Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banshee (Cinemax) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,444 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Had we had an episode in season 4 where hood hasn't got into a punch up. Getting rather boring that. They will hardly kill off 2 main characters in 2 weeks.

I have a funny feeling that proctor will miss his mothers death and lose the plot at the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

irishgeo wrote: »
    They will hardly kill off 2 main characters in 2 weeks.
    I wouldn't class Nola as a main character TBH. She was more an auxiliary character to help storylines along when needed.
    irishgeo wrote: »
    I have a funny feeling that proctor will miss his mothers death and lose the plot at the town.
    Yup, and it will add even more fuel to the fire of hatred between him and Hood, although I'm thinking Proctor and Hood may have to temporarily put that on hold, and team up to prevent Chayton and Red Bones killing them in the inevitable shootout of the opening scenes next week.
    Siobhan is pretty much a goner I believe, but reformed neo-nazi boy is also present at the Cadi to lend them a hand and prove his credentials as her sub. (Remember he was talking to Alma in Sheriff's office shortly before the end of the episode.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I will be slighted miffed if they kill Siobhan off, which seems likely now. She's one of the few women in the show that's now a complete cow. Haven't seen much of the army guys so I presume they will be the main antagonists for the remainder of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Same, I hope they dont kill Siobhan off - still surprised the americans are able to say that without saying something stupid!

Hood is hardly going to get away with his punch up with Proctor, the thing i found interesting is where was his bodyguard during the fight and why didnt his niece intervene, she actually looked scared!

Just finished watching John Wick with Keanu Reeves, I have a feeling you guys will love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hoods fighting skills have got a way worse over the course of this. He was able beat up a pro fighter and the albino in season 1 but can't beat up Kai now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So why is Chayton there? For his men? For revenge against Raven or because he heard Procter was there? Guess he gets 3 for 1.

What a coincidence the neo Nazi dude is there just in tome to prove his worth. Will he save Alma? Or just be hired and be disliked by Alma?

Yeah, looks like Siobhan will be going.

On another note, The game of Chicken was cool. At first I though Clay was scared, but then he smiled, which may have been even scarier. :)

Worse, I think that he was turned on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭squonk

This was the first Banshee episode this season that I almost found boring. After the game of chicken it slowed right down until the final scene. Joe & Co breaking into the facility was fairly low key and while the showdown between Hood and Siobhan had to happen, I found I had little appetite or interest in serious interpersonal drama at that stage. There's really just a few things I want out of Banshee. It usually delivers! That being said, Siobhan's story needs to be wrapped up as she'll be taking up residence in the morgue really soon. It's a shame as she's been a great character all the way through. She hasn't really figured this season though except as a vehicle for exposing Hood. Once she's gone though he'lll be in the clear again. The fight with Kai was just a brutal slug out. Hood is a badass for sure but Kai is also a tough motherfúcker who didn't get where he was without being able to slug it out. Looks like we're back to business as usual next week though. I'm just wondering though when they plan on fitting in the heist at the army base. That must surely kick back in after the next episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Hood was in bits anyways after being brutally tortured less than 24 hours earlier, probably why he just wanted to shoot Proctor and avoid a fist fight. Not surprised he nearly got beaten in that fight.

I hope they surprise us and don't kill off Siobhan.

I didn't know where Chayton was going with this gang, I thought he was heading to Proctors house, and would kill a load of extras while Proctor was safe in Jail.

I thought it was a really good ep again, (except for the Carrie bike stuff), and it had to slow down after crazy last episode.

They've not dealt with Nola's death at all....

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    They've not dealt with Nola's death at all....

I'm not sure anyone outside of Proctor's inner circle (Kai himself, Burton, maybe Rebecca) would even be aware of her death. She appeared to be on a one woman mission, separate from Chayton's attacks on Proctor.
    I'd say the impression given is that poor aul Nola wound up being pulped up, and lobbed into the offal bin down the meat packing plant, much like Jason Hood. :eek:

^ I'm sure Proctor or Burton will throw it (not pulp, just the fact that they killed her) in Chayton's face at some point if they get a chance.

