Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbers in Dublin

Options
  • 18-10-2012 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

Can anyone recommend a good barber in Dublin City Centre. D2 area of the city would be ideal. Working near Merrion Square.
    Price isn't really an issue as I only get the haircut every 6-8 weeks.
    I usually go to Grafton Barber up on Baggot St.

Anyone any other recommendations for somewhere really good?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I go to the Grafton Barber on Grafton St or Jervis SC. I hear knights on the green are decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

Merchant barbers in temple bar are very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

The Grooming Rooms http://www.thegroomingrooms.com/index.php are probably the best for a premium haircut - 35e a pop

edit: have been there before, excellent experience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

The Barber's Room on College Street is where I've been going for three years and I really like it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭malin182

Does anyone know a decent barbers around Dorset st/Phibsboro/Drumcondra area? Not looking for anything too fancy, just going for the ol' blade back and sides with a trim on the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Butcher Barber off of Grafton St.

Starts at €30, includes wash and head massage. You'll need at least a few hours to book an appointment, but it's worth it. Best in the city, if not the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sidd

malin182 wrote: »
    Does anyone know a decent barbers around Dorset st/Phibsboro/Drumcondra area? Not looking for anything too fancy, just going for the ol' blade back and sides with a trim on the top.

Sam's Barbers on the corner of Dorset St. And North Fredrick St.

Good spot, have been going there for years, also do a special on Monday/Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

The one in Grafton St above the Body Shop, just a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

malin182 wrote: »

City Barbers on Dorset street. €5 Mon-Wed and €10 on other days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭malin182

Thanks for the suggestions. Sidd, I tried Sams Barbers last time and have to say for what I paid for I dont think it was worth it, might have just been the time I went. I went around the corner to the small place on Fredrick street, near the key cutters, run by a couple of lads that might have been Turkish, got a great haircut for only €6! Would definitely recommend it for anyone not looking for anything fancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Sidd wrote: »
    Sam's Barbers on the corner of Dorset St. And North Fredrick St.

Good spot, have been going there for years, also do a special on Monday/Tuesday.
    I go to the one on the Quays instead because I'm on Abbey St. Have to say after moving to them from using Merchants and Grafton, I'm a lot happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Just for people's information, the SAMs barbers on Dorset street is completely separate and independent of other SAMs barbers. Absolutely nothing to do with the chain stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LacticAthlete

Dancor wrote: »
    Just for people's information, the SAMs barbers on Dorset street is completely separate and independent of other SAMs barbers. Absolutely nothing to do with the chain stores.

I know its a grave dig but just got charged 25 quid in this place as my hair was slightly long, im not talking in any way longer than coming slightly over my ears here and he decided to tell me this 90% of the way through the cut! Find out he has done the same to a few others at my work. Solid haircut but for 25 quid i'd expected much much more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

The Barber's Room on College Street is where I've been going for three years and I really like it.

+1 great place

Google "best barbers in Dublin" and it's the first shop mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 17,732 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I like Sam's Barbers on Dame Lane - opposite the Stag's Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Snako

The Waldorf Barbershop on Westmoreland Street,

think it's open something like 83 years now,

proper old school buzz,

you will be treated well,

not cheap though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I know its a grave dig but just got charged 25 quid in this place as my hair was slightly long, im not talking in any way longer than coming slightly over my ears here and he decided to tell me this 90% of the way through the cut! Find out he has done the same to a few others at my work. Solid haircut but for 25 quid i'd expected much much more.
    That's the price listed in the shop though, it's also online. :confused: I don't know why anyone would sit down for a haircut without having an idea of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I started going to the tiny 'Snug Barbers' in Ranelagh a year ago and I really love it. Great prices and the lady barber takes her time, does a great cut and makes the whole experience very enjoyable. They also regularly stay open to 7pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

ALis turkish barbers on aungier st for me. Used to go to grafton barber but its too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I second the Waldorf. And get a hot towel shave while you're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I go to the Grafton Barber - €9 before 12 for students. Usually very quick, unlike so many other barbers in Dublin - Knights comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I go to the Grafton Barber - €9 before 12 for students. Usually very quick, unlike so many other barbers in Dublin - Knights comes to mind.

9 all day for students in Drumcondra incase anyone is out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

I would not be going to The Grafton Barber for a quality haircut. Sams are rubbish aswel.

The Barber Rooms, Mexx, and The Butcher are the only places I'd recommend. If your going to The Barber Rooms ask for Keith.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Dillons near the Ha'penny Bridge. A fiver for a very good cut. Open 7 days a week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Anywhere in City Centre that opens late during the week?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kevin the Kid

Its very hard to find a barbers that don't just snap on a blade on a razor and just scalp the hell out of the back and sides of your head and then ask you if its short enough. I seem to drift in and out of Barbers around the center of the city and due to the heavy footfall they just don't give a s**t. All attitude in a lot of them. The odd one will give you a decent cut but most of the city center ones are always turning over staff and as soon as you find one you like they are gone.
    I really like Bedford Stuy in temple bar beside the central bank but the queue is usually out the door and the owner is a victim of his own success it would seem and doesn't seem to want to cut hair much anymore preferring now to have some trainees do the work.

Advertisement