Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banshee (Cinemax) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I am still traumatised by the way she died. Why couldn't she just be killed in crossfire or by arrow? It was horrific, and to think I thought the episode a couple of weeks ago was too brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought lunch would sort me out but I'm still traumatised as well. Now I've had time to think about it I can't help but feel they broke a kind of unwritten long-standing TV viewer contract. I mean we kind of know what to expect from TV shows. Someone get caugt in crossfire, or gets blown away confronting a bad guy or else they go out giving hell in a grudge match. Otherwise you kind of expect writers and producers to make all kinds of shapes and be really badass with situations right up until the point where something trully awful has to be done. Then either the cavalry shows up or somebody finds a gun or some other means of diffusing the situation and redirecting the drama and they never really reach the point of having a brutal killing.

In this case they made all the appropriate noises and made all the right moves to get the situation right up to the top of the cliff and then jumped off it when you really didn't expect them to.

I love how they've upped the ante this year with the action sequences but if they also keep upping the shock factory with deaths like Siobhan's and even taking it futher then I might have to reconsider the show. I never expected to be writing something like this on the TV forum, especially about Banshee but Siobhan's death has to be one of the nastiest things I've ever seen on a TV show.

I don't get the angst to be honest.
    Hate that she died but it is completely within the keeping of the tone of the show.

Look how they did away with Emmet, after clip that had people rushing back to the last episode of last season to find out what the hell happened and it was just as brutal.
    Emmet's wife getting a kick in the stomach, enough to kill the unborn child was FAR FAR more brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

It was brutal. But its certainly not a reason to stop watching the show in my opinion.

Chayton is a monster (we are left in no doubt now). We know now exactly what he is capable of and he doesn't care how many of the "White Man" he has to kill to get his revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

TBH I would have liked if they had worked it so that Proctor returned (or even sent Burton) to the Cadi after calling the cavalry and pumped some (non-fatal) lead into Chayton just as he was about to kill Siobhan. That could have led to some seriously complex IOU's and moral dilemmas between some of the key characters.

But I guess with Leah on her deathbed that was never likely to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Are you talking about episode 5 ?

has it been aired ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

the_monkey wrote: »
    Are you talking about episode 5 ?

has it been aired ?

https://trakt.tv/search/tvdb/4874873

Aired 7/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Season 3, Episode 5 - aired last Friday night (early Sat morning GMT).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah that was excellent. Always like a good siege episode/movie. Guessed she would be going but doesn't mean I have to like it

Guessing Chayton will be very dead very soon. Can't see Hood focusing too much on the robbery until this is resolved

Was thinking who they would replace Siobhan with if they need a female deputy. At first I thought Carrie, but then remembered the reservation cop.

Speaking of, how does she know the DA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Brilliant episode. Really had echoes of Assault On Precinct 13 to it, and other siege movies. Loved it.

This season is just so eminently watchable. It has just been non-stop since the word "go" and I'm loving it for that. Just when you think everything is going to work out or that you have half a handle on things, BLAM. Out of left-field comes another twist in the tail.

By the way, I'm going to hypothesize on what I think will happen at the end of the season, but I'm going to spoiler it. Don't say you have not been warned, and in the words of Furio Giunta, "Don't bitch-a to me-a" if you so choose to read it.
    I reckon that Hood will, once again, team up with Proctor in order to eliminate the bigger threat of the Native American gang. The uneasy alliance will see Proctor, Hood and various others taking the fight to the Red Bones, who we must remember lost a lot of men during the siege of the Police Station.

The resultant fall-out from the battle will leave the Red Bones decimated, Chayton dead and another truce called between Hood and Proctor, despite all that has gone before (Proctor and/or Hood possibly saving the others' life at some point during the proceedings).

This will all be wrapped up neat and tidy by the end of the 8th episode or so. Leaving the path clear for the robbery of the Marine base. It will be during this robbery that Job/Sugar/Carrie is killed, but the robbery is a success. But the body left behind will be a clue to the identity of the other robbers and will result in a cliffhanger as the Marines and the Private Military Contractors suit up and arm up to go after the robbers. The final scene possibly including the infamous cliché of a gun being cocked before cutting to black.

• Advertisement

Brilliant episode. Really had echoes of Assault On Precinct 13 to it, and other siege movies. Loved it.

This season is just so eminently watchable. It has just been non-stop since the word "go" and I'm loving it for that. Just when you think everything is going to work out or that you have half a handle on things, BLAM. Out of left-field comes another twist in the tail.

By the way, I'm going to hypothesize on what I think will happen at the end of the season, but I'm going to spoiler it. Don't say you have not been warned, and in the words of Furio Giunta, "Don't bitch-a to me-a" if you so choose to read it.
    I reckon that Hood will, once again, team up with Proctor in order to eliminate the bigger threat of the Native American gang. The uneasy alliance will see Proctor, Hood and various others taking the fight to the Red Bones, who we must remember lost a lot of men during the siege of the Police Station.

