Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dismissed....for now?

• 18-10-2012 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Folks,

I received a summons 2 weeks ago (no car tax). It had been hand delivered to my present address,labelled with my old address. I don't know who delivered it as there was nobody home at the time. It may have been my local guards or my old landlord (who I now live across the road from).

I went to court yesterday and met with the guard who orginally stopped me. I explained to him that I hadn't paid the fine, because it had gone to my old address. I showed him my new driving licence (which shows my current address-once I got summons I immediately updated my licence) and my updated/backdated tax details. He was under pressure, and kept saying 'whats your name again?, why did I stop you? etc....'

Anyway the time comes for him to be called up to present his cases...I waited and waited and I was never called.

He came over to me and asked me again about the summons. Was it hand delivered, was there a sig on it etc...now in my haste to get out the door yesterday morning I had forgotten to bring the summons:confused:

Anyway he said 'look you are not on the register today, whichever garda delivered that summons, they never registered it in court'. I asked him what does that mean, and he said 'dismissed-thanks for coming, sorry about that, now go home'....

I'm just wondering now does that mean the 'case' is gone forever or am I still liable for the original fine (which I've never seen)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,712 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

They can summons you a second time, and this time do it properly. But they quite possibly won't.

I don't think the guard is right to say that the case has been dismissed. More probably it was never listed, which means there hasn't been a trial, which means there could still be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You should also reregister you car to your current address, this is most likely what was used to find out where you live.

Advertisement