Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any opinions on this Tab?

• 18-10-2012 8:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/656173369/9_7_inch_Quad_Core_IPS.html

Folks, I've been looking for a couple of new android tabs and after some deep trawling on good auld Alibaba I've come across the above.
    Specwise it looks good and after some email contact with the supplier...Pricewise it is very good(I think at least) at $230 delivered(+Vat and Duty of course)
    Ideally I'd like the version with built in 3G but that is unavailable until December.
    In the meantime I'm wondering if anyone here has any input on whether or not this Tablet/Spec is any good?
    And indeed any other recommendations? Bearing in mind at least a matching spec including 3G?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

It says min order 10 units. Otherwise very good tablet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Jarren wrote: »
    It says min order 10 units. Otherwise very good tablet.

Thanks Jarren,Yeah I know the ad stated minimum is 10 but I've been in touch with the supplier and they will supply single and small multiple orders and via paypal too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

Hi Banie,

I did some research on cheap Chinese tablets and I'm finding it impossible to find any message board/thread/post for anyone claiming to have purchased a 'TeamGee' tablet nor any reactions/issues/roms available for their tablets. For that reason I'd suggest you steer clear of them.

More 'main stream' Chinese tablets you might want to look at would be:
    YuanDao/Window (N101 ii)
    Cube (U30GT)
    PiPo (M2)

I personally ordered the YuanDao N101-II today as a gift. Will let you know how it turns out when it eventually arrives :)

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

PopnFresh wrote: »
    Hi Banie,

I did some research on cheap Chinese tablets and I'm finding it impossible to find any message board/thread/post for anyone claiming to have purchased a 'TeamGee' tablet nor any reactions/issues/roms available for their tablets. For that reason I'd suggest you steer clear of them.

More 'main stream' Chinese tablets you might want to look at would be:
    YuanDao/Window (N101 ii)
    Cube (U30GT)
    PiPo (M2)

I personally ordered the YuanDao N101-II today as a gift. Will let you know how it turns out when it eventually arrives :)

Where did you buy it from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

Where did you buy it from?

Ordered it from China 'Shenzhen Eternal Technology' on Alibaba.

Just realised someone from Waterford imports and re-sells a lot of Chinese tablets. He sells the Cube U30GT but is currently out of stock.

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

I think it best to stick to a Chinese tab that has support from communities like slatedriod. Otherwise you could end up with nice hardware but really poor software.
    Pipo M3 looks like a nice 10" tab. Ainol will be bring a larger 10" tab out soon and it quad core.

Advertisement