Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiced cider recipe wanted

Options
  • 18-10-2012 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have one that they've tried? Looking for something with a hint of apple-pie-ness to it but not too much cinnamon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

The one I did for the summer this year came out well daycent so it did.. it was actually in another cider thread you started!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77129185&postcount=31

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Nice one. Where did you get those mulled spice bags? Are they predominantly a cinnamon flavour? (that's mostly what I'm after tbh).

Got em in Eurospar. Any supermarket should have em really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

You can get little cartons of mulled spices at this time of year in most supermarkets and off-licenses

Well Khannie are you going to make it or wha'???

• Advertisement

Sky King wrote: »
    Well Khannie are you going to make it or wha'???

Hahaha. :D Yes, but after pay day. I'm wearing a lovely sporting injury at the moment which has resulted in limited mobility until probably the weekend too, though I may finally get around to bottling my elderflower champagne if it isn't destroyed from being in primary this long.

So I found some of those mulled spice bags in the supermarket yesterday. Didn't get them tbh because there was no cinnamon listed in the ingredients list. Think I'll dig around a bit more on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Could you not buy some cinnamon sticks and just crush them up? Or buy a tub of ground cinnamon? Widely available in the bakery section of supermarkets.

Ground cinnamon is supposed to be the devils work for cider. I did quite a bit of searching on lunch break and found this which urges a cinnamon / taste / cinnamon type approach. Seems sensible. Will probably add some whole nutmeg too.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gazahayes

I tried this one a while ago fairly strong kick off it not overly strong cinamon flavour either tho. Its down as a holiday cider.

http://youtu.be/xJfrXcHz58k

• Advertisement
Advertisement