Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Stock Casting

Options
  • 18-10-2012 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi lads, can anyone recommend a good gun smith who can change the cast of a gun stock in an old side by side without cracking it:rolleyes:.. I know theres a few lads doing them in the wexford area but i was hoping to get someone in or around the Connacht area..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jaksnipe

sniper83 wrote: »
    Hi lads, can anyone recommend a good gun smith who can change the cast of a gun stock in an old side by side without cracking it:rolleyes:.. I know theres a few lads doing them in the wexford area but i was hoping to get someone in or around the Connacht area..
    pat sluds. wexford. worth the travel, cant recomend him enough. if you call to him he has a measuring gun to fit you. then he can prob post the timber back to you. i posted him a stock to get an adjustable comb fitted. got it back in 5 days. flawless work. easy man to pay too!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭sniper83

ya i spoke with pat, he doesnt do casting or bending of stocks and i dont want an adjustable comb so il have to look elsewhere..

did anybody ever use walter blacklaw for stock alterations??

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

Peter McGee in Newport Co.Mayo may do it for you. ph. 098 41785 or 086 2521974

To do the job properly you should first be taken to shoot at a pattern plate. If your gun mounting is up to scratch it can be determined how much cast on or cast off is required for you and if the comb height requires adjusting.

Casting the stock is a relatively simple job if you are charged more than 50 Euros tops you are being fleeced IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

Walter was trained by elderkins of lincolnshire and previously completed an in-house training course under Carl beeman , head gunsmith of browning arms uk. Walt is fully authorised to undertake all European service work on browning products and warranties , on there behalf .

you should give Walt a buzz and have a chat , if he is too busy him self im sure he could send you in the right direction .

086 3719609

Walter was trained by elderkins of lincolnshire and previously completed an in-house training course under Carl beeman , head gunsmith of browning arms uk. Walt is fully authorised to undertake all European service work on browning products and warranties , on there behalf .

you should give Walt a buzz and have a chat , if he is too busy him self im sure he could send you in the right direction .

086 3719609

Phoned him last night, he seems like a sound bloke and have heard he does a good job so im going to get him to do it! charges a lot more than 50 euro tho but anyone i priced was in or around the same..:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

Phoned him last night, he seems like a sound bloke and have heard he does a good job so im going to get him to do it! charges a lot more than 50 euro tho but anyone i priced was in or around the same..:(

If it ain,t a big secret how much are you being charged for casting the stock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ace86

jeffers sport in bandon does it as well i got him to do it for me it cost me €120

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Walter is sound as a pound. You won't go wrong with him.

He charges 130 for casting the stock left or right, if it has to be raised or lowered or the toe or heal of the gun has to be altered thats extra..

Advertisement