Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which pizza place to try?

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The best Pizza I've ever had in Ireland is from Napoli on Cross Street in Galway.

It's just amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I think out of all the big "chains" in Ireland (Mizzoni's, Domino's, Apache, Four Star, etc), Four Star is actually the best.

Everyone's going to have their favourite local independent place, or restaurant though. The best pizza I've had recently was in Casa Pasta in Clontarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I had Apache recently and it was awful.
    Used to be my favourite pizza.
    Such a shame.
    Dominos and PHQ are still the best chains in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

pizza n' cream in bray, lovely pizzas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Eathrin wrote: »
    Such a shame.
    Dominos and PHQ are still the best chains in my view.

Theres 3 big differences there:

Apache - Frozen Dough

Dominos - Centrally produced but delivered fresh

PHD - Made in store

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Eathrin wrote: »
    Such a shame.

Apache is gone awful since they started doing that "Any Pizza, Any Size €10" deal. They're really skimping on the toppings and as a result, the pizza is always really dry and overcooked.

I've more or less stopped ordering takeaway pizza, tbh. Base is really good, but stupidly expensive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Pizzadog pizzas are my favourite, although I haven't been to Paulie's yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Pizzadog pizzas are my favourite, although I haven't been to Paulie's yet.

You won't want to leave, trust me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

fabios in coolock is brilliant and proper pizza in arklow is the best in the town, imo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

fabios in coolock is brilliant
    They've opened a branch in Swords now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Dominos!

*drools*

Honestly, I think the secrets in the dips ;)

It's definitely overpriced, but if you know where to look, you can get
    40-50% off any order. For example, I know in my local store they have a "spend over €40 and get it half price on all year round" which means I can get around 50 euros worth of mouth watering goodness for €25!

nom nom nom nom nom...crap I'm hungry now... :/

Screen-shot-2012-02-16-at-21.33.30.png6a00d8345194a469e20120a7ca0097970b-800wie-shop.php?s=615&d=17122012&u=30044152
    domino-s-pizza.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I must be one of the few people who thinks Domino's is horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Na - pretty much anyone who has any sense of taste/ knows anything about food would agree with you!

Where I live, it's either dominos or apache. Maybe the pizza itself isn't "incredibly amazing" but it's still really good, and the dips, sides & desserts make up for that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Dominos!

It's definitely overpriced, but if you know where to look, you can get
    40-50% off any order. For example, I know in my local store they have a "spend over €40 and get it half price on all year round" which means I can get around 50 euros worth of mouth watering goodness for €25!

Who the hell buys €50 worth of pizza in one go???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Surprisingly doable if you get a couple of pizzas, plus sides, desserts, drinks etc.

Wouldn't interest me though.

Well they may price it at €50, but it's certainly not worth that much..
    €25 however, yeah sure.

I'd usually get a small pizza and a crap load of sides & desserts :)

Merkin wrote: »
    You won't want to leave, trust me :D

Well I finally had a pizza from Paulie's last night and that's it. Instant addiction!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Well I finally had a pizza from Paulie's last night and that's it. Instant addiction!

OMG isn't it just amazing Dizzy?! So glad you've been!! Which one did you have? It's pretty much a spiritual experience eating a pizza from there!

Merkin wrote: »
    OMG isn't it just amazing Dizzy?! So glad you've been!! Which one did you have? It's pretty much a spiritual experience eating a pizza from there!

I had the Quattro Stagione (ham, mushroom, black olive, & cherry tomato) and it seems they've changed it a bit because instead of the cherry tomatoes there was artichoke. It was deeply spiritual!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Used to be a place called Slice in Belfast, not sure if it's open anymore it had amazing pizza's, chicken, chorizo and sun dried tomato..mmmmm and their potato waffle chip and dips were equally as good!

Advertisement