Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banshee (Cinemax) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Not sure of the shotgun blast to the head scene was necessary TBH. I realise that they are making headlines with their special effects and filming techniques (*that* fight scene was poetry in motion, and the HUD filming of the heist made you feel immersed in the whole thing). But today, not so much. Sometimes less is more - the similar Gustavo Fring scene in 'Breaking Bad' was more toned down, but in many ways, far more effective. In 'Banshee' today it was for shock value, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Dave0301

mike_ie wrote: »
    Not sure of the shotgun blast to the head scene was necessary TBH. I realise that they are making headlines with their special effects and filming techniques (*that* fight scene was poetry in motion, and the HUD filming of the heist made you feel immersed in the whole thing. But today, not so much. Sometimes less is more - the similar Gustavo Fring scene in 'Breaking Bad' was more toned down, but in many ways, far more effective. In 'Banshee' today it was for shock value, nothing more.

I thought that myself at first, but after thinking on it some more it doesn't bother me. Banshee is not trying to be a serious piece of television, and I thought that it complemented the speech that was given about being a warrior. As in, Hood's thrist for revenge superceeds any sort of honour code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I love this show, I also think its the best show on tv. Is there anything else out there like this? How do Justified and sons of anarchy compare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Boom!! what an episode , and ok it was a rip of of a certain BrBa character death but so what !!!

It's crazy and not to be taken seriously !!!

Chayton had to have an epic death ... there was no way it was gonna be toned down.

This military bad ass and proctor ..... shiiiit makes a tense final 2 episodes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

How do Justified and sons of anarchy compare?

Hmm, maybe others would disagree but I don't think they compare really. Justified is a nice easy going show. Sons had its ups and downs. 1 epic season somewhere around the middle, 1 god damn awful season based in Ireland and ended kind of in a vulgar nonsensical whimper. For pure adrenalin addictive TV I'd recommend The Shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Heckler

No problem with the gore of Chaytons head. Delighted hes gone. Whoever choreographs the fight scenes deserves an award.

I would like to see Proctors niece go down. Shes really annoying. Got a feeling Clay is going to take care of that. He's loyal to Kai. I'd hate to see some scenario where she convinces Kai to kill him.

Dunno about SoA but Justified is a millions miles away. By far my favourite tv show. The dialogue is probably some of the best on tv in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Only caught up now. Great episode. Maybe I was wrong about the military madman. Maybe he will figure it out somehow.
    The fingerprints and who got them and how they got them could be a big thing now.

This is set up for an unbelievable final 2 episodes.

Bring it on!

Only caught up now. Great episode. Maybe I was wrong about the military madman. Maybe he will figure it out somehow.
    The fingerprints and who got them and how they got them could be a big thing now.

This is set up for an unbelievable final 2 episodes.

Bring it on!

My impression from that scene in the dinner is that he already thinks Carrie has something to do with it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Dave0301 wrote: »
    My impression from that scene in the dinner is that he already thinks Carrie has something to do with it.
    Mine also. He's able to recall that he'd have left his finger prints there and their impression was used to open the safe. He'll likely now dig into Carrie's background and, with his deeper access to intel, maybe uncover some of her past with Rabbit. He's smart but - most importantly - deliciously bonkers, which is the sort of character perfect for this show.

Can't wait to see Clay get seriously pissed with Proctor's niece now that her gambit has resulted in Proctor being taken. I really want to see what he's like when he breaks his calm.

Did anyone else, in the post credits scene, half expect Chayton's body to start moving and see him swimming for the surface?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Heckler wrote: »
    I would like to see Proctors niece go down.

Apart from Job, Sugar and the guys in the Amish community she was going down on most of the males in the show during the first two seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I doubt even Chayton could come back from that.

Had to laugh when it was showing the flashbacks of the army guy when he said Hood was soft and lets his enemies live, just minutes after we see what he does to his enemies.

Was kind of expecting a slaughter of the Amish when saw the guys arriving with guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭squonk

I was pretty tired watching the episode this week last night but to me it felt just a little flat. I know we're coming off the heist episode which was some of the most epic, gripping TV I've seen in some time but the epiosde kind of did kick off at the fight club. Hood taking on Chayton there was pretty great. The hotel room attack was pretty badass too. The docks scene though, I'm not so sure about. I guess Mike_ie or myself weren't the only ones thinking Gus when Chayton went down. Although the Gus scene in BB was epic, I think it still falls outside the realms of that show. For me it kind of ruined the episode. I was kind of OK with the shot to the lower torso and I expected Chayton to just drop after a dramatic 20 seconds had passed but the head shot was just OTT really. For me Banshee is about the sort of conftontations I wouldn't want to get involved in, not the sort I realistically couldn't get involved in! It crossed the line I thought from badass show to comic book/video game at that point.

