Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

150e fine !!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

€150 is ridiculous all the same. It's a mandatory court appearance for cycling through a red light though, so it could be worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

mfceiling wrote: »
    Read the comments.

One poster comments with "ha ha"

In fairness, it is very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

tell them you were in the car and that youd dropped your contact lens. you just couldnt be seen as you were looking for it on the floor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Helix wrote: »
    tell them you were in the car and that youd dropped your contact lens. you just couldnt be seen as you were looking for it on the floor

Ah sure, they'll let you go straight away then. You're sorted. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

"Hello Caller ... you're through to the Joe Duffy radio show live"

"hello hello JOE ? JOE ?"

"Yes Caller, go ahead dere now"

"Joe, I was clamped outside the CHILDREN's hospital JOE, so I was"

"Clamped ?"

"Clamped."

"That's terrible caller !!"

"Joe. Joe. Joe. Think of the CHILD-REN Joe !!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Mentioning Joe should be a €150 fine imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

MadsL wrote: »
    Bollix. See here was me and the sergeant having a cup of tae and he was complaining how he has fck all cash left at the end of the week, and what with the mortgage and his missus complaining to the Irish Times and all. So, I sez, shure there's no end of feckers out there we could be fining. A few bob on top, and that's the mortgage paid on the aul'rental student gaff and a fair whack off the semi. Might even get a new flat screen, the 42" is shite these days.

Woulda gotten away with it too, if it weren't for ye meddling kids.

No idea what you are going on about or the relevance in this thread.
    Thought it was traffic warden who gave him the fine ?

No idea what you are going on about or the relevance in this thread.
    Thought it was traffic warden who gave him the fine ?

Right. *cough* Traffic Warden. Nothing to see here, boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Christ (and my apologies, I am not in any way belittling anyones situation)...I wish all I had to worry about was a €150 fine..

Christ (and my apologies, I am not in any way belittling anyones situation)...I wish all I had to worry about was a €150 fine..

Best get off boards and crack on with it then. Jesus, wish all I had to worry about was your post.

• Advertisement

Best get off boards and crack on with it then. Jesus, wish all I had to worry about was your post.

Oh grow up, for Gods sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

I just got a 150euro fine in the door for parking on double yellow lines !!!!!!
    Last week i was drove my mother to the local GP, stuck the Hazard lights on,left her in the car jumped out ran in collected her gloves she left there and ran back out into the car and drove off,
    Now i get this fine in the door for been parked on the double yellow lines, they never put anything on my window or anything,
    150 is a crazy amount for literally 1 minute !!!!!!!!!
    Rant over,

Same thing happened me OP and I was just going in to get a lotto ticket, the cheek of them FFS I was only gone for a minute and the traffic lights had just turned green.

and I had the hazard light on:mad:

Oh grow up, for Gods sake!

Yeah, sock it to me baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    OP, you have my sympathies, that's annoying.

I too received a fine of €150 for my dog fouling someone's garden while I had him out for a walk.
    I was going to fight it but the complainant had a dossier with time dated video of the dog doing the deed & me whistling at him to follow on.
    I agreed with the council to pay €20 a month, I paid the first month then "forgot" about further payments.
    Hasn't been a word about 8 months later.

Still waiting on that 120 Euro! :mad:

I feel sad now, its such a shame. My comment wasn't meant in any way shape or form to be nasty. Its nice to see a response such as "Yeah, sock it to me baby."...my faith in humanity is restored. Thank you, eternally grateful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Unlucky. I have a friend who parks on double yellow lines everyday during college. She hasn't gotten caught yet. Even if she does get caught now, she'll have saved more than 150 quid by parking in the lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

What you want (hooo) baby I got it
    What you need (hooo) you know I got it
    (Hooo) all I'm asking (hooo) is for a little respect
    ( Just a little bit) when you come home
    (Just a little bit) hey baby ( Just little bit)
    When you come home ( Just a Little Bit) Mister

