Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Bin

Options
  • 18-10-2012 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Big Bin http://www.bigbin.ie/

Anyone use these and how did ye find them.

2 x 80L bags allowed.

Is the compartment where you stuff the bags in only about the
    same size as the clothes banks or is it a bit bigger.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Big Bin http://www.bigbin.ie/

Anyone use these and how did ye find them.

2 x 80L bags allowed.

Is the compartment where you stuff the bags in only about the
    same size as the clothes banks or is it a bit bigger.

I've used them and they're great... when they work. There are two companies that have them in Waterford, 'Big Bin' and the name of the other company escapes me. The second company has one in the petrol station next to the Hyper and it's always breaking down. They fit 2 decent size bags but people being people they are always trying to stuff bags in that are too big and it clogs the whole thing up. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 35 strokle

I get three black bags into the bins every time no hassle. Good value for €6

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I use the Big Bin by the petrol station in Ferrybank, 2x80L for €5. And, it takes literally anything, i've gotten rid of crockery, old pots, domestic waste, grass cuttings, everything! The compartment will comfortably fit the 2 80L bags, and a bit more, but as Jason said above don't try and force too much in as it will clog the machine.

Also, never had any problems with it breaking down, and i'm using it over a year at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I beg to differ I used the one at the old Esso station on the Cork road. The big bin isn't that big, if you are going to get two black bags in for a fiver one of them can only be half full at most.

mike65 wrote: »
    I beg to differ I used the one at the old Esso station on the Cork road. The big bin isn't that big, if you are going to get two black bags in for a fiver one of them can only be half full at most.

I was talking to the lad who managed that one, as i used to use that one before moving to Ferrybank (which means i must be using it nearly 3 years at this stage!), but at that time it was an 80l & 50l for €4.50. So, he must have upped the price and volume but not the size of the scoop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I see today that the one in the garage beside the hypercentre now says.

2 x 90L bags €5 every little helps:)

might go this route when my oxigen a/c is up at end of year or is it march, not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Dont think I could handle black bags full of nappies in the car!

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Dont think I could handle black bags full of nappies in the car!

There ain't no nappies in mine, but i'll use an example of raw chicken. It does stink, especially if it's the first thing in the bag and you've to wait for that bag and another to fill before getting rid of it (include the fact i live by myself and it can take a while).

But, it's not very far and having all the windows open helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

There ain't no nappies in mine, but i'll use an example of raw chicken. It does stink, especially if it's the first thing in the bag and you've to wait for that bag and another to fill before getting rid of it (include the fact i live by myself and it can take a while).

But, it's not very far and having all the windows open helps.

boil the kettle and pour it over the chicken and leave it for a while and it should stop the smell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

takes a bag and a half at most, you get 30 secs to put them in before it closes on auto, bring a hurley to push the bags into it dont put your hands anywhere near it ...

• Advertisement

south wrote: »
    boil the kettle and pour it over the chicken and leave it for a while and it should stop the smell

Going to sound a bit stupid here, but is that before throwing it in the bin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wrap all foods in several layers of newspaper. Works a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

If you have a car ,I'd check out Greenstar out on the 6 cross roads. For 6 euro you should be able to get about 4 or 5 bags of normal household waste,but it is dependant on weight. Moved a while back and there were about 10 bags of rubbish left in a shed.Got rid of the lot of it for a tenner. If we had to use the bags you buy in the shop(county collection), would have been close to 80 quid, and that's if we could have fitted the rubbish into the tiny flimsy bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Double up on the bags and squash them in. Nothing worse when the bag bursts open and door closes. Another fiver and picking up filth off the ground.

Advertisement