Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice please

• 18-10-2012 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

The only reason im asking this here is because i cant ask the Social welfare.I will put a long story short.
    so few weeks ago i finishd my fas course.i moved back home with my mum.i cudnt find a job so i said i will go on the dole for few weeks untill i find something.went to get the forms and the lady in the office told me that i need a note from mum that im living with her and rent reciepts.Thats where the problem is.She cant get rent reciepts because her landlady is on the social herself and cant give any rent reciepts.Is there anything else i could do?i obviesly cant go to the office and tell them that because it would get her into trouble...
    please help...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Com1186

There are so many things one could reply....... but i am not going to!
    Your looking for advice from people on the emrgency services forum and you are admitting to at least two cases of fraud.... mods please delete , close or move off this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xhellotherex

i didnt know where to post this as im new here.sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Com1186

Your obviously trying to claim rent allowance if she is looking for receipts....if you aint renting then you aint entitled to rent allowance....again very careful what you asking advice about because trying to get rent allowance fraudulently is illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xhellotherex

no i dont want rent allowance.Its for the job seekers allowance.but they still want to see rent reciepts.the land lady told me to go and find a job or get a way around it because shes not giving me rent recoepts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

If she isn't giving you rent receipts you don't need to give her rent. Go to citizens advice bureau.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Wow, well firstly your 'landlady' is operating illegally.

Secondly, your posting in the ES forum looking for advise to get around your landlady avoiding tax/declaring this income. This really isn't the forum to ask in.

How about you try this with her, tell her if she dose not give you the form, you'll give the social a ring about her undeclared rent income on the house your living in, she might change her tune then.

Here's a link ; https://www.welfare.ie/EN/Secure/Pages/ReportSuspectFraud.aspx

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Wrong forum I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Does your mother have a rent book or even bank statements showing bank transfers...

If you said you are paying rent the welfare are looking for proof if this, if you don't pay rent but your mother does then you don't need rental proof but would still need proof you live there, a bank statement should be fine

What you mothers outgoings are, are none of your nor the welfares business , you are looking for assistance for you and you alone as an independent adult who is not a dependant of their mother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

edellc wrote: »
    What you mothers outgoings are, are none of your nor the welfares business , you are looking for assistance for you and you alone as an independent adult who is not a dependant of their mother

That depends on OPs age, and if under 24, the mothers means are welfares business.

Get a letter from your mam confirming that you are living with her since whatever date you moved on, and that you're not contributing to the household outgoings. Make sure your mam's address is written clearly on this letter. Get another letter confirming your previous address.

Bring the letters, along with an Electricity Bill and some other bill (SKY, UPC etc..) to Social Welfare. That ought to be enough for you to get your JS. If the issue of receipts comes up again, tell the Officer that your mam doesn't want you in her business and will not provide them as she is a private person.

Your mam is in a precarious position if the landlady isn't giving receipts. Does your mam have a lease? Is she in receipt of rent supplement? These would have a bearing on your application.

It does sound like the landlady is acting illegally, perhaps naively. There are many people in similar situations. As long as the rent is less than the mortgage she wouldn't be penalised and could be deemed legitimate if she wanted to regularise the situation. It's fraudulent if she doesn't declare it all.

The tenancy should be registered with the PRTB for a variety of resons, including security of tenure.

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement