Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering home to home

Options
  • 18-10-2012 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I'm wondering if moving house, how long does it take to transfer your number from the previous house to the new one with same package details?

thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Hi

I'm wondering if moving house, how long does it take to transfer your number from the previous house to the new one with same package details?

thanks,

Hi Gummy Panda

If the new house your moving to has a line with a dial tone sound it can take between 24-48 working hours and if there's no line this can take up to 10 working days to activate. Once the line is activated broadband will then follow 5 working days later. We currently have a promotion were it's free of charge to move your account to the new address and activate a phone line along with a new 12 month contract. If you wish to place a move order you can do so by calling 1901 and ask for "moving house".

Regards
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Hi guys,

Is there any way to track a moving home order after you have placed it?

I didn't realise how much i miss having home broadband and my line has to be activated in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi guys,

Is there any way to track a moving home order after you have placed it?

I didn't realise how much i miss having home broadband and my line has to be activated in the house.

Hi Gummy Panda,

Can you PM me with the name the order was placed under and the address. We can check the order for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

any word back on this?

Hi Mark,

any word back on this?

Hi Gummy Panda

I can see a move order was placed for you on 24/10/12, as your broadband had to be cancelled in order to move your telephone number to your new address this took 24 hours to cancel and your order was then issued on 25/10/12. A requested has been sent off to the local engineers to do the installation of the line and can take between 5-10 working days. The line at your new address will then have to be tested for broadband, once broadband is available it can also take up to 5-10 working days to activate. I will keep track of this for you and as soon as the broadband is issued I will let you know.

Regards
    Linda

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Can you help me with this?

The engineer came yesterday but it turned out the house wasn't connected to the street grid but was wired inside. The engineer told us to contact the foreman to get it connected than to ring yourselves when its ready so it can be organised for him to come back out. The foreman contacted us today it had be connected and that Eircom can complete the installation.

I rang today and was put through to the moving home dept. The girl on the phone understood the situation and put me on hold while she went to resolve it. After about 5 mins, my call seemed to get transferred to some lad by mistake. I explained the situation to him and he just the account was cancelled. I don't think he was the same department as he couldn't find the move order.

Can you reorganise another visit from a engineer for me please?

Hi Guys,

Can you help me with this?

The engineer came yesterday but it turned out the house wasn't connected to the street grid but was wired inside. The engineer told us to contact the foreman to get it connected than to ring yourselves when its ready so it can be organised for him to come back out. The foreman contacted us today it had be connected and that Eircom can complete the installation.

I rang today and was put through to the moving home dept. The girl on the phone understood the situation and put me on hold while she went to resolve it. After about 5 mins, my call seemed to get transferred to some lad by mistake. I explained the situation to him and he just the account was cancelled. I don't think he was the same department as he couldn't find the move order.

Can you reorganise another visit from a engineer for me please?

Hi,

I see 1901, amended the order with the above info yesterday. I have sent an e-mail to engineers as well. So they should call you and arrange another appointment.

Thanks, Mark

Hi,

I see 1901, amended the order with the above info yesterday. I have sent an e-mail to engineers as well. So they should call you and arrange another appointment.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Is it possible to get a rough date when engineer will be out so I can make sure someone is at home?

Hi Mark,

Is it possible to get a rough date when engineer will be out so I can make sure someone is at home?

Hi Gummy Panda

I have checked this with engineers and they have confirmed that they don't have an exact date as of yet I’m afraid. There is a lot of outside cabling work that needs to be completed first, however you will be contacted by an engineer as soon as they have an exact appointment date . I will keep track of it here and I'll also try push this through for you.

Regards
    Linda

Hi Gummy Panda

I have checked this with engineers and they have confirmed that they don't have an exact date as of yet I’m afraid. There is a lot of outside cabling work that needs to be completed first, however you will be contacted by an engineer as soon as they have an exact appointment date . I will keep track of it here and I'll also try push this through for you.

Regards
    Linda

Thanks Linda!

