Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

150e fine !!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Do u really think that,
    I was o ly there so my mother wouldn't have to walk,and remember she was only there in the first place because she is not in good health,
    ok i did wrong but come on surely u understand why i parked there,

Your mother wouldn't have had to walk if you'd parked legally somewhere and gone to get the gloves, she was staying in the car anyway, wasn't she? So stop using your sick mother as an excuse and put her in a home like you were already told.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I did mention that, the car park was full and no other car park for a could 10 minute walk,

You said it was in a housing estate. You couldn't find a spot to park in a housing estate that wasn't on double yellow lines?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

I just got a 150euro fine in the door for parking on double yellow lines !!!!!!
    Last week i was drove my mother to the local GP, stuck the Hazard lights on,left her in the car jumped out ran in collected her gloves she left there and ran back out into the car and drove off,
    Now i get this fine in the door for been parked on the double yellow lines, they never put anything on my window or anything,
    150 is a crazy amount for literally 1 minute !!!!!!!!!
    Rant over,
    Serves you right, you parked illegally and now you get to pay the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    A single yellow line means no parking at all./QUOTE]

No, it doesn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Jumpaddict

Do u really think that,
    I was o ly there so my mother wouldn't have to walk,and remember she was only there in the first place because she is not in good health,

Lets look at facts:

Parked on double yellow line
    Happens to be outside a GP office
    Has hazard lights on(talk about highlighting your traffic offense!)

Take away any 'emotional' involvement, all those facts point to a fine for illegal parking. No ifs, buts or maybe's, mothers, crying babies, yelping dogs, you were parked illegally. Size of fine may be an issue but its not the main issue with regards to the offense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Surely they should provide you with evidence?

What's to stop them from flinging out fines willy-nilly if they don't have to abide by the burden of proof thing?

Ask for evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Ah I think it's very harsh.
    Few years ago I got a ticket for parking somewhere I shouldn't, and it was only €40.

At the moment, I have a fine for non display of tax.
    I ignored it because I thought it was bullsh1t.
    - When a guard stops you and you don't have your tax disc or whatever in the slot, you have 10 days to produce it, so I assumed it was just some rubbish the council came up with to get money out of people, but that it didn't stand.
    Then the other day, I get a letter from a solicitor telling me I have such and such amount of days to pay or I'm going to court.
    Haven't paid it yet, but I guess I have to :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I might have had some sympathy for you if you'd said the nearest parking spot was in the next town but it was only ten minutes away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Everyone seems to think ishould not have stopped fair enough ,im sure no one here has ever done anything wrong before,
    But do you think it warents the 150 euro fine ?
    As i said id understand 40euro but 150 euro is it that bad a crime ?

Were you blocking the doctors driveway, so they couldn't get their car out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Last week i was drove my mother to the local GP, stuck the Hazard lights on,left her in the car jumped out ran in collected her gloves she left there and ran back out into the car and drove off,
    Now i get this fine in the door for been parked on the double yellow lines, they never put anything on my window or anything,
    Rant over,

Sorry if this has already been asked -

Did your mother spot anything while sitting in the car? Did she see the guards stop, get out and take down your reg at least??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Few years ago I got a ticket for parking somewhere I shouldn't, and it was only €40.

- When a guard stops you and you don't have your tax disc or whatever in the slot, you have 10 days to produce it, so I assumed it was just some rubbish the council came up with to get money out of people, but that it didn't stand.
    Then the other day, I get a letter from a solicitor telling me I have such and such amount of days to pay or I'm going to court.

Ten days to produce insurance and drivers licence, tax is on the spot fine.

OP, when did you get the original fine ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Were you blocking the doctors driveway, so they couldn't get their car out?

No i was to the right of the drive way,
    Guess it'll teach me, but god its annoying, i wouldn;t complain for speeding or anything like that,just think the fine is harsh,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Oh yeah, and don't expect any sympathy on boards. Full of goody-two-shoes keyboard warriors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Yawns wrote: »
    As the OP says it was a local council so could be a traffic warden and a bit weird it's €150 and no notice on car at all...

The warden was probably still in the process of writing the ticket.

Ardent wrote: »
    Oh yeah, and don't expect any sympathy on boards. Full of goody-two-shoes keyboard warriors!

Which bracket do you fall into?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,871 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Who've never broken a law/rule in their life.

We've all done something in the past...parked on a double yellow, crept over the speed limit, didn't pay tv licence on time etc.

You'd swear to Jesus that the majority of ones on here are clergy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Do u really think that,

I honestly do, it's not unusual to see ambulances pulled up outside doctors and I think that the area outside them should be kept clear.

Maybe the fine is so hefty because of the potential trouble it could cause?

mfceiling wrote: »
    Who've never broken a law/rule in their life.