I ain't gonna do you wrong while you're gone
    I ain't gonna do you wrong 'cause I don't wanna
    All I'm asking is for a little respect when you come home
    (Just a Little Bit) Baby ( Just a little bit )
    When you come home ( Just a little Bit) Yeah

I'm about to give you all my money
    And all I'm asking in return honey
    Is to give me my propers when you get home
    (Justa Justa Justa) Yeah baby when you get home

( Just a little Bit ) Yeah ( Just a little bit )

Hooo your kisses sweeter than honey and guess what so is my money
    All I want you to do for me is give it to me whn you get home
    ( Re re re re spect) Yeah baby whip it to me
    ( Just a little bit) when you get home now ( Just a little bit)

R-E-S-P-E-C-T find out what it means to me
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Take care, TCB ohhhh (Sock it to me,etc.)

A little respect oh yeah ( Just a little bit)
    A little respect ( Just a little Bit)

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

I just got a 150euro fine in the door for parking on double yellow lines !!!!!!
    Last week i was drove my mother to the local GP, stuck the Hazard lights on,left her in the car jumped out ran in collected her gloves she left there and ran back out into the car and drove off,
    Now i get this fine in the door for been parked on the double yellow lines, they never put anything on my window or anything,
    150 is a crazy amount for literally 1 minute !!!!!!!!!
    Rant over,

What the f**k do you want, sympathy?

Hippies! wrote: »
    What the f**k do you want, sympathy?

A book on the rules of the road might be better............:D

• Advertisement

Boombastic wrote: »
    A book on the rules of the road might be better............:D

In my head a small silver sound went *zing*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,871 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

In fairness, it is very funny.

In fairness it's not.

150 quid for parking up on a double yellow.....OP might need that 150 for something more important than a poxy parking fine.

What did you get fined for that you "don't deserve"?

Leave my high horse out of this. I can see my house from here.

I got fined €80 from SDCC for an overloaded bin.

Left my bin out for collection one morning at 6.30 (information leaflet said bin was to be left at kerb before 7)....got a letter 2 days later to say my bin was overloaded and the litter warden had checked it and it was €80 of a fine.

Argued that my bin was used for fly tipping. Wardens answer "try me in court, I haven't lost a case yet"

Funny that in the last month I've had the litter warden out twice because my recycling bin has been used by someone else - once filled with household rubbish and once filled bathroom tiles. Plus we've had 13 bins robbed and one set on fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Face palm, you get 150 euro fine for parking on double yellow lines. A 70 year old woman causes a multi car pile up, resulting in a mans death and she gets 5 penalty points on her license. Apparently the judge felt that a fine would be inappropriate. Sometimes I just despair of this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Face palm, you get 150 euro fine for parking on double yellow lines. A 70 year old woman causes a multi car pile up, resulting in a mans death and she gets 5 penalty points on her license. Apparently the judge felt that a fine would be inappropriate. Sometimes I just despair of this country.

She should've gotten jail tbf.

In fairness it's not.

150 quid for parking up on a double yellow.....OP might need that 150 for something more important than a poxy parking fine.

The OP shouldn't have parked on it, then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

She should've gotten jail tbf.
    I completely agree with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I love when people are caught for stuff like this, and i'd love if the fines were increased!

• Advertisement

The OP shouldn't have parked on it, then.

Yeah he shouldn't, but was the fine of €150 really warranted. €40 yes, but €150??

Even a clamp for incorrect parking in dublin city centre is "only" €80

Yeah he shouldn't, but was the fine of €150 really warranted. €40 yes, but €150??

I shall refer you to my earlier post:
    You do realise that fines are supposed to be an inconvenience and a deterrent from reoffending?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

I know im not suppose to park there, but 150 euro seems crazy, that would feed my family for a week !!!!!!!!
    Sucks when your just trying to do a nice deed,
    Also why didn't they put a ticket on the car,

They did - his ma left it somewhere.

Point understood but punishment should befit the crime.

Yesterdays paper had outrage that a man who raped a girl makes a payment of €15,000 and that's it......is that wrong yes....is that a deterrent??

