Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banshee (Cinemax) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MacBoogerBalls

Any views on episode 2?
    Thought there was a bit too much fighting/blood myself.
    Where's the season going?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There was a lot of fighting alright, though what saved it for me was how well filmed they were. They made some great use of different camera angles, good use of slo-mo etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Any views on episode 2?
    Thought there was a bit too much fighting/blood myself.
    Where's the season going?

I haven't seen Episode 2 yet - what I liked about the first one was that it was lighter on the fighting/blood and more character driven.

I have nothing against sex and violence but there are limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Mental note: Dont start watching this show while eating your dinner. The opening to the latest episode
    of herself writhing on the bed
    was a bit uncomfortable which scoffing my dinner with my gf.

Two top notch episodes so far. Must look up the mini episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

gotta love proctor, and his niece is gonna be some bit of work aswell in a season or 2,

hood has to be the fastest healing human on the planet:P:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Just watched season 2 episode 2.What an episode!
    That's Banshee back in action and true to form.
    Great shot with the bible at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This show isnt as popular as you think well not in Ireland anyway but I love it! It has sex and violence and good bit of comedy/drama mixed in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Love it too.
    It's class.

Know nobody else that watches it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah I'm the same, no one believes me about how good it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Lili Simmons has some role in this!, the dou of Procter and his naughty neice are worth the price of admission!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Just finished watching season 1 there. It was trashy, shlocky, cheesy, clichéd, regularly stupid, acting was just about passable at time... But fúck me that was good fun. The last few episodes in particular had some outrageously enjoyable action. Cracking finale too. Took me a few episodes to warm to it completely, probably not until I sat down Satuday night with plenty of beer watched four solid hours of it and had a blast. And not in the ironic way that people go watch those cheap SyFy films either, this was genuinely well made stuff. And even though I'm not a huge fan of the shaky cam stuff I do think they do action as good as any TV show I've seen, despite what I can only imagine is a relatively small budget. Can't wait to get stuck into whatever has aired of season 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've watched it since the start, wasn't wild at first but it grew on me, spent ages trying to persuade my housemate to watch it, when he eventually did, he loves it now as well. It's got that perfect blend of excessive just about everything that makes it one of the best guilty pleasures of the past while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Just watched S2E4 - great episode. Loving this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Was holding on to my teeth for a good bit of that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

i just started watching this ...really enjoying it

got to season 1 ep4 and all of a sudden there's some crazy bank robbery goin' on ?? wtf like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

i just started watching this ...really enjoying it

got to season 1 ep4 and all of a sudden there's some crazy bank robbery goin' on ?? wtf like
    Ha. That caught me by surprise too when I watched it. I think I remember it being explained in the little snippets that appear at the end of the credits of the previous episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

This show is terribly excellent. It's so bat sh1t crazy it's entertaining, everything is cranked up to 11 no wait, maybe 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Didn't enjoy that episode at all, way too slow and didn't really move the story on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Roanmore wrote: »
    Didn't enjoy that episode at all, way too slow and didn't really move the story on.

I really liked it. Loved the change in pace, and thought it looked beautiful. It's a very well shot show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

good show

seems to be under the radar slightly ..i dont hear much about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Roanmore wrote: »

I'm only half way in (not sure if can muster finishing it), but this is one of the worst TV episodes I have ever seen. It's on par with the ruination of HIMYM and this season's earlier episodes of Homeland.

Why change from what works; there are other show choices for people to watch if they just want scenery and gooey eyes. Banshee = OTT Adrenaline pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I liked what they did in this episode but it just went on for too long, as others have said OTT action is at the core of what makes banshee such a fun programme to watch and it was sorely lacking in this episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Compak wrote: »
    I'm only half way in (not sure if can muster finishing it), but this is one of the worst TV episodes I have ever seen. It's on par with the ruination of HIMYM and this season's earlier episodes of Homeland.

Why change from what works; there are other show choices for people to watch if they just want scenery and gooey eyes. Banshee = OTT Adrenaline pump.

OK, in fairness it picked up a bit in the last half to make it just a poor episode in Banshee terms and standards, but not deplorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I thought the bit in the wheat field was one of the best scenes the show has done so far tbh. The overhead shots of the three of them getting closer were gorgeous to look at while also being pretty damn tense. It was kind of a weird episode before all that kicked off but I really enjoyed overall. Pity the FBI agent was killed off though, was looking forward to seeing where that all went.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

The change in pace was a good thing for me. I really felt for the Sheriff, as his dreams of escape to a country idyll went up in smoke, and the realisation that Rabbit's paws are far-reaching and definitely a problem.

It's definitely one of the better shows on at the moment. In your face at times for sure, but the undercurrents in the series are kinda subtle as the story arcs progress. It's not very intellectual, but at least it's very watchable, and often throws a surprise that hooks the viewer in. As for the cinematography, it's a good example of how to do this type of stuff without being clichéd or predictable.

I'm glad I'm watching it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

jesus - this show is great. Ep6 was fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Enough action in ep 6 for everyone?

Intriguing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Knew a lorry would be involved after 2 passed in a row.

Would love to know why the opening credits change every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Would love to know why the opening credits change every week.

Elements of foreshadowing and hinting at episode content I think, and there is a certain exposition of the character situation or traits.

Did everyone make sure to watch right through to the end of the credits, to see where the butterfly landed? Future problems for the Banshee residents and blow-ins?

Advertisement