class, 14 games into the league & im unbeaten & currently 2nd in the league, 2 pnts behind Milan. Had some cracking games already. Beat Parma 5-3 in a thriller, and in the cup had a tough game against bottom of the table Pescara winning 3-1 in ET. They have a guy playing for them called Montero, played for Colombia in the U20 WC. Class player

Doing very well at the back, from 14 league games ive kept 7 clean sheets. Then up front Pjanic, Bojan, Suarez & Destro are chipping in with the goals.

Enjoying this season more than i would with an English team, although i think its not the hardest league in the game

Hopefully ill stick this out and will keep me occupied until Fifa 14 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

In the middle of my 5th year as United boss, won the league in years 3 and 4. Out of contention for it this season but looking to get the FA and Champions League wins this year.

Team is

Neuer

Richards
    Hummels----Subotic
    Alba

Cesc
    Thiago

Ronaldo
    Neymar

Messi

Aguero

Subs

- Lindegard
    - Rafeal
    - Buttner
    - Clark
    - Jones
    - Clev
    - Pogba
    - El Shaarawy

And a load of filler youth team players

• Registered Users Posts: 2 McGeeeee

In this FIFA ive struggled to find a balanced formation for offline modes. In comparison, on UT, there are 4 or 5 formations which are notably stronger than the others in general. These being; 4-1-2-1-2
    4-2-3-1
    3-5-2
    5-2-2-1

However after trying these offline ive found them slightly lackluster and have struggled to get used to them. Has anyone found a solid formation to use on career mode etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

McGeeeee wrote: »
    In this FIFA ive struggled to find a balanced formation for offline modes. In comparison, on UT, there are 4 or 5 formations which are notably stronger than the others in general. These being; 4-1-2-1-2
    4-2-3-1
    3-5-2
    5-2-2-1

However after trying these offline ive found them slightly lackluster and have struggled to get used to them. Has anyone found a solid formation to use on career mode etc?

Try 4-2-2-2 or 4-3-3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Playing career on legendary at the moment and I find the only two formations that work is 4-5-1 and 4-3-3 false 9.

I like to play a quick on the ground game with short passing, I find the 451 gives you a good bit of flexibility, the two plays behind the striker can cut inside to shore up attacks through the middle, or they can make runs outside to the wing. You have three players in midfield to contain and keep possession, and your fullbacks can get forward without leaving you too exposed at the back.

The only thing you need to be careful of is that your CB's don't get sucked in to making challenges far up the pitch, as the ball over the top or diagonally through the defence can catch you out if the opposing team are very fast ;)

Advertisement