Fines should be in place for wrong doing but common sense is missing somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Just so people know i realise i cant park there its just that 150 euro is nuts, 50 ok fair enough but 150 is madness,

150 euros is a bit harsh, but double yellow lines are there for a reason, generally at a point where it is dangerous to park or where you will be causing a serious obstruction.

You parking there probably incovenenienced many other road users. If you parked somewhere legal you may have had to walk a bit further but you would still have 150 euros.

Are you male or female? I think this is a particularly female trait, plonking your car anyhwere flicking on the hazards and then off for five minutes to do the grocery shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

€40 or €50 is a sufficient deterrent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

nlgbbbblth wrote: »

Perhaps for an average infringement but clearly this was a high risk, high inconvenience location. The OP did the crime .... now he is paying for it. Too many people think double yellows are for 'other' people.

So be it. Justice in my view.

Piliger wrote: »
    Perhaps for an average infringement but clearly this was a high risk, high inconvenience location. The OP did the crime .... now he is paying for it. Too many people think double yellows are for 'other' people.

So be it. Justice in my view.

Can you inform us exactly whereabouts the OP parked?

Point understood but punishment should befit the crime.

Yesterdays paper had outrage that a man who raped a girl makes a payment of €15,000 and that's it......is that wrong yes....is that a deterrent??

No, it's not. That sentence was monstrously lenient. This is not. Nor is it the opposite of that.
    nlgbbbblth wrote: »

€150 is even better. I doubt the OP will do it again any time soon.

No, it's not. That sentence was monstrously lenient. This is not. Nor is it the opposite of that.

€150 is even better. I doubt the OP will do it again any time soon.

Fcuk it, why not make it 10 grand then it'll teach us all....common sense isn't always that common...

Fcuk it, why not make it 10 grand then it'll teach us all....common sense isn't always that common...

Why not indeed? Everybody and their dog knows that you're not supposed to park on double yellow lines at any time. May as well put people off it properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

In a 150 euros fine zone :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

MIkros
    Fines says parked on double yellow lines and has the address
    I thought 40euro myself,
    Ill get a picture of the fine after work and post it here,
    Say's 150 euro on it

You still haven't said if the yellow lines were beside a footpath.

The OP is notably the person who has been asked to provide that information and has failed to so.

The OP is notably the person who has been asked to provide that information and has failed to so.

Don't think he was specifically asked exactly where he was parked but piliger was able to tell us that the OP was clearly parked in a high risk, high inconvenience location......psychic much?

Don't think he was specifically asked exactly where he was parked but piliger was able to tell us that the OP was clearly parked in a high risk, high inconvenience location......psychic much?

Easy solution. OP where were you parked? We can all have look on Street view.

dirtyden wrote: »
    I think this is a particularly female trait...

No, I'd disagree.

Be amazed by my argumentative skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

What is this sh.it with people believing hazard lights are some fuc.king magical device that relieve you off all responsibility in any situation...allowing you to do whatever the fck you like.

Ill just park in your garden at 8:30 am and stay there for an hour ...its ok..ill use my hazard lights.

Ill just pull over infront of this hospital a+e entrance....oh wait they might object due to me endangering peoples lives...my hazard lights button that will make it all go away.

Block entire pavement - hazard lights...let them walk in the road.

Double park behind you because i have utter contempt for you...hazard lights...my smokes are more important than your time.

Block an entire lane...well...im in a big van and have hazard lights so its all fine and dandy...you'll be home by 9

I think it must be an Irish thing, basically do whatever the **** you want so long as you put on your hazard lights.

Well its not ok hazard light abusers ...and next time im going to drop trou and take a sh.it on your van roof regardless of place and time..ill just be parked behind you with MY hazard lights on.

First post^^
    Easy solution. OP where were you parked? We can all have look on Street view.

Second post^^

First post^^

Second post^^

What am I missing here?

What am I missing here?

You informed us that the OP had been asked where he was parked - no one asked him.

Then you asked him after that where was he parked.

It's fairly straight forward....no??

• Advertisement
Advertisement