Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€450m Credit Guarantee Scheme

• 18-10-2012 7:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

So the Govt is to provide credit to small and medium businesses. It will provide an extra €150 million in lending to such firms by 2016.
    Link

Anyone remember when there was a State run institution with branches in every town? Ah yes, Postbank. Where the bailout money could have gone. Small enough to fail and quietly shut down whilst billions poured into incompetent banks.

I guess we could do with that "good bank" now huh?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Don't think you need a branch in every town for this, neither would you have the expertise to administer it. I think I heard that this will be administered through the county enterprise boards which have offices in every county and the experience to run it. More sensible approach IMO

Advertisement