Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banshee (Cinemax) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Nola Longshadow, native american assassin. I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,058 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Final scene: click-click-click "sh1t!":pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

only started this sunday and im now up to date for the final episode this week, holy sh1t what a show, some unbelievable fight scenes throughout the series, the storyline moves along as a nice fast pace, i was waiting for a slowdown in the second half of the season like homeland when they packed so much into the first half of season 2, but this is just getting better and better,

maybe some of the actors could be better actors, but i think the casting people nailed every cast member, not a weak link really for what they need to do, any slightly dodgy acting is more than made up for in the fighting, its neigh on impossible to come across people that are spectacular at both acting and fighting for the money available to the show,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭squonk

Anyone else finding Kye's attitude towards his niece quite creepy at the moment? There definitely seems to be a nasty kind of attraction there which is just icky but, damn, that's why I love this show! I was expecting a lull myself as well after the explosive start but it just keeps packing the fun in! It's killing me I'll have to wait ages for Season 2 after this season finishes next weekend. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Proctor gets Badass of the Year award after this season.

• Advertisement

Proctor gets Badass of the Year award after this season.

yeah big shout for that alright, he reminds a bit of Boyd Crowder on justified but much smarter and even more badass, himself and Hood had a great fight in the last episode, and i liked the part where they showed him fighting himself after he pinned his niece to the bed,

looking forward to seeing what he will be getting up to over the next few seasons,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Frickin' bloodbath!.....suck my tits :D , that shootout was pretty epic, rocket launcher and all. while I only watched the finale I kinda got the gist of what was going on.

squonk wrote: »
    Anyone else finding Kye's attitude towards his niece quite creepy at the moment? There definitely seems to be a nasty kind of attraction there which is just icky but, damn, that's why I love this show! I was expecting a lull myself as well after the explosive start but it just keeps packing the fun in! It's killing me I'll have to wait ages for Season 2 after this season finishes next weekend. :(

If you thought that was icky, the finale had hand holdsies and lovin looks....deffo some creppy lovin'going on there. She's a freak!....love it!

And....wow!, Lili Simmons grew up quick eh?....another former Disney girl goes wild.

while I only watched the finale
    ive noting else to say except WHY

brilliant season finale, i wonder what rabbit will get up to next season, im surprised Ana didnt go over and put bullet in his head for good measure, great seeing the rest of the sheriffs going to save hood, im actually surprised none of them died, and there was just no need whatsoever for the rocket launcher, but it was a good call:D:D

im surprised that they killed off the mayor, he didnt have a huge part except that he wanted proctor gone, and what exactly was he doing in the hotel anyway, and an even bigger shout out for bad ass of the year for proctor that incestuous creep:)

funny with the indians when proctor left the head, when he said at my home and then his sister rationalizing it, shes a bit of a bad ass herself i cant wait to see what she gets up to next season, i was expecting more from her in the finale, especially after the credit scene of her throwing the axes,

i think a lot of people will be put off by this show like me initially because its on cinemax but TBF they done a great job with this series and i cant wait for season 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

don ramo wrote: »

The mind boggles, indeed. Great finale, very good season, looking forward to the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,058 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

squonk wrote: »

I think he's fighting the temptation with whatever morality he's got left, her being his niece and all, but she doesn't seem to give a toss about his being her uncle. No doubt he'll give in eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Is it just me that thinks its the funniest thing on tv. I have had lol moments in every episode.

don ramo wrote: »

before you posted this I marathoned episode 2-5 last night, good stuff all round...OTT at times and unrealistic a sherrif could just get away with everything he does, but if it was set in reality you wouldn't have much of a show.

the sex is tame compared to Spartacus, but its pretty darn gorey violent at times. I might crack on through the others over the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fantastic actor, elevates anything he stars in.
    Must finish season 1....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

F*cking hell my new favourite show! Watched season 1 in a few days, absolutely brilliant!

The Bonus Vault Unlock video is pretty class! Highly recommend people to watch the hidden opening credits secrets on welcometobanshee.com.

Season 2 tease vid as well. 2014 is way too long away!

I watched the entire season over a week myself, while I heard raving about lots of sex or ultra violence, imo it was rather tame compared to Spartacus. But its actually a very solid show all round.

You need to suspend disbelief that this sheriff could get away with the crap he does, but t does have some very extended fight scenes. Hell i'd tune in JUST to see Lili Simmons!.....what a body!, pretty sure Procter saying Rebecca was off limits to Hood was a setup for season 2 for Hood to be shagging Becs and Procter and Hood mortal enemies.

Dunno how much we'll see of Nola/Odette as she's very busy with a lot of shows right now. I would like to see more of the Amish angle be integrated into the story more.

No doubt Rabbit will pop up again and the FBI are now into Hood and the real dead sheriff + real sheriff's son etc. 4/5 for the season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I just saw the episode with the albino, this show is hardcore, I am surprised more of the wire/sopranos/breaking bad crowd aren't taking notice, i predict this show will be a sleeper hit like breaking bad and slowly enter the zeitgeist

• Registered Users Posts: 43,880 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just finished episode 4 of this and it's superb... the only way to describe it is "a comic book version of Justified".

It's silly, but it knows it... just great fun TV.

Episode 4 was superb.. the police car flip, Moody Bros crashing into side of patrol car being highlights.

Could be the best (definitely the funnest) show out of the US this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Just watched the whole season between today and yesterday, and it's really enjoyable. Very nice action scenes, quite funny in parts, and some seriously hot girls. Acting and plot (well no chance he'd get away with most of those stuff in real life but meh) aren't horrible either to take away from the good stuff so just a fun show to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starts on Monday 29th April at 10pm on Sky Atlantic

• Registered Users Posts: 43,880 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Will be watching the last two episodes tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Watched the whole season this week, including 4 episodes last night. Fantastic show! Could definitely see it becoming a sleeper hit alright. Hopefully the quality runs through to season 2.

Watched the whole season this week, including 4 episodes last night. Fantastic show! Could definitely see it becoming a sleeper hit alright. Hopefully the quality runs through to season 2.
    yeah im trying to get a few people to watch it, and for some reason their very reluctant, dont know why, theyll all probably watch it now on season 3 or 4, if it goes that long and maintains its quality:), and if none of the actors die doing some of them fight scenes, no matter how fake the fights are id say its a though few weeks filming it to look that good,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Starting tonight on Sky Atlantic. Think its around 10 or 10:15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭thesultan

Liking this show I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Pretty sure I just saw it on an advert for Sky Atlantic. Looks like they'll be showing it over in the UK and Ireland at least. Not sure if an irish channel has picked up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

2 episodes in and despite really wanting to like this show I'm just not feeling it so far, but I think I'll stick with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Started watching it on Sky.Liking it so far.
    That was some fight in part 3, between Sheriff Lucas and the prizefighter.Top notch!.

Advertisement