Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 7 install error on New Build PC

Options
  • 18-10-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

I posted this in the Windows forum but realised this is probably a better location. Sorry mods!

I have just attempted to install Windows 7 OEM on a pc which I just built. I used an external disk drive to do this.

The computer booted as far as the screen that shows "Windows is loading files". This screen stayed on for 10 or so minutes and the status bar slowly filled. However I got an error screen (screenshot attached) at the end of this saying "Windows failed to load as the system registry file is missing or corrupt"

Anybody have any ideas what the issue is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

disc or disc drive might be damaged or dusty, do you have a usb flashstick atleast 4gb in size? if so you could use wintoflash to create a bootable usb stick to install it instead

Advertisement