Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banshee (Cinemax) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Cracking season.
    As said earlier, it wasn't as focused as the first season and it was messy in places, but there were some amazing moments in it.
    The best thing about this show is that it knows it's strengths and plays to them perfectly.

The "hero" scene in the church was near ludicrous, and brilliant. Bringing a knife to a gunfight x10!
    Anthony Starr is a long way from being a great actor, but he's got the role nailed.

It's a pity the debt collector was only in one episode, he could have been a good antagonist for a few.

Roll on season 3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Mc Love wrote: »
    Jeeez that scene with proctor and the niece!

twisted...both of them, they should just get it over with now.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Thought the season was good and they don't seem afraid of killing off a lot of characters which is a good thing. Without the whole Ukrainian/Russia mafia thing next season the world of the show may just seem a little smaller. I guess if he's in a long term relationship we won't see Hood banging loads of chicks next season either.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I enjoyed the season but I must admit the final episode was a bit of a let down. That scene with proctor was just way to creepy.

Season 3 should really kick on now with a mayhem and killing and
    incest
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

love the show

wasn't too gone on the finale shootout nonsense

plenty of potential going forward though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Shame those nazi fcuks had to go and kill Emmett and his wife. Didn't like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

I loved this season. I preferred it to the first season because I felt the first one had too many slo-mo episodes and dragged its heels quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

titan18 wrote: »
    Shame those nazi fcuks had to go and kill Emmett and his wife. Didn't like that

You could almost see it coming though when they were like, I think this will turn out to be a good move!

That mad indian dude is going to cause some amount of havoc for Proctor I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i must say they know how the switch the dynamics of the show, plenty of characters dead,

the FBI will be onto hood soon methinks, the shootout was good, but i felt it could have been better (they really spoiled us in season 1 :D ), glad to see the rabbit storyline put to rest, unless more of annas relations are hiding about the place,

i didnt like that they killed emmett, i kinda suspected one of hoods friends would die, but i would have thought it would be Siobhan or sugar,

fair play to rebecca taking to the family business so well, i was wondering for a while where her allegiances lie and they lie with proctor but she also doesnt like the way he does business at times either, i could nearly see her doing her own thing in a season or 2 and go against uncle Kai,

i must say though i didnt think they done a great job with proctor this season, he was such a good bad guy last year i thought they would have went a bit more into his characters past, how he got started and have him been more brutal in his business dealings, but i suppose theres always next season :D

weird that he indian man mountain heading to new orleans after he said he was coming for hood, should be interesting,

all in all a good solid second season, i think they should dial back some of the beautifully shot montages to the slow music stuff, but a good season that will be bringing me back for more,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

The church scene visually was impressive, Matrix like with the slo-mo a bits flying everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

wow, job shines this season ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

As season finales go I thought it was pretty great tbh, it started a bit slow but once it got going it was excellent, this show is my favourite "leave your brain at the door and just enjoy" thing on at the moment, you cant take it too seriously obviously but it is great fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭squonk

I liked the finalé also. I think it was obvious enough there was going to be an apic shootout coming when they decided to take out Rabbit. I loved the little bit on the opening credits with the white rabbit and the girl wearing the mask shooting him!

I kind of liked Fat Al showing up just in time to save the day. I think it was obvious it was going to happen at that point or else there wasn't going to be a Hoot & Carrie around for a Season 3.

I thought Rabbit's death was well handled. He was bang on the money about such a bench being in Hood's future. Live by the sword, die by the sword and all that.

Very sad to see Emmet go down like that along with his wife. After the awesomness of the Rabbit shootout, it was just a reminder of how downright nasty the show can be at times. Speaking of nasty, lets not forget Proctor and Rebecca. Ickyest moment yet in that particular relationship.

I thought Proctor would have been more displeased with Rebecca. I know Alex was a bit of a pain but he was a known quantity who Kai had a half decent working relationship with. As things turned out, the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. I'd say the Indian Giant will be a real talking point for next season!

Overall I didn't enjoy Season 2 as much as Season 1. It wasn't as focused and not quite as gritty yet, when all is said and done, it delivered just the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

squonk wrote: »
    I liked the finalé also. I think it was obvious enough there was going to be an apic shootout coming when they decided to take out Rabbit. I loved the little bit on the opening credits with the white rabbit and the girl wearing the mask shooting him!

I kind of liked Fat Al showing up just in time to save the day. I think it was obvious it was going to happen at that point or else there wasn't going to be a Hoot & Carrie around for a Season 3.

I thought Rabbit's death was well handled. He was bang on the money about such a bench being in Hood's future. Live by the sword, die by the sword and all that.

Very sad to see Emmet go down like that along with his wife. After the awesomness of the Rabbit shootout, it was just a reminder of how downright nasty the show can be at times. Speaking of nasty, lets not forget Proctor and Rebecca. Ickyest moment yet in that particular relationship.

I thought Proctor would have been more displeased with Rebecca. I know Alex was a bit of a pain but he was a known quantity who Kai had a half decent working relationship with. As things turned out, the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. I'd say the Indian Giant will be a real talking point for next season!

Overall I didn't enjoy Season 2 as much as Season 1. It wasn't as focused and not quite as gritty yet, when all is said and done, it delivered just the same!

But Alex was all set to testify against Proctor, and go into business with Rebecca..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Dont suppose anyone has any idea when season 2 will be showing on TV. Finished season 1 a while back and I am looking forward to starting season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

budhabob wrote: »
    Dont suppose anyone has any idea when season 2 will be showing on TV. Finished season 1 a while back and I am looking forward to starting season 2.

No date set yet, rumoured to be July.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭squonk

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    But Alex was all set to testify against Proctor, and go into business with Rebecca..

Yeah, true but Proctor is such a sneaky fúck that I'd figured there'd be an 11th hour deal there or that Rebecca was going to get into some serious ****e for that. Proctor isn't beyond shafting someone if it's in his interest so I took the Alex plot development with a grain of salt. All's fair in love and war etc. I didn't see Alex's death coming though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I thought it was a good finale.

I was wondering how they were going to show both the Rabbit storyline and the Banshee/Proctor storyline, I didn't expect them to relegate the Banshee town stuff to a few minutes. Seemed odd.

The Rabbit storyline looks to have a thread left open though, as in the FBI guy could do some snooping.

Looks to be well set up for Season 3, Proctor will be in trouble the giant Indian and Hood in the middle.

Poor Emmett, didn't like that at all, as soon as he was shown, we all knew it was curtains, them Nazi's will have to be dealt with too next season.

Overall, it was a good season, agree with what others said that it was a bit unfocused, but I still really enjoyed and season 3 is set up nicely.

Killing Alex, that was ridiculously bloody, the whole Rebecca/Proctor thing is hard to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

How many lives has Hood lived? The piece about "soldier boy" is a door to be opened in another series. The town of Banshee is obviously integral to the series but the writers are not beholden to it, so they are not afraid of leaving it to explore new avenues a la NYC. By getting a 3rd season the writers can now hopefully plan longer term.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Enjoyed season 2, as OTT as expected, mad as a bag of badgers!

Did anyone else think it got very religiously/philosophically themed in the last few episodes?
    I know its always been a factor (Amish) but just wondering if it's a pointer to future seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Cast Iron wrote: »
    Enjoyed season 2, as OTT as expected, mad as a bag of badgers!

Did anyone else think it got very religiously/philosophically themed in the last few episodes?
    I know its always been a factor (Amish) but just wondering if it's a pointer to future seasons.

I think that was only because of the uncle being a priest so the storyline involved alot of religious tones

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Mc Love wrote: »
    I think that was only because of the uncle being a priest so the storyline involved alot of religious tones

Yea that was the real in your face stuff but there were other parts like Kai Proctors secret praying area, Proctors mothers comments visiting him in prison, Hood and Emmets talk in the Cadi...even going back to the young Indian girls murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Everyone is dead, all nicely and neatly ended. Has me wondering if what the angle will be in the 3rd season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

the_syco wrote: »
    Everyone is dead, all nicely and neatly ended. Has me wondering if what the angle will be in the 3rd season.
    theyll probably go into hoods background a bit more, all we knew about him so far was from when he first met rabbit, but he clearly had some kind of reputation before he met rabbit that they had been teasing in the last 2-3 episodes,

rachel killed the head of the indians, and kai wont be happy about how hes been treated either, himself and hood still have to have a showdown, but i cant see that happening till the very end of the show, probably season 4-5, cant see the show getting past 5 seasons,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

don ramo wrote: »
    theyll probably go into hoods background a bit more, all we knew about him so far was from when he first met rabbit, but he clearly had some kind of reputation before he met rabbit that they had been teasing in the last 2-3 episodes,

rachel killed the head of the indians, and kai wont be happy about how hes been treated either, himself and hood still have to have a showdown, but i cant see that happening till the very end of the show, probably season 4-5, cant see the show getting past 5 seasons,

I hope it doesn't. The pace is one of the things that keeps the show going. 4 seasons would be very tidy. Splitting the conflict with Kai & some back story for Hood over the two seasons.

Jaysus that finale was really good. The drama in the church was so OTT, and I absolutely loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watched the 20 episodes over the last 2 weeks and I'm kicking myself for waiting this long. What a fantastic show. Season 3 is going to be more of the same (minus Rabbit) and that's fine by me. It would have been nice if his brother had survived the church somehow and factored into season 3.

After reading through the last few pages, I'm surprised that nobody picked up on Ana's polaroid in the title sequence (normally she blinks but in the finale title sequence, she didn't open her eyes). Thank god it was more symbolic of closing out her old life (rather than being killed off).

Fun show. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Mr E wrote: »
    I watched the 20 episodes over the last 2 weeks and I'm kicking myself for waiting this long. What a fantastic show. Season 3 is going to be more of the same (minus Rabbit) and that's fine by me. It would have been nice if his brother had survived the church somehow and factored into season 3.

After reading through the last few pages, I'm surprised that nobody picked up on Ana's polaroid in the title sequence (normally she blinks but in the finale title sequence, she didn't open her eyes). Thank god it was more symbolic of closing out her old life (rather than being killed off).

Fun show. :)
    The credit sequence is a bit of an ARG. Changes from week to week. has hiddn codes etc. Never bothered to follow it up or read into it but there is some info in there if you look hard enough.

Also, have you been watching until after ALL the credits? Usually sets up the next episode.

• Advertisement

Advertisement