We've all done something in the past...parked on a double yellow, crept over the speed limit, didn't pay tv licence on time etc.

You'd swear to Jesus that the majority of ones on here are clergy.

Who said this? I've searched the thread and haven't found any mention of it....

So someone offers the opinion that its right that the OP got fined for parking illegally, this makes them 'dogooders' and 'clergy'(an unfortunate analogy if I do say so)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Whispered wrote: »
    I honestly do, it's not unusual to see ambulances pulled up outside doctors and I think that the area outside them should be kept clear.

Maybe the fine is so hefty because of the potential trouble it could cause?

It's a fixed charge of €40 increasing to €60 after twenty eight days, I dunno where the 150 has come from unless it is not double yellow offence and there is an admin charge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

It's a fixed charge of €40 increasing to €60 after twenty eight days, I dunno where the 150 has come from unless it is not double yellow offence and there is an admin charge.

Could it be a private operator controlling the surgery car park & the OP has been nabbed by cctv?

OP, giz a look-see on Street View and let your public decide :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

OP if it's the local council appeal it and see what evidence they have. If it was guards it'd be a fixed point fine like €60 or so. Best to pay that rather than appeal. If it's private company then ignore, they have no powers to issue fines. If you get clamped and it's not by the local authority or on behalf of them, cut it off.

In future tho don't park like a ****tard just because it seems every other Irish driver does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

i got clamped once becasue the residents parking disk i had displayed ( the kind you scrape with a coin ) had a FRACTION on the last year and the correct year scraped !!!!!

the hour was right , the day the month and the year - but the coin also took SOME of the last year out , but it would have been clear to a idiot that it was not on purpose - what benefit would i have for making it in the past ????

rang the clamping company and they sent 2 knuckle dragging gombeens to release my car , it was the same guys who clamped it in the first place

i showed him the valid ticked and he said with a straight face " you could have kept the ticket from last year and used it again now " :eek::eek::eek:

this guy was taking the micheal no end - i tried to talk to him but he was having none of it - his commission must come first

this is akin to being mugged - and if you say ANYTHING to them that they perceive as a "threat" they ring the cops - you do not have a leg to stand on with these ****ers

and they wonder why people hit them in the head with tyre irons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Rant over,
    I still think its extremly harsh, i also convineced the ticket guy would have seen me exit and enter the car it was about 30 to 40 seconds i was gone maybe less,
    I know i did worng but come on 150 euro,
    I wasn't aware literal minutes differed in duration to the standard minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Rant over,

challenge it and see if they have any proof that you parked there,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Rant over,

Could have been worse. You could have been shot & killed for no reason.

• Advertisement

tdv123 wrote: »
    Could have been worse. You could have been shot & killed for no reason.

...hmmm *clicks Unfollow Thread* and runs.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

spoofilyj wrote: »
    Double yellow lines are not for parking on ever

Except on a Sunday....at a GAA match....then it's cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Where did you get that little tidbit of bull****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

- When a guard stops you and you don't have your tax disc or whatever in the slot, you have 10 days to produce it, :(

Just to point out a Garda has no legal power to make a demand for production of tax within ten days. It was more like you were given a chance by the Garda to get it taken care of rather than issue a fixed penalty fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Really? Never been in someones car and they hop to the atm or drop a letter in a post box?

What? No, of course not. Why would you do that? Most petrol stations have ATMs and ample parking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Everyone seems to think ishould not have stopped fair enough ,im sure no one here has ever done anything wrong before,
    But do you think it warents the 150 euro fine ?
    As i said id understand 40euro but 150 euro is it that bad a crime ?

I certainly have done things wrong.
    But I've yet to go online and open a thread complaining that I was caught and have to face consequences.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Rant over,

Was the fine for parking on double lines or parking where there was a sign indicating "no parking"?
    If it was for double yellow lines were the lines beside a footpath?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I'm confused?

Your ma had a crap in a pair of gloves in your Doctor neighbours garden while your hazards were on a double yellow dog in a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭otto_26

I know im not suppose to park there, but 150 euro seems crazy, that would feed my family for a week !!!!!!!!
    Sucks when your just trying to do a nice deed,
    Also why didn't they put a ticket on the car,

F that!! Write back and thank them for their charge, but that you were not parked but broken down, the car over heated and you needed to fill it with water! let them prove otherwise 150 euro saved!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

otto_26 wrote: »
    F that!! Write back and thank them for their charge, but that you were not parked but broken down, the car over heated and you needed to fill it with water! let them prove otherwise 150 euro saved!!
    Irish-ism #1 - park on double yellow, hazards flashing.
    Irish-ism #2 - when caught, try to lie your way out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Ten days to produce insurance and drivers licence, tax is on the spot fine.
    TheNog wrote: »
    Just to point out a Garda has no legal power to make a demand for production of tax within ten days. It was more like you were given a chance by the Garda to get it taken care of rather than issue a fixed penalty fine.

