Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your costs keeping a dog each year

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭bonkers

ok on insurance is it worth it for a dog aged about 5 with pre existing conditions likes broken clavicle, plenty skin issues because of allergies(just moved to raw dogfirst diet after returning to ireland(no kangaroo based foods here) - called petinsure and it seemed like it was just major accident that they will cover for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

maggiepip wrote: »
    They only wont cover if the dog gets one of the diseases the vaccinations protect against. Will still cover everything else though -

Nope, my dog had splenic hemangiosarcoma and there was still a quibble because she didn't have a full vaccination history with my current vet - had to get vaccination records from my previous vet, too. If I hadn't provided the vaccination paperwork specifically - no dice.

The two major pet insurers in the Irish market both have this requirement in the small print.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Have been afraid to do this but here goes ;)

Lexi - Staffy cross
    Food 440 (Raw)
    Insurance 216
    Vacination 50
    Kennels 300
    Worm & Flea Treatment 85
    Total 1091

Ozzie & Tilly - Yorkies
    Food 200 (Barking Heads)
    Insurance 456
    Vacination 100
    Worm & Flea Treatment 70
    Total 826

Also got the two small ones teeth cleaned last month that cost 200. Ozzies was done when he was neutered three years ago too.
    Neutering two small ones was 110(male) and 120 (female) Lexi was neutered through the rescue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Thing is you'd go to the agriculture co-op to buy a bale of hay for €5 for a cow but you couldn't buy that amount of hay for a guinea pig and it still be in any way fresh so the pet shop charges €3 or something for a small bag
    Is it haylage you're talking about? Hay will always stay fresh as it is dried grass ;)

Advertisement