Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

150e fine !!!!!!!

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Hmm, yes, I see. A "monoploy set" you say. How would you define a "monopoly set"?

I don't need to define a monopoly set. All that matters is that the cards work and I can use them!

I'll be able to use the Community Chest cards when I'm short Taxi fare at the end of The night. Excellent! Misty how did I never think of this before? Oh wait, I'm living in the real world and I can't just make up my own reality. That's a pity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

It has nothing to do with exasperating the judge. Your first three questions would be enough. The next bit is where the case is won. I am not going to ruin the defence by posting it publicly.

I have a secret. Nah nah nah nah nah! Not telling yoooouuu!

This is like having a discussion with junior infants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

It has nothing to do with exasperating the judge. Your first three questions would be enough. The next bit is where the case is won. I am not going to ruin the defence by posting it publicly.

Please explain - I'm curious.

I do know of one guy who got off from a parking fine because he could show that the No Parking sign was not parallel to the road and therefore not visible to him when he parked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

MadsL wrote: »
    I have a secret. Nah nah nah nah nah! Not telling yoooouuu!

This is like having a discussion with junior infants.

I know. Only a junior infant would not realise that parking attendants and guards read boards.
    Only a junior infant would jump to conclusions about freemen and exasperating the judge.
    I have in fact shown one part of the defence but of course a junior infant would not have the attention span to work it out.

I know. Only a junior infant would not realise that parking attendants and guards read boards.
    Only a junior infant would jump to conclusions about freemen and exasperating the judge.
    I have in fact shown one part of the defence but of course a junior infant would not have the attention span to work it out.

Of course , another opportunity to show how you are smarter than everyone else, but can't talk about it as it is a secret. Good luck with your "technical defence" - I'm sure Guards are scouring boards as we speak to ensure no loopholes are being discussed at this very moment.

God, there are some loopers on boards these days.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

MadsL wrote: »
    Of course , another opportunity to show how you are smarter than everyone else, but can't talk about it as it is a secret. Good luck with your "technical defence" - I'm sure Guards are scouring boards as we speak to ensure no loopholes are being discussed at this very moment.

God, there are some loopers on boards these days.

mod:

Please cut out the unnecessary personal stuff lads.

If you really wanna slag each other off do it via PM where I don't have to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

jonsnow wrote: »
    In the District Court I once saw an elderly disabled man who had been living in the US for 40 years and had come home to look after his even older disabled mother.He was a disabled driver in the states and had brought his american wheelchair sticker with him and put it up as a stopgap measure.From practically the day he arrived in Ireland he had applied for the Irish wheelchair sticker (he had copies of the letter and application forms etc) but after 18 months when he got a ticket he had still not received it due to a series of cluster****s by the irish authorities which they had accepted and which was all documented.The judge asked "did you have a valid Irish sticker on the date in question""No" "Pay the fine".Harshest thing that I,ve ever seen.

I dont think you really needed to tell us that the mother was older than the son. Story sounds like rubbish too.

mod:

Please cut out the unnecessary personal stuff lads.

If you really wanna slag each other off do it via PM where I don't have to deal with it.

Yes sir, sorry sir. (Kicks ground and looks contrite) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

OP you tell us all we need to know in the first line of this thread.

you also agreed to post a picture of the letter/fine but filed to do so.

first post you say you went in to get gloves, but then you change your tune and say you didn't want your mother to walk a long way to the door. no parking space in a housing estate closer than a 10 min walk. if you found somewhere in the estate to park, with 10mins walk then you could and should of found a safe place .8 of a km away, (average walking speed 5 kmph)

sounds like BS, tell the truth, prove yourself or pay the fine.

also no google streetview yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Ev84

OP, Just be thankful that you don't live in Vilnius city, Lithunania...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

OP -This citizen information page, updated 8 March 2012 has a link to this file. It shows parking illegally on a double yellow line is 40 euro, rising to 60 euro if you don't pay within 28 days.

So the 150 euro does seem excessive.

Only read the first two pages so if someone else posted this, just ignore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I just got a 150euro fine in the door for parking on double yellow lines !!!!!!
    Last week i was drove my mother to the local GP
    €150 fine is quite steep, usually that's the kind of fine for parking in a disabled space, but as you say, it was just double yellow lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭SeanW

You do realise that fines are supposed to be an inconvenience and a deterrent from reoffending?
    You do realise that theres such as thing as proportionality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Whatever_fools

What? I could've sworn that once you had the hazards on you'd be invisible. That certainly seems to be the train of thought in my town anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

swiftman wrote: »
    OP you tell us all we need to know in the first line of this thread.

you also agreed to post a picture of the letter/fine but filed to do so.

first post you say you went in to get gloves, but then you change your tune and say you didn't want your mother to walk a long way to the door. no parking space in a housing estate closer than a 10 min walk. if you found somewhere in the estate to park, with 10mins walk then you could and should of found a safe place .8 of a km away, (average walking speed 5 kmph)

sounds like BS, tell the truth, prove yourself or pay the fine.

also no google streetview yet

I said i drove my mother around cause she left her gloves there, so she was going to get them but then i decided id run in for her,
    I said the nearest car park was 10 mins as someone asked how far to the nearest car park,i never mentioned i couldn't have parked else where in the estate,
    I know i shouldn't have parked there thats not my piont at all .
    I accept i parked wrongfully,
    I accept i deserve a fine of some sort for my mistake,
    I just wanted to see what people veiws on how much the fine is because i think its harsh,

Simply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I said i drove my mother around cause she left her gloves there, so she was going to get them but then i decided id run in for her,
    I said the nearest car park was 10 mins as someone asked how far to the nearest car park,i never mentioned i couldn't have parked else where in the estate,
    I just wanted to see what people veiws on how much the fine is because i think its harsh,

Simply

Its 85 euros here in NL for that type of offence.

Shteep enough alright.

Simply

As others have said, any chance you coukd put up a street view of where you parked from Google maps?

Advertisement