Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banshee (Cinemax) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Knew a lorry would be involved after 2 passed in a row.

Would love to know why the opening credits change every week.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan/11/business/la-fi-banshee-20130111

There's an online aspect to it all. Even the dial on the safe gives clues to finding info about the character's pasts and details etc via the website. Never bothered with it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

the women are smoking hot.

reminds me a lot of justified

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

good episode, but they would wanna cut this artistic slow motion crap, reminding me a bit of love/hate last season, where they were given a better budget and seemed to spend it all on more arty shots of dubland and unnecessary music,

other than that it was pretty good, would have been nice if the english fella stayed a bit longer,

anyone wanna venture a guess as to why kai was unhappy with his nieces tryst for the night, is it simply for keeping up appearances or what,

don ramo wrote: »
    anyone wanna venture a guess as to why kai was unhappy with his nieces tryst for the night, is it simply for keeping up appearances or what,

looks like they threw it in for uncle - niece sexual intrigue that's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭squonk

I think it creates a potentially explosive showdown between Hood and Proctor. The kid was the guy in the field at the end from what I could see and Hood tried pretty hard to get him out of town for largely decent reasons. I just can't see any other scenario other than Hood taking it fairly personally once the body is found and he eventually pieces the trail from the kid going off to chat up the niece all the way back to Proctor. How that will play out remains to be seen as both Proctor and the niece are great characters so I can't see either of them bowing out, but if I had to bet I'd say the nice would go.

After this episode, there definitely should be a new Golden Globe category made for most innovative use of a truck in a 2014 TV series, just so Banshee can win for that scene! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I thought the head in the field was the decapitated Welsh chap????

Reckon the watch that fell off the bedside table will resurface and raise questions on Jason's whereabouts.

Wonder will we some background/history on Clay Burton. He is rising up the weirdo scale!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I thought the head in the field was the decapitated Welsh chap????

It was.

By bad then! That means the kid could still be alive as it only looked like Proctor is just torturing him, though why he'd choose to torture him rather than kill him after all the troubel he's gone to is hard to know. Perhaps he has twigged that the story between the kid and Hood isn't as clear cut as it looks and that the kid knows something about Hood that Proctor can use to his advantage later. The more I think about it, the more it seems like Proctor used his niece as bait to grab the kid. That could have been the meaning of the 'You're either with us or against us' line, or something like that. It sounds like she was in on it but not really a willing volunteer, or else was at first but actually likes the kid and wasn't happy with how things went down later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

That was Clay Burton getting tortured, he looked to be thinking back to some time when being tortured at Kai's hands or somebody else's.

Either way, the kid is most certainly dead, you could see the piano wire cutting into his throat deep, plus the whole scene with the room being "cleaned" was to cover up the murder.

My bad again! Yeah it makes sens the kid is dead. It really seems like a needless killing though. A beating would have sufficed and the kids was on his way out of town anyway. Heck, he'd even been warned the niece was trouble so he could have hardly complained! I don't think Hood would have been too bothered about a beating either.

• Advertisement

Hood may have beat him himself for sleeping with Kai's niece.

squonk wrote: »
    After this episode, there definitely should be a new Golden Globe category made for most innovative use of a truck in a 2014 TV series, just so Banshee can win for that scene! :)
    it defied physics, the trailer was 50 foot long and the boys were fighting 6 foot from the car, the trailer came at them sideways, yet the car with the kids inside was unharmed**

**sorry had to get that out

yeah there seems to be some some kind of incestuous vibe coming off their relationship, but kai seems more into his african americans,

killing the kid was completely unnecessary and seemed like it was done for the sake of it, as they cant think of any other way hood and proctor would come to blows,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

intended typo? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

the women are smoking hot.

reminds me a lot of justified

Raylan Givens would have just shot the guy when he was sitting on the car.

Then we would never have got that decapitation by jackknifing lorry :D

Justifed and Banshee really do have that old cowboy wildwest feel to them alright.

I might have to watch Justifed if people are comparing it to this.

Mr Freeze wrote: »

you won't be disappointed

excellent show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Justified is a lot better, but Banshee has a special place as best 'utterly ludicrous' show on TV at the moment.

Justified is a lot better, but Banshee has a special place as best 'utterly ludicrous' show on TV at the moment.

ya I was going to say

justified is better quality tv

banshee better on 'wimmin' and action

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Does anyone else find the Asian guy annoying and superfluous to where the show is going, all he seems to do is pop up every other episode insult everybody in sight then disappear again. He actually takes me out of any episode he appears in he is so incongruent to the story lines that actually matter to me ie. kai vs the natives, Hood vs Kai, Hood vs giant Indian guy.

I'm hoping the fact they seem to be killing off anyone who knows hoods true identity means this particular storyline will end this season with the death of Rabbit and he can just become a small town sheriff who attracts as much trouble as he does tail.

• Advertisement

Does anyone else find the Asian guy annoying

I like him, they're should be more of him to be honest.

Does anyone else find the Asian guy annoying and superfluous to where the show is going

yes agree

Does anyone else find the Asian guy annoying .

Definitely not! He's got some of the most outrageous lines on the show! HIs insults are great and he's just a straight up pragmatic badass! I wish he was around more, and now he's back from NY, let's hope that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Plus he voices Splinter in the new TMNT series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭token56

Based on this thread I'm just after watching the show in bulk and I was not let down. Really enjoyed the first season. I think this season has been a bit more of a slow burner but still thoroughly enjoyable.

Suppose I will have to go give Justified a watch now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Is there an ep this week? Lots of shows have not been on over the last two weeks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Temaz wrote: »
    Is there an ep this week? Lots of shows have not been on over the last two weeks,

Looks like it is on, season 2 episode 7

Ways to Bury a Man

Summary.
    Lucas attempts to bring down Proctor's ecstasy operation by rattling the regulars and dancers at the Savoy strip club; Carrie, Deva and Gordon unite over a family crisis; and Alex receives a no-confidence vote at tribal council. Meanwhile, Job exhibits an explosive side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Watched a few episodes of Justified after this thread, it's very decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

All out war for the rest of the season. Can't see Sugar surviving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

"You gonna give us enough time to get away?"
    "You think we're just gonna light a long fuse and run? This ain't a fuckin' roadrunner cartoon."

Great fun that episode. Set up nicely for the last few.

Advertisement