• Advertisement

Hi

since my phone line hasn't been installed within the 10 working days timeframe does this mean you will be providing 2 months of credit?
    Installation
    Under the terms of our customer service guarantee if we fail to install your line within 10 working days of our agreeing to do so you can claim a credit of two months free rental. Also if you have a complaint about installation we aim to resolve your complaint within 10 working days.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Hi Gummy just some info regarding Eircom and moving house. I moved in May of this year to a house approx 2 miles from my previous address. Prior to the move I contacted Eircom and arranged the move. At this stage I had e-mobile, land line and broadband all from eircom. I had been a customer of this company from telecom eireann and PT days long ago. The service and attitude of this company was appalling.
    We were left for 3 weeks without any service and confusing info regarding broadband in the new area. We are actually closer to the exchange than before. Constantly told landline was active when it clearly was not and that broadband was no longer available in our area. They also had the audacity to tell me that I would have to sign up to a new 12 month contract, I had not cancelled the contract I merely moved house.
    To sum up I told then to fcuk off and to be honest they deserved it. I now have satellite broadband and vodafone mobile and no more sh1t from this waste of space company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi

since my phone line hasn't been installed within the 10 working days timeframe does this mean you will be providing 2 months of credit?
    Hi Gummy Panda
    I will certainly chase this for you. I should be back tomorrow with update.
    Tony

Hi Gummy Panda
    I will certainly chase this for you. I should be back tomorrow with update.
    Tony

Thanks Tony,

sorry to be a pain about this but I have family coming over for xmas and they will be wanting to ring home to Australia or using video chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Thanks Tony,

sorry to be a pain about this but I have family coming over for xmas and they will be wanting to ring home to Australia or using video chat.

I understand Gummy Panda and will do all I can here.
    Tony

Hi

A neighbour on Monday night told me they had rang Eircom in relation to their moving home order and were told the road would have landlines connected till the 23rd January.

Is this true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Gummy Panda

I can't verify that what your neighbour was informed, can you PM your new address and I will look into this?

Regards

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Gummy Panda

I can't verify that what your neighbour was informed, can you PM your new address and I will look into this?

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

There an echo in here?

Hi

A neighbour on Monday night told me they had rang Eircom in relation to their moving home order and were told the road would have landlines connected till the 23rd January.

Is this true?

Hi Gummy Panda,

I have been chasing up on the issue, our networks team advised that the estate is being connected to the telephone line / network in stages, in conjunction with the contractors for the estate.

I sent another request to see if we can get a more accurate time frame and I will let you know as soon as they get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

This is taking too long lads.

I'm going to ring up to today and cancel the account fully. I'm not waiting till the new year for a phone line and internet when UPC have my house cabled to do it now.

Can you guys confirm my moving home order has been cancelled fully and there is no cancellation fee?

I was suppose to get a callback but that was an hour ago.

This is taking too long lads.

I'm going to ring up to today and cancel the account fully. I'm not waiting till the new year for a phone line and internet when UPC have my house cabled to do it now.

Hi Gummy Panda,

I apologise again for the delay in getting a definitive time-frame for the completion as yet.

I completely understand if you wish to cancel the order at this stage.

Can you send me a a PM with the full name on the order. account number or order number, address and mobile contact and I will arrange to cancel the order.

Sorry we need to verify as many details as possible boards issuing a cancellation online.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Gummy Panda,

I apologise again for the delay in getting a definitive time-frame for the completion as yet.

I completely understand if you wish to cancel the order at this stage.

Can you send me a a PM with the full name on the order. account number or order number, address and mobile contact and I will arrange to cancel the order.

Sorry we need to verify as many details as possible boards issuing a cancellation online.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

The girl in the moving home dept got back to me and confirmed cancellation.

Thanks for all the help in this.

Hi Mark,

The girl in the moving home dept got back to me and confirmed cancellation.

Thanks for all the help in this.

Hi,

Yes I can confirm it has been cancelled in full.

3671844RT 26/10/12 16/11/12 CANCELLED 19/11/12

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement