Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350N - Call Alarm Company Co. 50

Options
  • 18-10-2012 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Have changed the battery in the alarm cabinet to get rid of the low battery message on the panel. When I try to set the alarm now it is display the message "Call Alarm Company Co. 50". I didn't do anything to the fuse box when I was replacing the battery so possibly this is where I made a mistake? Any one have any ideas on how to fix this?

Appreciate any help.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You'll need the engineer code to reset it. It's a thing called tamper reset and it's triggered when a tamper has been generated on the system. I don't use it myself but know many who do.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Enter you user code & go to Arm Menu , press accept
    Press arrow down until you come to clear reset & press accept
    the number 50 will show on the left hand side of the screen
    enter the code I PMed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

I went up to the apartment earlier tonight but when I got there the error code being displayed was now Co. 75(not sure if I originally noted the wrong code). I tried resetting the battery and now the error code has changed to Co. 56. Any idea on how to clear these?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Close up the panel & leave everything ready to go . Then let me know the error code.
    The ideal solution is to get this panel reset & this removed.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Close up the panel & leave everything ready to go . Then let me know the error code.
    The ideal solution is to get this panel reset & this removed.

Error code being displayed when I left it was 56.

Is it an easy job to reset the panel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Lister1 wrote: »
    Is it an easy job to reset the panel?

If the installer has the tamper reset enabled then it is more than likely engineer locked. You would need an engineer to reset the system if this is the case.

@ Lister .
    Sent you a PM.

@KoolKid I tried entering the code you sent me in a PM but it didn't seem to do anything but I am not sure if I am entering it at the correct place.

An update on what I am seeing.....

1. If I press 0 it clears the error code and displays the time and date.

2. If I try to set the alarm it tries to do so but then shows the error code "Call Alarm Co. 50" error.

3. I tried entering the code you pmed me at this stage but nothing happens to the display.

Am I entering the code correctly or is there another step that I am missing?

Appreciate the help you have given me so far.

Regards
    Lister

the number will show on the left hand side of the screen

KoolKid wrote: »
    the number will show on the left hand side of the screen

Can you elaborate on how I "Go to Arm Menu". From what I can recall from earlier after I enter my user code it attempts to set the alarm which then throws up the errors message again. I'm not sure how I can get to the Arms Menu as this error message seems to be blocking me.

• Advertisement

If the system is going directly to arm when you enter your code then you do not have the correct privileges assigned to your code. (Another reason to get this reprogrammed) If that's the case you will need to get either the existing engineer code or get the system defaulted.
    There is one small hope , there is an option for a fail to communicate to clear this reset. Try connect a length of cable from terminal 3 ( negative) to 20 (FTC Fail to communicate) .
    Failing that its back to the above options. If you want to PM me the installation company I'll see if I can get you the engineer code.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭homer911

Yeah, I know this is an old thread, but once again, Boards to the rescue in helping me sort out a similar problem!

I've saved a lot of money over the years with the great advice and assistance on this site

Advertisement