Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim City 4 vs Sim City Societies?

• 18-10-2012 6:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Although I have always been aware of the Sim City franchise, I have never played it. Well, not counting that one time at a friends house I played it once for 5 mins, back before I even had a computer at my house!!

Anyway I came across a video for Sim City 5 on another thread in this forum; here. I think this looks great. Looks like the type of game that's really up my street. Really baffles me that I have never played Sim City before now.

I want to download and play one of the games but I'm unsure which one is better. I have read a little bit online about both and there seems to be a few more negative posts about Sim City Societies, from what I've come across.

So, Sim City 4 or Sim City Societies? Any feedback would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I only ever played 4, never played societies, but that's because the reviews I read were quite bad, the game was generally considered to be a bust. However 4 was a great game, I still play it from time to time.

Another one to look at in the same vein would be tropico, I would highly recommend it, great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Sim City 4 is fantastic, and is a proper Sim City title.

Sim City societies is rubbish and you shouldn't even consider it. It's not a true Sim City game.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I only ever played 4, never played societies, but that's because the reviews I read were quite bad, the game was generally considered to be a bust. However 4 was a great game, I still play it from time to time.

Another one to look at in the same vein would be tropico, I would highly recommend it, great game.

Cool, thanks. I'll check out Tropico.
    Shzm wrote: »
    Sim City 4 is fantastic, and is a proper Sim City title.

Sim City societies is rubbish and you shouldn't even consider it. It's not a true Sim City game.

Thanks. I have downloaded Sim City 4, and look forward to playing it later when I'm home!

Cheers for the replies guys, been a long time since I immersed myself into a game; probably because it's dangerous as everything else gets put on hold :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

How is everyone finding Sim City 4? The last sim city game I played was Sim City 3000, I saw an Ad for Sim City 5 coming out in March and it got me thinking about the old games and if I should get back into playing them.

Thinking of getting Sim City 4 or The Sims 3, what would ye recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Scarlet1989

Did anyone here buy Sim city 5 yet?? Debating myself on whether to buy it or not!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Did anyone here buy Sim city 5 yet?? Debating myself on whether to buy it or not!

I'm still holding out until there's a fairly major patch at the very least.

Advertisement