Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 18-10-2012 1:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

If I'm logged out of Boards, whenever I go to log in again it automatically reverts back to the logged out format.

I have to re enter my username and password a second time before I can get in.

Just wondering why this is the case ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Same goes for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Clear the cache and cookies for boards.ie and then try.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Happening me as well. AND, I know this is not of groundbreaking importance, but I can't see anyone's avatars and I am not sure why :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Merkin wrote: »
    Happening me as well. AND, I know this is not of groundbreaking importance, but I can't see anyone's avatars and I am not sure why :confused:

Do you have them turned on?

Spear wrote: »
    Do you have them turned on?

Oh God I'm sensing a cringe moment. How do you turn them on? :o

• Advertisement

Oh God I'm sensing a cringe moment. How do you turn them on? :o

User CP -> edit options -> visible elements.

User CP -> edit options -> visible elements.

I'll get my coat :o Thanks a mill! x

I'll get my coat :o Thanks a mill! x

They're off by default for new users, and have been for many years. Last I recall it's only something like 3% that have sigs and avatars turned on.

They're off by default for new users, and have been for many years. Last I recall it's only something like 3% that have sigs and avatars turned on.

Hmm, nice to have them on so I can see if I'm talking to a fellow furry or whatever - normally gives a little insight into the poster methinks!

So I spent ages doing a sig for only 3% of people to see?

Ho-hum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Lapin wrote: »
    If I'm logged out of Boards, whenever I go to log in again it automatically reverts back to the logged out format.

I have to re enter my username and password a second time before I can get in.

Just wondering why this is the case ?

Can you go here and copy and paste what see into this thread. You should leave out the IP address unless you want to make that public.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

thanks, same here

sorry to post this here but I am having difficulty starting and replying to threads (both last night and again this morning)

I cant pm or leave visitor messages and if I try to use the reply function/quote someones post to reply I get a message that tells me my message is too short

the only way i can reply is on a pre-existing thread, using the quick reply function

can anyone suggest a solution please?

In experimenting a bit, it seems teh symptoms are

I can reply to a pm, but it arrives blank
    I cannot originate/compose a pm, teh title goes in, and I can type my message, but when I press send it tells me I need to complete both those boxes and the message box is now blank

I have deleted my cookies and its no better

also I just tried to edit the two mistakes above re the word "the" and although it says I edited it, it hasnt made the changes

its all pointing to my message box having a problem accepting what Im typing

quick reply works here but the post reply button doesnt, I get the message too short message

I should add I can see other peoples messages to me in pms but all they get from me is blanks

I have now realised that this should be reported as a bug in the Site development section, but I cant start a thread about it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭Hope O_o

BB - can I help with that?

Thanks Hope

I am not certain, but I think it might be better suited to the Help Desk, but as I say I cant seem to start a thread there

• Advertisement

Will post your quotes from this thread to the Help Desk, if that's okay.

Thanks, I will then try and reply on that thread

Hope it gets resolved for you BB.

Thanks Hope, unfortunately because there is no "quick reply" function in the Help Desk I cannot reply on that thread,. I just get the message too short, please increase it to at least one character message again:(

thanks for trying though

perhaps I missed the quick reply function over there, but its there now, although it has to be moderated

I'll leave it here for now and hope someone can help

I see....wish there was something more I could do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I've got the exact same problem as BBDBB above. Since last night.

Lapin, what browser are you using?

Advertisement