Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Collectors

Options
  • 18-10-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

We had a couple of teenagers call at 9pm collecting for their ms readathon . They saw our 3 small dogs and proceeded to try and ask a multitude of questions like do we know the mother, would we sell them, just made us really uneasy. Far too many questions. Anyone else encounter them tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Spongebopp

We had a couple of teenagers call at 9pm collecting for their ms readathon . They saw our 3 small dogs and proceeded to try and ask a multitude of questions like do we know the mother, would we sell them, just made us really uneasy. Far too many questions. Anyone else encounter them tonight?

that sounds quite worrying alright, didn't have these guys call, but we do get alot of callers. Annoying when they call late with kids and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

We had 2 kids call on Tues night, boy & girl. Boy commented on my dog actually. Gave them a fiver as I assumed they were local.
    It was only after i paid them that I realised the school was in Rathnew- when I questioned why they were in Charlesland boy piped up that her mum was visiting his mum in Charlesland wood. I'll be asking in advance in future.
    On a related note, I had Concern chuggers call recently, at 8.30pm- are they allowed call that late?

Advertisement