Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing Flats?

Options
  • 18-10-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Never owned a pair of racing flats but have been advised by a few people that I should invest in a pair as they could be worth up to 5secs a mile in some cases.

Have been wearing Asics GT series since I started running 6 years ago and very happy with them as I like the support/stability, now on my 2nd pair of GT2170. I do overpronate slightly.

What are peoples thoughts on racing flats, any idea what I should go for. I could just walk into a running shop and ask but im to lazy to do that just yet.:)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Having worn out two pairs of GT-2170's so far this year AKwest advised me to try a pair of mizuno wave elixir 7. I did. They are great and are much lighter shoe but I only do short runs in them and will break them proper after DCM with slow running as they give my feet a bit of a pounding but they are much much lighter and I am much faster in them for the same effort. Would love to wear them for a marathon but I think it would take a while to get used to. I went from GT-2170's to mizuno inspire 8 which i got two pairs of also before I tried the new ones, am trying to reduce weight and drop gradually rather than drastically. Hope this helps. I must say that talking to "knowledgeable" staff is the newer cork shoe shop that are good runners looked at me like I had two heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Hello

I asked this question recently and got loads of replies:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79450364

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Hello

I asked this question recently and got loads of replies:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79450364

Thanks HelenAnne,

Plenty of info on there.

Mods feel free to delete my thread.