Oh, okay :(
    Guess there's no point in me appealing it then.
    I'll pay it tomorrow so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Also one or two who have received fines, paid them, and got on with life? I've been caught several times for fairly innocuous offences. My first reaction was never to whine about it. One I felt was questionable, so I questioned it with the issuing authority. It was overturned. Boards never heard about it.

Op has also identified themselves as a magic blinky light merchant. That's never good...

Rant over,
    http://www.dublincity.ie/RoadsandTraffic/Parking/pages/wheretopark.aspx#double

Double Yellow Lines

No parking on a double-yellow line at any time.

Exceptions

You can park on a double yellow line for a maximum of 30 minutes while actively loading or unloading a vehicle.

Next time OP open the boot, and make your mother wait at the boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

[-0-] wrote: »
    I think you should be fined an additional 150 euro from boards.ie for using too many exclamation marks, and for using a lowercase 'e' to signify Euro.
    And using "literally".
    You avoided "said" which was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

I got clamped outside the maternity hospital the day i was bringing my son home

thats a little less money in your sons trust fund so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Mikros wrote: »
    Story makes no sense - there are no fixed charge fines for parking set at €150. Parking on double yellow lines is a €40 fine.

What is written on the notice you received?

http://www.transport.ie/upload/general/7424-1.pdf

Bollix. See here was me and the sergeant having a cup of tae and he was complaining how he has fck all cash left at the end of the week, and what with the mortgage and his missus complaining to the Irish Times and all. So, I sez, shure there's no end of feckers out there we could be fining. A few bob on top, and that's the mortgage paid on the aul'rental student gaff and a fair whack off the semi. Might even get a new flat screen, the 42" is shite these days.

Woulda gotten away with it too, if it weren't for ye meddling kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Where's the photograph of the fine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I got a €150 fine last year for leaving a 6 pack holder on top of a recycling bin accidentally. Went down with a few big boxes full of bottles from a party we'd had. A few six pack holders full of bottles too. Took every other box with us but forgot the six-pack holder.

Apparently they have a camera on these recycling bins and the fines are issued out by a private company. I could clearly be seen actively recycling glass bottles, taking all of the big boxes with me and leaving one thing behind. Clearly a mistake. Fly tipping next time it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,871 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Jumpaddict wrote: »
    Who said this? I've searched the thread and haven't found any mention of it....

So someone offers the opinion that its right that the OP got fined for parking illegally, this makes them 'dogooders' and 'clergy'(an unfortunate analogy if I do say so)?

Read the comments.

One poster comments with "ha ha"

In other words you have to pay a fine for a "let's face it" relatively minor offence so it's hilarious.

It's the same here all the time.....it's great when something bad happens someone else and it'll never happen me because I'm so law abiding and up on my high horse....go away out of that the lot of you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I got a €150 fine last year for leaving a 6 pack holder on top of a recycling bin accidentally. Went down with a few big boxes full of bottles from a party we'd had. A few six pack holders full of bottles too. Took every other box with us but forgot the six-pack holder.

Apparently they have a camera on these recycling bins and the fines are issued out by a private company. I could clearly be seen actively recycling glass bottles, taking all of the big boxes with me and leaving one thing behind. Clearly a mistake. Fly tipping next time it is.

Now THAT is totally taking the pi$$. What company tried to fine you? Hope you didn't pay it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Merkin wrote: »
    Now THAT is totally taking the pi$$. What company tried to fine you? Hope you didn't pay it?!

I can't remember the name of the company. I rang the council who told me about the 3rd party company. I requested information about the case, they called back and explained it to me. Apparently I could have taken it further but the reality is that I did leave something behind. I basically hadn't got a case, by the letter of the law.

mfceiling wrote: »
    It's the same here all the time.....it's great when something bad happens someone else and it'll never happen me because I'm so law abiding and up on my high horse....go away out of that the lot of you...

What did you get fined for that you "don't deserve"?

Leave my high horse out of this. I can see my house from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

That's outfeckingrageous. Dumping washing machines and household waste deserves the heavy hand of the law but a genuine mistake and leaving something while recycling is just totally a step too far - I'd be FURIOUS :mad:

Merkin wrote: »
    That's outfeckingrageous. Dumping washing machines and household waste deserves the heavy hand of the law but a genuine mistake and leaving something while recycling is just totally a step too far - I'd be FURIOUS :mad:

Washing machines don't blow around do they.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Say you had stopped at the scene of an accident.

Advertisement