So, who's taken Proctor? I'm guessing it's Rebekah's buddies? I suspected for a time that Clay and Rebekah would ultimately end up bumping wobbly bits but since it looks like Clay is de-wobblied it ain't gonna happen. The flashback was intense. I've a feeling the Clay/Rebekah hand holding may have been a red herring now though part of me wondered if the intensity of the flashback was because he wanted her going down on him but was just now pissed because it wasn't a possibility. In any case, getting Kai back is going to be fairly badass.

Crazy General is completely onto Carrie. He possibly hasn't quite figured out the rest of the crew yet but I suspect Carrie will be taken and tortured to extract names and/or lure the rest of the crew out. I suspect Sugar is going down in this confrontation. That BS filler Boxer storyline had a kind of fleshing out to it that seems to be adding the background of a character who has remained fairly static. I'm guessing that's only happeining because he's gong down for the last time in the immediate future.

So, not one of the best episodes, but not one of the worst either. A good wrapup and transitional setup ep for the final 2 which I think are gonig to be epic again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Colonel Stowe has it mostly figured out, he knows it was Carrie, but he probably doesn't know who the other 3 are yet....

I'm still expecting Job, Sugar or Carrie to end up dead this season...

As for Chayton, I agree that the gruesome headshot was probably too much. I think if if didn't have the intact eyeball and cut away from the scene a little quicker instead of dwelling on it, it would have worked better.

I was fully expecting a massacre at the tree with Proctor and the Amish. I was relieved to see them just kidnap him.

Might not watch it next week and have a double bill finale instead in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

It was Fraziers guys who took Kai I thought for selling to other guys I'd say?
    Probably see brock and hood work together to get Brocks ex wife back.

I do like that Brock knows, or at least, suspects Hood isn't who he says he is but just doesn't care now as long as he gets the job done

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Looks like it's going to be Job that is getting the hit! (just watching latest episode)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Nooooo that episode was way too short!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Another cracking episode (apart from the Deva stuff).

Looks like a neo-Nazi story is being set up for season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Very nice setting of the stage for next week. Even the non-adrenaline-packed episodes are better than most of what's on TV these days. Looking froward to seeing where the Bunker angle takes the show next.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The season finale is going to be something else if the previous episodes this season are anything to go by.

• Advertisement

That episode set it up very nicely for the season finale and a possible story arc with the Neo Nazis next season.

Also, it looks like Kai is going to forgive his niece!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

What a cracking bit of tv. Good to know Sugar is still alive....for the moment anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Looking forward to finale.

Hoping that Carrie, Gordan and Deva exit the show somehow. Deadwood characters.

Nazi's storyline looks like it could be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Should be a quiet enough finale!
    It saddens me, but I don't think Job is long for this world.

Banshee never tends to have just one story going on; this season we'd three with Chayton, Kai & the Colonel.
    I think next season (if it's to be the last), could have the Neo Nazi's, Kai & maybe this mysterious Dalton character that of whom both Job & Hood were deemed "no longer needed".

A part of me wants Banshee to lock in a definitive date, just to ensure it goes out on it's own terms, and if this Dalton character was around in Hood's earlier days, it would finally give us that elusive backstory that's been flirted with so often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

Afaik there's been no mention from the producers that next season is the last. Maybe they want bigger budget for each episode hence the shorter season. If it is the last then i hope it goes out well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

The finale is set up brilliantly. Gordon and Hood joining forces to liberate the prisoners. Hood and the Colonel having a big showdown with only one coming out on top (and despite how dramatic the fight may be, we all know who that will be).

Usually nowadays, TV networks announce "the fourth and final season" if it is to be the last one. So I would suspect that it isn't the last hurrah just yet.

It was funny, when the Neo-Nazi character returned to the Nazis, I thought he was coming back to announce he was "in", having successfully infiltrated a police department. When he kicked the head off them and announced his vengeful intents, it was a nice surprise.

This was one of the best seasons of any show I've watched before. Here's hoping the finale lives up to it!

I like how Hood just has the reputation now when people he knows just ask "What'd you do now?"

I think we'll find out more about him either next episode or next season, since this is the second time this season he was asked his name before cutting away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭squonk

Good episode! It's going to be balls to the wall for the finalé I think. I'm hoping Job gets out of the pickle he's in. Honestly I'd sooner see Sugar go than Job. He'd be a loss really. Lines like "The only way you'd clean this place is with a mothafúckin grenade" are priceless! It wouldn't be half the show I think.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

They'd never get rid of Job - a lot of the stuff they do is under the premise that they can circumvent a lot of stuff through hacking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭stoeger

Lad what channel it on has season 3 started on sky ? or is it Netflix

Advertisement