I have to say I am rooting for Chayton. I can't stand Proctor & co.
    Burton is cool, but I'd look to see Chayton kill him.

Yep the inevitable happened, although I did think Siobhan would be saved. But as soon as she said she'll follow Hood on, I knew that was the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yep the inevitable happened, although I did think Siobhan would be saved. But as soon as she said she'll follow Hood on, I knew that was the end!

What did you make of the bit after the credits? is it suggesting that someone else now has the file on Hood?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

or its open to be found after her place gets searched by state police?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Well no half measures there..... one of the best hours of TV I have watched in a long time.
    What did you make of the bit after the credits? is it suggesting that someone else now has the file on Hood?

Don't think so - they often do these poignant little stingers at the end of episodes that sum up everything that's happened. Think it't just a representation of the fact that Siobhan is gone, nothing more. Could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This season is on full trottle I can't see many surviving till the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Well, that sucked. I liked Siobhan, knew she'd die but the manner wasn't very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Banshee isn't usually predictable but they really made it obvious she was going to die. I'm guessing they are going with Hood and Carrie getting back together. Not really interested in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'm happy Chayton is still alive. I thought they were going to end the Indian arc which would have been a pitty.

• Advertisement

I don't think Geno Segers is gonna be acting in season 4, not a hope Chayton is gonna be alive then I'd say. Last week it was a case of let Proctor and Chayton kill each other, but now Hood probably wants Chayton dead more than anyone.

Wish Carrie would die - her storylines are pointless and boring, even her husband has better storylines now

Another really good episode.

Found it quite tense, as every moment Siobhan was on screen I was thinking she's dead now.

I felt the writers were toying with us as it was inevitable that they were going to kill her off and nearly every scene she was in I was expecting a barrage of bullets, especially when Hood told her his real name.

Chayton wont be seeing S4 (if there is one), but I hope he gets to take out Burton before Hood gets to him.

And still the military base heist in the background...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭squonk

Quite a sad episode I thought. I mean sad as in the traditional meaning of the word. For me it was Banshee does Assault on Precinct 13. I knew Siobhan's number was up but then when Billy decided to talk directly with Chayton and the inevitable happened I pretty much figured she'd limp on. I figured the purpose was to kill off a guy to make way for the Neo Nazi cop. Even with her conversations with Hood during he episode I figured that they were going to reach an understanding and move on. I kind of expected Chayton to stop on the brink and just knock her out but it really just seemed very sad a needless how she died. I was actually quite surprised. I do think I missed some details as I usually save the show for last and I was fairly braindead by that stage last night.

Now there's room for Neo Nazi cop and A.N. Other on the Banshee polic force. I wonder if Indian Reservation Cop lady will end up working with Hood in time?

I think the show kind of crossed a line this week. Normally there are slower cutaways from violence but this episode was intense and long running. Probably it was as close to the notional 45 minute fight episode I often joke that the writers have to have in them somewhere. It was pretty much dark, nasty and cruel.

Now coming up we've got Proctor v. Hood, Hood v. Chayton, possibly Proctor v. Chayton (again) and an army base to be ripped off. The writers are just going all in this season!

RIP Siobhan. I liked how the American writers were able to spell your name correctly and the actors did not butcher it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought I became insensitive to neck breaks after the few hundred in 24 but that was just class.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I thought I became insensitive to neck breaks after the few hundred in 24 but that was just class.

I thought it was brutal.

I hoping he wouldn't do it, it was senseless and just done to antagonise Hood and the police even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Insanely good episode in easily the best season so far.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I thought it was brutal.

I hoping he wouldn't do it, it was senseless and just done to antagonise Hood and the police even more.

He promised Hood that he would make him suffer

• Advertisement

He promised Hood that he would make him suffer

And that he did.

I thought he was a likeable villain up until this point.

Advertisement