Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banshee (Cinemax) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

squonk wrote: »
    Someone shoot Deva. She was the second suckiest thing about this week's episode. I don't care enough about her anymore. The chuckle family better turn out to be something worthwhile at this stage is all I'm saying.

Deva's getting dangerously close to becoming the Dana Brody (in Homeland, for those who don't watch that show) of Banshee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

duridian wrote: »
    Deva's getting dangerously close to becoming the Dana Brody (in Homeland, for those who don't watch that show) of Banshee.

Oh she is no where near that bad!!!!

At least the scenes with her and Hood are ok, any scene with Dana Brody was torture, and she got loads of screen time too, so much so I stopped watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm only guessing that they are showing these useless scenes with Deva as she's gonna end up dead or something while her folks are out galavanting. That storyline sounds a bit shyte, well except for Deva getting killed off. I'm liking Nazi Cop.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    any scene with Dana Brody was torture, and she got loads of screen time too, so much so I stopped watching.

That's kind of a pity because Season 4, which is a 100% Dana free zone, was very decent compared to Seasons 2 & 3.
    Ok, sorry for going off-topic - now back to Pennsylvania ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Just finished binge watching up to the latest episode from season 1 in the last week.

Fantastic show. Season 3 episode 3 was brilliant. I still think there may be a lot more to Hood's back-story, from the way he was referred to as "soldier boy" by Fat Al, and the way he clocked that the military were ex black ops.

It is going to be painful having to wait weekly now!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Job in Bosch... a very different character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

ep 7..gopro or what!

Plenty to think about (and happen) ..loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Here is good Gopro from episode

Spoiler alert: Watch after episode 7

http://www.welcometobanshee.com/origins-heist.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

prodsc wrote: »
    Here is good Gopro from episode

Spoiler alert: Watch after episode 7

http://www.welcometobanshee.com/origins-heist.htm

I really love Banshee.
    Every episode has a scene that leaves you thinking "wow, that's not how I expected things to play out". Pretty cool to see it broken down that way, you'd take it for granted that it's cut/edited to pieces. Some amount of work went into staging that I'd say.

The very end of the heist (in the van) was F-in brilliant. Cartoonish nearly.

On a side note, Chayton really is one heck of a character.

I really love Banshee!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Chayton is some scumbag ya mean! I know they are all scumbags in a way but he is just truly the worst! He could have tied them up but no he fecking murders them, even killed your one that helped him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What a brilliant episode/season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

That heist was a real treat to watch. Tense as hell. This season is amazing.

red dave wrote: »
    That heist was a real treat to watch. Tense as hell. This season is amazing.

The general lad is one hard bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Mc Love wrote: »
    The general lad is one hard bastard.

Yeah he looked proper terminator psycho in the tunnel and van.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭squonk

For what's supposed to be a 'does what it says on the tin' series, they really set a high bar this week. I can see the Go Pro shooting style being adapted elsewhere now. For me at least it was the first time I saw anything like that being effectively used. It led to a far more rewarding and intense heist as well. Christ I was on the edge of my seat literally! Looks like there are a few cracks on Team Hood now as well after the escapade. The general is a one man bloody army!

Chayton is scum of the earth. Whatever about killing Siobhan (she was police and Hood's woman so, in a twisted way, you could see a possible excuse at a stretch) but killing the neighbor and then killing the lady who helped him was bloody low. That fúcker needs to go down hard. I think I'll cheer like crazy when it eventually happens.

Lost in all this of course is a decent outcome to the latest Dava sub plot with her parents kicking ass! Carrie has just been kinda there all season I felt but her presence was worth it for this scene!

Interesting developments Chez Proctor. I still don't quite know what the Rebekah storyline is leading up to.

I wasn't expecting things to play out like this. I thought it'd be Chayton then the heist to wrap the season up. Now we've had the heist and we've got a Chayton manhunt and I'm pretty sure the General is going to figure out who relieved him of his money and come after them. You really have to hand it to the writers for putting together a top class season so far!

Correct me if I am wrong but I do believe this is the best season so far!

Correct me if I am wrong but I do believe this is the best season so far!

Its not far off!
    All Seasons have been very good!

To finish the series I'd say that one main character will be killed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

To finish the series I'd say that one main character will be killed off.

I was somewhat expecting Job to have been killed off in the fight scene during the heist.

I wasn't expecting Job to make it out of the military base.

That Colonel Stow or whatever his name is, is going to wage all out war on them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I was expecting him to pull down Carrie's mask just as he falls out the back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Absolutely animal episode. Love the first-person-shooter vibe of the heist.

Hood starting to crack up? (in a bad way)

The colonel is f*cked. He has nothing to go on, no idea who or what hit his base. He has nada. He will possibly find out from Carrie, but apart from that. Even Holmes would have trouble with this one.

Can't wait for the showdown in N'Awlins all the same!

I must be the only person that hated the heist scenes in this episode. The constant hopping from one camera view to the next after only one second wrecked my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

I must be the only person that hated the heist scenes in this episode. The constant hopping from one camera view to the next after only one second wrecked my head.

It took me a bit of getting used to, but I just thought it added so much to the frenetic, frantic and tense nature of the heist.

Plus, when they held the guns out in front, it just reminded me so much of a FPS, I couldn't help but love it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

That was my favorite episode of Banshee to date. Loved the way the heist was shot and really tense all the way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Heckler

This episode was only second best to Clays car fight episode. This season is amazing. So OTT its fantastic. Use of the cameras was brilliant.

That was one hell of an epic scene on the docks! No man can kill chayton but a shotgun can :D:D

And the Army guy is on the war path. Does he suspect Carrie? God only knows what he knows about her work under her father's illegitimate business. As for Kai - sh1t is going to hit the fan.

Whats the story with Burton? Has he no feeling down there or is he a eunuch?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was one hell of an epic scene on the docks! No man can kill chayton but a shotgun can :D:D

And the Army guy is on the war path. Does he suspect Carrie? God only knows what he knows about her work under her father's illegitimate business. As for Kai - sh1t is going to hit the fan.

Whats the story with Burton? Has he no feeling down there or is he a eunuch?

That would be my guess.

Another great episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭satguy

Burton has nothing downstairs,, Not to be confused with any Irish politicians of the same name, they have nothing upstairs ....!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Another great episode. Best show currently on tv to be honest.

Advertisement