Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved back to Eircom ??

Options
  • 17-10-2012 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I moved back to eircom in the last few weeks, I was with vodafone before that. I am supposed to be on NGB broadband but my download and upload speeds have not changed at all. So what is going on I presumed It would improve slightly. If anything its worse, check out my speeds below.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2248587650.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Piusno1 wrote: »
    I moved back to eircom in the last few weeks, I was with vodafone before that. I am supposed to be on NGB broadband but my download and upload speeds have not changed at all. So what is going on I presumed It would improve slightly. If anything its worse, check out my speeds below.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2248587650.png

Hi Piusno1

The speed looks Ok considering the connection is "up to" 8mb, If you would like to PM me your account details I will run some direct checks for you to see if there's any room for improvement.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Hi Piusno1

The speed looks Ok considering the connection is "up to" 8mb, If you would like to PM me your account details I will run some direct checks for you to see if there's any room for improvement.

Regards
    Linda

I have been thinking of returning to eircom. However there is no ngb in my area yet, but you have made a surprising point that I was unaware of. You advertise ngb as uncongested. So the question must be why is the speed not 8mb or is it an issue with the line of the above comment, in which case she is unlikely to ever have an 8mb line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

ads20101 wrote: »
    I have been thinking of returning to eircom. However there is no ngb in my area yet, but you have made a surprising point that I was unaware of. You advertise ngb as uncongested. So the question must be why is the speed not 8mb or is it an issue with the line of the above comment, in which case she is unlikely to ever have an 8mb line.

Hi ads20101

As NGB is not available in you area yet the speeds would range between 1mb, 3mb, 7mb and 24mb depending on the maximum capability speed your line can hold. Our NGB packages are "up to" 8mbs as the telephone lines are not laid in direct line of sight. The maximum distance the broadband signal can travel is roughly 8km but gradually slows down before reaching this point that is why NGB products are sold as "up to" 8mb as each line is different and speed can vary depending on the set up of your line. If you have any more questions let me know.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Piusno1

Hi Linda just wondering did you do any direct checks to see is there any room for improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Piusno1 wrote: »
    Hi Linda just wondering did you do any direct checks to see is there any room for improvement.

Hi Piusno1,

The speed to the main socket is set at:

Downstream
    Synced at: 7168kbps
    Provisioned: 160-7168kbps

That is the max speed available, which is the highest profile available able on the line I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement