Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike test

• 18-10-2012 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Just a few questions lads,I'm doing my bike test next week & I've done a few lessons & have a pre-test lesson same day of test.I've been biking about 3 years now so feel confident with the practical side,(bad habits & all).I've a full car licence for years aswell.I have a rules of the road book to brush up on the basics.Just wondering what type of Bike specific questions the examiner will ask me before I take to the road,all help appreciated,cheers.

Comments

He asked me how to check oil and I think that was it,
    I hear they can ask about tire pressure and chain slack.

He will ask you the usual road signs questions too and breaking distances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Ask your instructor on the pre test. They will know what each centre asks. I'd brush up on my daily checks before the test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Asked me how to check oil. Check tyre pressure and cant remember what else. Its all completely simple what he asks anyways. The chap will tell you on the pre test anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

I did my test yesterday, got asked how would I check the brake fluid levels and the oil level, and also what the minimum tyre thread depth was. He also asked me to demonstrate hand signals for turning left, right, and for slowing down/stopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

I did my test end of August - I got asked how do you check your brake fluid- I hadn't a clue, also how to check oil.
    What do you look out for checking your tyres- thread depth and nearly forgot Tyre pressure.
    Go onto one of the driving schools and do all the tests over and over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Aswell as the above he could ask you how to turn on the reserve (if you bike is old enough, mine wasnt its all digital) he also asked me what P.O.W.D.E.R was....all simple things but you really dont wanna be losing points or the simple things before getting out the gate.

Advertisement