Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Web Design software

• 18-10-2012 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

What is the best web design software. I am currently using Dreamweaver but find it demonstratively complicated.

Yes, I do know how to use the basics, but this is aimed for the professional web designers.

I would prefer ones that are compatible with all browsers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Notepad ++ :D all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

nucker wrote: »
    Yes, I do know how to use the basics, but this is aimed for the professional web designers.

It really isn't. The likes of Sublime is aimed at professionals and people who actually code. Dreamweaver is drag and drop software that anyone can use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

smash wrote: »
    It really isn't. The likes of Sublime is aimed at professionals and people who actually code. Dreamweaver is drag and drop software that anyone can use.

What he said ^^^

Link for Sublime Text 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

Actually I think I am getting better at using Dreamweaver :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

Meh, almost finished my first website, and I've not used a web designer, the only thing that is messing things up is the jquery/css scrollbar....sucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Coda 2 for Mac is pretty excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I've always been a die-hard Coda and Coda 2 fan (actually what made me first switch to OS X originally), but right now, for me, it's kind of tied between ST2 & Coda 2. The built-in FTP in Coda is hard to beat though..

Advertisement