Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pier fishing rigs

Options
  • 18-10-2012 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have started to fish off Cappa pier in Clare and was wondering what sort of rig should I be using to catch cod or whiting etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

wait for the winter to come, a simple 2 hook trace should do, its all about finding the channels, i wouldn't be by any means a experienced pier angler but from talking to people it seems to be all about finding the channels where the fish run, cod wont be around for another couple of weeks i would think!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

Hi all,
    i know nothing about fishing....so looking for recommendation as to what rod and reel to buy as present for 8 year old ? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

911sc wrote: »
    Hi all,
    i know nothing about fishing....so looking for recommendation as to what rod and reel to buy as present for 8 year old ? thanks

Where will he be fishing? Local river/lake or the sea?

SeaFields wrote: »

sea.

SeaFields wrote: »

sea, from pier or rocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I'd get a small set up like this.

If you went into a fishing tackle shop (you'll find a list of them in the sticky above) you'd pick one up and they would probably put together a little set for you too. I wouldn't spend too much just yet as he's new to it and rock fishing can be hard on the gear too so when he is able to handle the gear properly you can set him up with a more expensive set up.

Advertisement