Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs With Real Ale

Options
  • 18-10-2012 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

Is Carpe Diem the only pub in Carlow that serves real ale (as opposed to alcoholic water like Guinness or Smithwicks)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭nomunnnofun

Now now Taff.

There is a reason Mr Arthur ( May he rest in peace ) has a day of his own here in Ireland.;)

I think the courthouse hotel might have a few other ales. They certainly used to have the Carlow brands and Kilkenny there. Haven't been for a while though.:( Don't think you will find any Brains over here though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Gastro Pub have O Hara's ale on draught (possibly have the other Carlow brews on bottle).
    Irishmans have 4 Carlow brews on bottle, and Carpe Diem as you say has them too (as well as the pale ale on tap).
    There are probably a few more bars who serve them now.
    I saw an O Hara's label on the Teách Dolman door so they possibly do to.
    The Theatre sell the bottles too.
    Deanoz have a world beers range (not great but better than the usual).
    The tapas bar have a nice selection of beers too.

It's slowly getting better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Taffy Kat wrote: »
    Is Carpe Diem the only pub in Carlow that serves real ale (as opposed to alcoholic water like Guinness or Smithwicks)?

Ah now taffy, dont be dissing our national beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Now now Taff.

There is a reason Mr Arthur ( May he rest in peace ) has a day of his own here in Ireland.;)

I think the courthouse hotel might have a few other ales. They certainly used to have the Carlow brands and Kilkenny there. Haven't been for a while though.:( Don't think you will find any Brains over here though!!

No they do not. deffo used to have kilkenny but don't know about the carlow brands.

Advertisement