The resultant fall-out from the battle will leave the Red Bones decimated, Chayton dead and another truce called between Hood and Proctor, despite all that has gone before (Proctor and/or Hood possibly saving the others' life at some point during the proceedings).

This will all be wrapped up neat and tidy by the end of the 8th episode or so. Leaving the path clear for the robbery of the Marine base. It will be during this robbery that Job/Sugar/Carrie is killed, but the robbery is a success. But the body left behind will be a clue to the identity of the other robbers and will result in a cliffhanger as the Marines and the Private Military Contractors suit up and arm up to go after the robbers. The final scene possibly including the infamous cliché of a gun being cocked before cutting to black.

Sounds good, they sound take you at that production company. Can you rewrite last week's episode too so we can keep Siobhan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Rasmus wrote: »
    Sounds good, they sound take you at that production company. Can you rewrite last week's episode too so we can keep Siobhan?

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Or being sarcastic :o:p

Yeah I guess it did sound like that but no, I wasn't!! I would be happy if all that happened in the next few episodes. If I even watch them, after last week's happenings.

Just saw it ... wow what an episode, really setting things up for the rest of the season ...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Renewed for an 8 episode 4th season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Renewed for an 8 episode 4th season.

Apologies if mentioned already, but how many episodes in this current season?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

red dave wrote: »
    Apologies if mentioned already, but how many episodes in this current season?

10 episodes this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

10 episodes every season so far, a 4th season is great news but I wouldn't be surprised to hear it's the last, they'll probably wrap it up and that's fair enough, you can only go to the well so many times.

If they are wrapping next season then I'd have no problem with that. I'd rather see a great show go out on a high while it's still fresh. It's always going to be sad to see such a great show go but if they can maintain the quality next season then it'll be remembered as a great overall package.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Feels too soon to be ending, hope they make it to 5 seasons at least to properly deal with Kai/Rebecca and the mystery of who exactly Hood is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Is the change to an 8 episode season something we should be worried about? I.e. are they really planning to wind the show down next season. Would like it to last a bit longer than that at least.

Seems about time to wrap up with one more season, end it on a high ... look at Lost and how that went from a great show to a big steaming pile of monkeyshít ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

The latest ep was really good even though it was a slow down of the pace. The alternative scenes with the original Hood and Siobhan at the end were touching. Looks like a change of guard in the Proctor clan is on the cards.

Good stab scene there with Chayton in the tent, pretty tense.

Promo for next episode looks like
    business as usual with the gang going for the cash job

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Deva is by far the worst thing about this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Loved the black and white shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Really liked that episode, especially the alternate outcome bits. Good to see Rebecca get her wings clipped :), Kai's new beau will be in her sights now I'd think. Only thing that annoyed me was Hood not being able to catch the near 7ft tall, 2 tonne weight brick s***house that is Chayton, who also had a knife twisted in his leg, in the forest thon time but then that's just nitpicking lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

This show is just brilliant

I had my misgivings after the first couple of eps but it really turned around.
    I agree it's over the top, I mean who gets that much sex and gets into that many fights?, but I love it. Sad to see Siobhan go. Easily the best looking out of the women.

The fight between Burton and Nola was amazing!

I was a little underwhelmed this week. The episode was low key which wasn't a bad thing. There are a few things that need to be adressed and it's good to see some time being given to them. This season seems like a whirlwind actually given that other seasons had plenty of slower episodes or mixed episodes.

Kai and the nurse, I knew it was coming because it's Banshee but it still kind of came out of nowhere. It's like the writers realised that there have been less boobies on screen this season and even less shagging so decided to fit it in to keep up a quota or something!

I wonder is there a coup coming in the Proctor camp? I'm starting to wonder how loyal Burton is when it comes to Rebekah? They seem to be forming a bond and he was in the room when she was dressed down by Kai. I kept thinking there was an execution coming in that scene though. I still thought Kai would side with Rebekah. Now though I'm wondering is Rebekah harder than Kai but more likely to get herself killed?

The Chayton payback was great right up until he jumped into the water and got away. Ironically if Hood had done what he was told and stayed out of it, Chayton would be dead now. For me though it was the first time Banshee sucked. There's only two episodes left and they've a huge storyline surrounding the heist already. I thought Chayton would be out of the picture by now.

Someone shoot Deva. She was the second suckiest thing about this week's episode. I don't care enough about her anymore. The chuckle family better turn out to be something worthwhile at this stage is all I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

squonk wrote: »
    For me though it was the first time Banshee sucked. There's only two episodes left and they've a huge storyline surrounding the heist already. I thought Chayton would be out of the picture by now.

I think its a 10 episode season! And season 4 will only have 8 episodes.

Please tell me there is 4 left!!! This season is class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I think its a 10 episode season! And season 4 will only have 8 episodes.

Please tell me there is 4 left!!! This season is class.

There is ten episodes this season, so 4 to go.

Advertisement