Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom ncd fibre roll out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jjspine

SeaSide wrote: »
    From: http://www.businesspost.ie/#!story/Home/News/A+complete+guide+to+Eircom's+new+fibre+broadband/id/19410615-5218-5194-a339-abcec8078601

FULL LIST OF LOCATIONS FOR INITIAL FIBRE BROADBAND ROLLOUT
    Note: this is the initial upgraded area list that gets to 300,000 premises - the list will expand over coming months to eventually reach 1.2 million premises.
    Dublin
    Dundrum, Priory Park, Sandyford, Ballyboden, Donabate, Palmerstown, Swords, Tallaght, Belcamp, Dun Laoghaire, Rochestown, Coolock

Im in balrothery and they said im on the balbriggan exchange and they told me that next week i can get it also just in case this is useful to anyone.

mind you its not on this list so wouldnt take it as gospel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭10belowzero

I'm going out to cut the grass - the excitement has me gone gone all wobbly.

Right my grass is cut(with nice stripe's) where was I.
    Sword's , why does Sword's get everthing first - there's a secret society in the back room of the Cock Tavern or that Lord Mayor's , worse still maybe techno warrior's from the ruin's of Ryan's are abroad , aye we'll wait here in Rush/Lusk , maybe even them up in Skerries (apart from the one's in the cricket club), but we'll get fast soon , just you wait n see Swordies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Johnggl

Thanks 10below for all your posts. Anyword on Golden Ridge yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

Right my grass is cut(with nice stripe's) where was I.
    Sword's , why does Sword's get everthing first - there's a secret society in the back room of the Cock Tavern or that Lord Mayor's , worse still maybe techno warrior's from the ruin's of Ryan's are abroad , aye we'll wait here in Rush/Lusk , maybe even them up in Skerries (apart from the one's in the cricket club), but we'll get fast soon , just you wait n see Swordies.

You cut your grass at that time? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Bsal

Has anyone been contacted by Eircom to arrange a time to get setup yet? Im in Swords and haven't yet, I can't wait any longer :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I know of one right oddball that lives up there, I can call him a f*****g weirdo, because I doubt he'll ever see this post ;)

Banned! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

I'm going out to cut the grass - the excitement has me gone gone all wobbly.
    Was out for a walk today with the baby and saw a K&N networks van parked in the second entrance into Goldenridge so maybe they are starting although didnt see anyone at the cabinets when I walked by.

tbh - I hardly ever read this thread as I spend every bleedin' day working on the Swiss fibre roll-out (from an IT systems POV). The last thing I want to do in my spare time is be thinking about it in my spare time.

Anyway, I believe that I'm only a couple of meters from the new fibre cab going in here in the Hills. Bring it on! If I get good reliable connectivity I may be able to work from home a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

Just saw a second VDSL cabinet being installed in Finglas area - it is at junction of Ballygall Road East and Hillcrest Park and already mapped. There is no fibre or copper installed yet. Hopefully we will see a lot more activity in the area very soon.

The cabinet seems to contain power supply with batteries, fibre device, router type device and copper termination blocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Banned! :)

And what makes you think I was referring to you? Sure the hills are full of oddballs :p

PS. have a nice weekend if yer home.

Any news on Golden Ridge getting that sinking feeling we are going to be left high and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Interactive map now online ...
    http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Interactive map now online ...
    http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Anyone in Balrothery/Balbriggan switched on yet?

Gonna ring Magnet now and see can we "fire her up".... :D

EDIT : Said the cabinet (in Rosepark) isn't up and running yet, and they reckon it will be live on the 2nd June, they did say that the Balbriggan exchange is live though so lucky anyone who lives up in the town, again, not so lucky us out of towners.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bmurphy8177

Psygnosis wrote: »
    Any news on Golden Ridge getting that sinking feeling we are going to be left high and dry.

Isn't that always the way anyway?

Hopefully though there will be some good news soon in regard to the Fibre rollout in the Ridge.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Anyone in Balrothery/Balbriggan switched on yet?

Gonna ring Magnet now and see can we "fire her up".... :D

EDIT : Said the cabinet (in Rosepark) isn't up and running yet, and they reckon it will be live on the 2nd June, they did say that the Balbriggan exchange is live though so lucky anyone who lives up in the town, again, not so lucky us out of towners.... :(

Ye i got the same as im also in balrothery. Damn !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭BowWow

BowWow wrote: »
    Also live in Sutton, spoke to man connecting power to box at start Sutton Park last week and he said 5 weeks from then - so hopefully only 4 weeks now.

ESB "Cherry Picker" working on Sutton Park boxes this morning.

jjspine wrote: »
    Ye i got the same as im also in balrothery. Damn !!

I switched to Magnet about 2 months ago as our Eircom was constantly dropping speeds, sometimes it would go as low as 10k, since we moved to magnet we are *slightly* faster than what we got from Eircom on full pelt...

Where are you roughly JJ?

I am in Ringfort, according to the map there appears to be 2 cabs, one in Balruddery Fields and one outside Rosepark...

Suppose we will have to wait til 2nd June and see what happens...

I switched to Magnet about 2 months ago as our Eircom was constantly dropping speeds, sometimes it would go as low as 10k, since we moved to magnet we are *slightly* faster than what we got from Eircom on full pelt...

I am in Ringfort, according to the map there appears to be 2 cabs, one in Balruddery Fields and one outside Rosepark...

Im just at the start to rosepark very close to the cab within 50 meters so hopefully come june 2nd ill be laughing its been to long since i had a decent speed !!!

jjspine wrote: »
    Im just at the start to rosepark very close to the cab within 50 meters so hopefully come june 2nd ill be laughing its been to long since i had a decent speed !!!

Tell me about it, it's like the dark ages!

I left 50mb in Santry in my mams when I moved here first bout 2 years ago, I was up in the town for a year or so getting 12mbps, then moved to Balrothery to a whopping 4mbps!

Are you on Eircom as a matter of interest?

With all the Eircom hassle I had the last while (line drops, router changing etc etc) we left them and joined Magnet, unlimited download and upload is fantastic for the same money as Eircom, it seems to be solid so far (one or two teething problems setting up but one phone call and it was sorted) and I can't wait for the Fat Pipe fibre....

• Advertisement

Tell me about it, it's like the dark ages!

I left 50mb in Santry in my mams when I moved here first bout 2 years ago, I was up in the town for a year or so getting 12mbps, then moved to Balrothery to a whopping 4mbps!

Are you on Eircom as a matter of interest?

With all the Eircom hassle I had the last while (line drops, router changing etc etc) we left them and joined Magnet, unlimited download and upload is fantastic for the same money as Eircom, it seems to be solid so far (one or two teething problems setting up but one phone call and it was sorted) and I can't wait for the Fat Pipe fibre....

Ye i had 50mb upc god i miss those days !! Ye im on eircom getting 4mb but its consistent and i havent had to many issues apart from the fact its so slow downloading takes forever !! TBH i had given up hope until 2 or 3 months ago i heard about the fibre !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭MMAGirl

Seems like only certain parts of exchanges have gone live.

It seems the cabinet at lispopple cross is not enabled yet either even though Ita on the swords exchange. Or the one at Leah's cross.
    So no efibre for those people.

So the big day has come - ( missed a lot , was away over the weekend , with no b/band or pc's in sight).
    I just would not like to be a customer service rep in any of the comm's company's call centres this week - it must be Bedlam.
    There are bound to be teething problem's - a lot of these system's used by call centres are developed by people with no customer service knowledge , even less knowledge of human nature and not even the remotest contact with planet earth, which make's call centres the world over , the curse and bain of every day living, although they are a marvellous cure for low blood pressure.
    Khannie , it's the vdsl cab that is nearest you that will make the difference.
    Psygnosis , will try to find out more this week , but there are a few in Balbriggan , Lusk and Rush to be done.
    Afaik all the cab's in Sword's are done and live (every cab's has to be done before an area can go live).I know how you feel hill billy - glad to hear the cab up there is done.

The cab in The Hills isn't done yet. I had an eircom engineer up on Friday as we've been having connectivity problems. He was saying that the cab is due to go in soon & only around 30m away from the house, so looking forward to decent speeds in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Map is incorrect, it's Balruddery Woods not the Fields.

June is very optimistic lads. I reckon it'll be the end of the summer.

According to the http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/ - May /June 2013 - for Balbriggan.
    July/Dec 2013 for Rush/Lusk as well as Skerries/Ashbourne/Sutton/Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

According to the http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/ - May /June 2013 - for Balbriggan.
    July/Dec 2013 for Rush/Lusk as well as Skerries/Ashbourne/Sutton/Finglas.

Yeah was just looking at that, eircom have updated the 'find out if efibre is available to you' search, which makes it more useful for us country folk without house number/street addresses, too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Psygnosis wrote: »

K&N are digging what looks like foundations at the entrance to Golden Ridge this morning.

Edit: Looks more like a trench now!

The entrance closest to the cricket club.

Hang in there!

Drove in the second entrance after work and didnt notice any thing must take a walk tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Psygnosis they were doing prep work for the cab there , their was 10 fibre crews working in Rush today, just did't have time to talk to them apart from they are not getting a minute - the speed they work at is massive , mucho respect - they don't wait to be told , they just Do.
    New cab in place in Remont Farm est (also serve's the Forge Est)in Lusk - was up in Skerries for a minute , the Downside cab done , don't think because the hype of the launch that work on the ground is fading, it ain't.
    Install's start this Thursday officially(if your company give you a time for an appt - BE THERE - install guy's will not wait).

Advertisement