Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How bad is the graffiti in Limerick city?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

What about advertising? Bunting for sports events? Music playing in shops, cafés and restaurants?

Rhetorical question, obviously. It's not intended that people be "subjected" to art. It's just another element in the street-scape that may or may not get people thinking.

Bunting can be taken down with no after effects 99.9% of the time. Music can be turned off or turned down or the channel changed.

If I had a house, and some mug decided he or she would like to express themselves on the gable end, then they'd be lucky to get away unharmed if caught. I know who Banksy is, and if he asked permission, I might let him do it, but he would have to ask permission. I don't get what "street artists" don't get about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

seachto7 wrote: »
    Bunting can be taken down with no after effects 99.9% of the time. Music can be turned off or turned down or the channel changed.

If I had a house, and some mug decided he or she would like to express themselves on the gable end, then they'd be lucky to get away unharmed if caught. I know who Banksy is, and if he asked permission, I might let him do it, but he would have to ask permission. I don't get what "street artists" don't get about that.

Ha ha if you had a Banksy at the side of your house you would be a very rich man/women and I believe ,not very much concerned about whether he asked permission or not

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

seachto7 wrote: »

Ha! Good luck asking the supermarket to turn off/down their bland covers of pop music! You can't ask Supermacs to change the station on their Bedford Row loud-speaker either. Noise pollution doesn't seem to get the same bad press as visual stuff, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I agree about the Supermacs stuff, but worst case (or best case!) it can be turned off. There are no after effects or stains on the wall, or machines required to paint over it or clean it off. The music just stops.

I don't have a problem with derelict buidings getting a graffiti makeover as long as it's well done which is in evidence around the town, but I'd be well pi55ed off if some pr1ck tagged himself on the wall of my house. I'd tag a harsh word off him as an expression of my street art...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Ha! Good luck asking the supermarket to turn off/down their bland covers of pop music! You can't ask Supermacs to change the station on their Bedford Row loud-speaker either. Noise pollution doesn't seem to get the same bad press as visual stuff, I suppose.

they were blasting some cheryl crow today.... :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement