Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moss,lichen,algae remover for roof

• 18-10-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi,

As thread title states looking for something to remove these from my roof..I found this product

http://www.sprayandforget.com/products.shtml

The roof cleaner one...
    However they won't ship to Ireland and can't seem to find any similar products -

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I heard that a copper strip along the ridge stops that from ever growing and kills whats there.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭framework123

gsxr1 wrote: »
    I heard that a copper strip along the ridge stops that from ever growing and kills whats there.

Thanks,
    It would be difficult to put copper strips along all the ridges as there are a few a d getting up there is hard...ideally I want something I can spray from a distance with..

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭framework123

Any1 got any other ideas???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭deandean

Algae, I wouldn't worry about. It adds character.

Moss can grow large however & can block gutters.

My last house was old, I had a lot of moss on the roof tiles, some clumps were the size of a golf ball.

I got two 5 metre lengths of 50 x 50mm timber and screwed the head of a yard brush onto the top. Then I brushed all the moss off the roof from the ground.

This system worked very well although it was hard work - I did it in 10-minute stints. Most of the moss dislodged will end up in the gutters, so clean the gutters at the end.

Whatever ya do, don't let anyone up there with a pressure washer!

Advertisement