Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Query

Options
  • 18-10-2012 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if I have a limit of say €3000 on my credit card and I owe no money on it an then lodge say another €3000 into the account. Is it then possible for me to pay for an item to the value of €6000?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi keano007,

Yes, you're correct. As per your example, you could use your credit card up to the amount of €6,000 if your credit limit is €3,000 and you lodge €3,000 to your credit card account. If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thanks for posting,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭keano007

And can you tell me is there a charge if my credit card account is in credit to make a cash withdrawal?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Keano007,

As long as you are withdrawing Euro and the amount that you withdraw is not greater than the amount that you are in credit, you won't be charged for withdrawing the funds. If you withdraw more than the amount you are in credit a cash advance fee will be applied.

If you are withdrawing funds from a foreign ATM in another currency, a cross-border handling fee will apply regardless of whether or not your account is in credit.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement