Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom ncd fibre roll out

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭10belowzero

SmallBalls their is that one and the 2 in Golden Ridge(which crew's are working on this weekend- traffic etc) to be done and then Rush will be totally completed for the Moment.
    There are 6 still to be done in Lusk , Lusk Village 2 , Orlynn park 1 , Minister's Rd 1, Glenn Ribh 1 and the cab beside the Top Shop which is the biggest in Lusk. Lusk will then be completed - the cab's in Chapel Farm + Dun Emer have now been comissioned afaik.
    Skerries - there is so much going on up there I just can't keep track , there are crew's doing the power , dslam's , odf's , splicing fibre, doing cable rack's , air conditioning, mdf work, and that's just in the exch , I know 6 fibre crews are working on the ground ,and that's leaving out what the contractor's are up too.
    So like I said , the hype of the launch is over, but from what I see on the ground the crews are just laying in to the work(they are a credit to the company),eg was in Skerries exch the other morning at 8.20am , they were on site and splicing fibre since 6 that morning, not being corny , they just keep going at the work and looking at them splicing the fibre cable's - they are meticulous in making every splice and connection- it really is great to see.
    So we are getting there ,, gawd can't wait , and I promise I'll never go near Jet's again (or Lord Johns) again in order to keep ye all posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

[QUOTE=10belowzero;84783972The fibre actually run's thru Lambay View to get to St Catherine's - yes Neil Sedaka - inche's from your door.
    [/QUOTE]

Not sure I understand this, will I not be connected to the nearest cab (Palmer Rd or St. Catherines) or will it branch off into my hallway as it passes?

Sorry about the sore head, it's worth doing every so often though, gotta live sometimes :)

Lambay View is served off St Catherine's ccp and will hopefully see better than the 1mb average there now- I hope your one of the first connected N.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PhilMcGee

Which cabinets are left to be done on the swords exchange.
    Any idea when they are to be done?

[HTML]Quote:
    Originally Posted by 10belowzero
    All I know(I cannot name the specific companies) is that some major element's of the comm's world did complain to Comreg - The result is that Comreg have ordered Eircom to confine all new E Fibre installation's to within normal business hour's,which mean's no installation's after 16.00 hrs during the working week or at weekend's or that Eircom cannot pay their technical staff a dividend to do install work on their own time till mid August.
    The installation regulation will be reviewed then - this does not affect the E Fibre roll out , just installation's at customer's home's or premisis.
    Crazy stuff I know - but Eircom is the only company regulated by Comreg - afaik.
    From a competition point of view, what would this achieve? It seems a bit nuts to me.[/HTML]

Thank's for your vist Solair, I have great respect for Solair's knowledge view's and opinion's on all thing's Comm's , broadband ,etc.
    Solair I agree, it make's no sence to us on the ground, seeing as so many area's are going to go Live in the next while, and we could of being working evening's (during bright evening's)sat and sunday's(to suit all who work/couple's working etc etc).
    ALL I know is that 2 major TV corporation's complained to Comreg that the E Fire roll out was happening too quickly and that it gave Eircom an unfair advantage in the market place-the result is that Comreg have decreed that Eircom cannot allow it's customer service team's (that do the install's) to operate outside the hour's of 08.30/1700 hrs mon/fri - sat or sun.
    There is talk some of the contractor's might be allowed to do install's outside normal business hour's, but I can't confirm this at the present.
    Yes it is nut's - but hey seasoned Eircom Tech's like myself just go meh - and get on with it.
    Am going to try and do 2 post's this week that I have never really talked much about , Split Line's(carriers as we call them) and business comms issue's(I'm not an IT or Network Comm's guru)-I know a little bit ,, 10

• Advertisement

Phil - I was actually surprised to hear there was 2/3 cab's with issue's in Swords, you better believe that they are getting sorted asap , sharpish.
    The cab you are talking at Lispopple Cross was I thought working ,it serves that area as well as Rollerstown.
    But Swords is a 99.5% completed and install's happening there since thurday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭arctan

that Eircom cannot pay their technical staff a dividend to do install work on their own time till mid August.

I thought that argument was strange seen as the apprentices are on an 8-8 Mon to Sun contract

Phil - I was actually surprised to hear there was 2/3 cab's with issue's in Swords, you better believe that they are getting sorted asap , sharpish.
    The cab you are talking at Lispopple Cross was I thought working ,it serves that area as well as Rollerstown.
    But Swords is a 99.5% completed and install's happening there since thurday.

Thanks for that 10below

Nobody i know around rolestown village/lispopple can get efibre at all.
    Some people on balcultry can get it, but they are on the leas cross cab.
    Eircom just say exchange not enabled.
    If you hear anything else please let us know.
    You are tthe only one we can get info from.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eggman99

Just wondering when Enniscorthy will go live. It looks like all the cabinets are in?

Phil when you talk about the leas cross do you mean the cab at knocksedan bridge?.
    Egg Enniscorthy will be live sooner than you think , seen it's go live date some where but can't place it at the moment will let you know when I find out.

• Advertisement

Phil when you talk about the leas cross do you mean the cab at knocksedan bridge?.
    Egg Enniscorthy will be live sooner than you think , seen it's go live date some where but can't place it at the moment will let you know when I find out.

It could be the one at knocksedan.
    I thought there was another at leas cross though I have never seen it.
    Anyone further from Swords though than the lispopple cross cant get fibre.
    Even if you look up the database on eircoms website and put in "rolestown", "lispopple" or "oakhill" you get nothing back either.
    The one and only address that comes up is " ROLESTOWN HOUSE LISPOPPLE, SWORDS"and that can get broadband, but not one other address in the area can get it. And Rolestown house is miles further towards meath.
    Even if you put the number of the school or the church into the checker it says no.
    Then "THE RATH ROWLESTOWN KILSALLAGHAN, SWORDS" comes up and says you can get fibre but my friend who lives there put in his number and he cant get it.
    Its like the address says you can get it but when you phone Eircom they tell you you cant get it.

Thanks for your help on this as Eircom wont tell anybody anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

thesteve wrote: »
    Someone on another thread just posted this about magnet :(

https://www.magnet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Magnet-Traffic-Management-Protection-Policy.pdf

Traffic Management Details
    If a customer uses more than 4Gb during peak hours we will slow the speed of their
    connection to 1Mbps to all internet sites except the following:
     Netflix
     Youtube
     AerTV
     Spotify
     Facebook
     RTE Player
     TV3 Player

Peak Hours: Between 4pm and 1am.

Jesus H.

That's actually disgraceful. I am with Magnet. I switched about 6 weeks ago. Here are the troubles I have had so far:

Sunday evenings are always horrific - 1.3Mbps - 4Mbps on my 17Mbps line. It never varies. They clearly haven't bought enough bandwidth.

The router comes with no username / password so they need to be called if you want to open any ports for games etc.

This is the kicker - They didn't port me for phone, so I got a ridiculous bill from vodafone for phone only for the month. It wasn't a small bill either. Magnet had said I would get basically everything for 65 euro for the month. I got a 55 euro bill from vodafone for phone calls for the month (not vodafones fault).

Overall, very, very poor from them. I negotiated with them on contract length when switching and I will be OUT THE DOOR as soon as my 3 months free are up. They are a disgrace. I am very sorry that I switched from vodafone (vodafone, you can quote me on that). Will probably go to eircom when I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

Khannie wrote: »
    Jesus H.

That's actually disgraceful. I am with Magnet. I switched about 6 weeks ago. Here are the troubles I have had so far:

Sunday evenings are always horrific - 1.3Mbps - 4Mbps on my 17Mbps line. It never varies. They clearly haven't bought enough bandwidth.

The router comes with no username / password so they need to be called if you want to open any ports for games etc.

This is the kicker - They didn't port me for phone, so I got a ridiculous bill from vodafone for phone only for the month. It wasn't a small bill either. Magnet had said I would get basically everything for 65 euro for the month. I got a 55 euro bill from vodafone for phone calls for the month (not vodafones fault).

Overall, very, very poor from them. I negotiated with them on contract length when switching and I will be OUT THE DOOR as soon as my 3 months free are up. They are a disgrace. I am very sorry that I switched from vodafone (vodafone, you can quote me on that). Will probably go to eircom when I can.

Don't go signing vodafone praises just so readily remember my spat and their ignorance to my concerns.
    My move to eircom is smooth and buttery, took 3 support called to get my lin right and rock solid ever since.

Anyway bring on Rush exchange go live. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Ah yes, I forgot about that. Yeah, I think I'll probably move to eircom when the time comes.

More works being carried out at the second entrance to Golden Ridge today.
    Eircom crew doing some type of cable work in the manhole nearby on the footpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭MMAGirl

Well there you have it folks. If the line takes a winding path to your house an is 1km long or more, you will never get fttc.
    So people who are in no broadband land will be staying in no broadband land.

Straight from the horses mouth.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056957825/1/#post84805873

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

They might be able to launch ADSL from the cab. Rule of thumb is that the cable distance is about 1.3 times the straight distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jjspine

Got an appointment on balrothery for the 13th of June so the cab must be finally ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

jjspine wrote: »
    Got an appointment on balrothery for the 13th of June so the cab must be finally ready to go.

Do you mind me asking who with? There is only one cabinet ready to go in Balrothery and that is in Balruddery Woods.

dubmick wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking who with? There is only one cabinet ready to go in Balrothery and that is in Balruddery Woods.

Ye ordered with eircom third time lucky as the previous times i was on i was told that the cab beside me was going live on the 2nd of june. this could still be the case they may just be lining people up for installs knowing the live date

• Advertisement

Eircom crews working all around Rush today, vans and engineers everywhere!
    Looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DezoLord

Yup. They are working near Tesco's and at the building where Xtra-Vision used to be at the traffic lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

No news on Goldenridge as of yet went for a walk around the cabs today and no work being carried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

Psygnosis wrote: »
    No news on Goldenridge as of yet went for a walk around the cabs today and no work being carried out.

Eircom were doing cable work there again today in the manhole (same as Monday) keep the faith ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Strange ...
    Checked my phone number last week on the ericom checker and got message stating I could get fibre
    Check again today, says not active and Balbriggan is July-December 2013, but yet the map says May-June :confused:

10below, do you have any info about Balbriggan roll out ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

So would it be safe to safe, if my max attenable rate went from
    Down Up
    SNR (dB): 3.5 18.0
    Attn(dB): 46.0 30.0
    Pwr(dBm): 19.7 11.9
    Max(Kbps): 7808 984
    Rate (Kbps): 7168 512

to

Down Up
    SNR (dB): 6.7 18.0
    Attn(dB): 46.0 30.0
    Pwr(dBm): 19.7 11.9
    Max(Kbps): 8864 984
    Rate (Kbps): 7168 512

Something changed somewhere. Oh the excitement. Im in brookford Rush by the wat

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Strange ...
    Checked my phone number last week on the ericom checker and got message stating I could get fibre
    Check again today, says not active and Balbriggan is July-December 2013, but yet the map says May-June :confused:

10below, do you have any info about Balbriggan roll out ?
    Thanks

Im getting the same as you when i put my number in mate and im in balrothery which is on the balbriggan exchange but i have an appointment with eircom for the 13th of june in the AM so i would put to much into the number checker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

I would imagine it is do to with whether your cabinet is commissioned or not. Nearly half of Balbriggan exchange is already so they are ready to go from the 2nd of June.

• Advertisement

We were told that on the Swords exchange, but where i am it may never be enabled. Very annoying.

Advertisement