Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build under €400

Options
  • 17-10-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Any you guys recommend where to get a new/ or re-conditioned desktop running windows 64 bit to run Photoshop CS5 without and freeze ups ???

Thanks Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

going to need abit more info mate, like what system you have at the momment and what you'll need with the system (wifi card, monitor, card reader etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Piusno1

Hi, I don't mind if the system is fresh from the start. If anyone else out there has used Photoshop cs5 they might know what is best.
    But I was thinking 4-6gb ram, 1TB hard drive , good graphics card and maybe an SSD drive to boot photoshop from. I really don't have much of a clue about what is necessary to run PS smoothly.

You won't get all that for under €400 the closest I got is near €150 over budget but you could nock down the price if you leave the ssd and graphics card for abit and just get them later.
    AMD FX CPU's arn't great for gaming compared to the i3's so if you want to use this as a gaming machine aswell you'll probably want to switch to an i3 instead otherwise stick to the FX because there great for photoshop and video editing and other multi-threaded apps also the graphics card has CUDA which helps run photoshop alot smooter:

Item|Price
    AMD FX-6100 Prozessor, Boxed, Sockel AM3+|€104.02
    ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX, Sockel AM3+, mATX|€48.87
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€27.42
    Samsung SH-224BB bare schwarz|€17.15
    Toshiba DT01ACA Series 1TB, SATA 6Gb/s|€62.60
    Samsung SSD 830 128GB SATA 6GB's Paper Box|€85.16
    FRACTAL DESIGN Gehäuse Core 1000 black|€34.31
    Thermaltake Smart Power 530W|€42.16
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 OC, 1GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI|€103.05
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€543.73

Or you could be able to upgrade your current system but we need to know what the specs are first to see if we can or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Piusno1

Thanks 'Irishmetalhead' for the reply, at the moment I'm using my Acer extensa 5230 lappy for working in photoshop. Its not ideal its annoying. I have an old tower unit beside me on the bench buts its so old I hardly use it. The case would be the only thing worth using. If it was possible to upgrade it with new motherboard etc. etc. I would. With the spec you have above and leave out the SSD and anything else that would not compromise me working photoshop smoothly. I could just go for that.

aye if you get what i specced out and leave the ssd out for now it will still be a huge improvment over your laptop. i'd rcommend to just get a new case because the old you hav might not be sutible for cooling or form factor sizes

• Advertisement
Advertisement