Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom ncd fibre roll out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭lordarpad

anybody have an update for Raheny?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Little H

Below zero,
    This may have been asked before so apologies but with the fibre upgrade, are there any changes required to the old copper lines that run up and into the house?
    If a house has a poor quality line from the street into the house, is it possible to get eircom or kn networks to upgrade it? Would it make a difference?

Currently the Loughshinny service is very poor as we are at the very end of the skerries exchange. Will the new fine cabinet give Loughshinny residents the same speeds as skerries?

In Loughshinny and getting max 750kbs so am DYING for better speeds. No cable, no line of site options and 4g won't work (well no where near the speeds is meant to provide) in Loughshinny given the distance from all the masts so this fibre upgrade is the only option available.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PhilMcGee

Little H wrote: »
    Below zero,
    This may have been asked before so apologies but with the fibre upgrade, are there any changes required to the old copper lines that run up and into the house?
    If a house has a poor quality line from the street into the house, is it possible to get eircom or kn networks to upgrade it? Would it make a difference?

Currently the Loughshinny service is very poor as we are at the very end of the skerries exchange. Will the new fine cabinet give Loughshinny residents the same speeds as skerries?

In Loughshinny and getting max 750kbs so am DYING for better speeds. No cable, no line of site options and 4g won't work (well no where near the speeds is meant to provide) in Loughshinny given the distance from all the masts so this fibre upgrade is the only option available.

Not if the Swords exchange experience has anything to do with it.
    I think you will be as out of luck as the rest of us who are in the BB badlands in parts of Dublin.
    See the thread about it in "talk to eircom"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

I see the Golden Ridge cabinets have now been marked with yellow paint, hope it happens this week.

Also 10belowzero's account has been closed hope he was'nt forced into this by Eircom as he provides very valuable information for posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Psygnosis wrote: »
    Also 10belowzero's account has been closed hope he was'nt forced into this by Eircom as he provides very valuable information for posters.

Noticed that...

I hope they didn't but you can be nearly guaranteed that was the case...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sh1te. :(

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

10belowzero's account has been closed

Lock the thread :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

COULD 10belowzero's Come back as well 8 below or what ever.
    What a great amount of info she/he had.:D
    Come back

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nosnagaoithe

Hopefully 10belowzero is not in hot water with his employer - those updates were terrific to get. The information he was providing was hardly proprietary was it?

Hopefully 10belowzero is not in hot water with his employer - those updates were terrific to get. The information he was providing was hardly proprietary was it?

Every company is different in this regard, Eircom are fairly cosy with boards.ie and obviously pay for the "talk to".... section so you never know, all it would have taken is a quick ip check to know who was giving info out but as you say above - it's hardly proprietary information and most could find out by ringing Eircom themselves....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

10belowzero was actually instilling some confidence back into me about eircom, confidence that was long lost!

If you read this 10belowzero, hope everything is ok, stay well and thanks for all your help, you are missed!

Lads - I'm sure that he had his reasons for closing his account. It happens. Please stick to the topic & leave out the speculation.

Ta,

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

jjspine wrote: »
    Im getting the same as you when i put my number in mate and im in balrothery which is on the balbriggan exchange but i have an appointment with eircom for the 13th of june in the AM so i would put to much into the number checker

Roll on 13th to see how you get on.
    I called Eircom today to try set up a day of installation and they tell me Rosepark not switched on yet so cannot set up. I'll try again in few days as i do get different answers everytime i call...

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jjspine

Hallaz wrote: »
    Roll on 13th to see how you get on.
    I called Eircom today to try set up a day of installation and they tell me Rosepark not switched on yet so cannot set up. I'll try again in few days as i do get different answers everytime i call...

Really strange i even received my new account number yesterday along with a letter confirming my account change to fibre

Really strange i even received my new account number yesterday along with a letter confirming my account change to fibre

Can i ask are you in the estate or along the main road? I'm on balrothery inn side of main road. I told them other people are getting dates for installation in estate. She didn't budge on her stance that i can't get it...

Hallaz wrote: »
    Can i ask are you in the estate or along the main road? I'm on balrothery inn side of main road. I told them other people are getting dates for installation in estate. She didn't budge on her stance that i can't get it...

No im along the main road it took me at least 4 calls to eircom to get a date though !!!

No im along the main road it took me at least 4 calls to eircom to get a date though !!!

Just rang again, girl told me I can get it, great, she passed me across to check details with fibre dept. Guys says, no my house is not enabled for it yet. Explained again neighbour has installation date. He can't understand how..
    I'm in limbo until I see how it works out for you so fingers crossed!

Got an appointment on balrothery for the 13th of June so the cab must be finally ready to go.

Are you with Eircom JJ?

I am now getting the run around from Magnet having switched over to them a few weeks ago, we were due to have a tech install on Friday morning and they rang us today to say that "Eircom have not enabled the exchange in Rosepark"

Surely if you are getting it, then the exchange is enabled?

Sounds to me like Eircom are trying to have first swipe at the Fibre customers and all the third party lads (Magnet, Vodafone, BT etc) will have to wait a month or two until after, if that is the case I am going back to Eircom..... :rolleyes:

Fieldog wrote: »
    Are you with Eircom JJ?

I am now getting the run around from Magnet having switched over to them a few weeks ago, we were due to have a tech install on Friday morning and they rang us today to say that "Eircom have not enabled the exchange in Rosepark"

Surely if you are getting it, then the exchange is enabled?

Sounds to me like Eircom are trying to have first swipe at the Fibre customers and all the third party lads (Magnet, Vodafone, BT etc) will have to wait a month or two until after, if that is the case I am going back to Eircom..... :rolleyes:

Yes im currently with eircom and have an install date of the 13th of this month. Just saying earlier i even got a letter from them stating my new account number for when the install happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭dewindygap

Well Hill Billy, seems like our time has come or at least is arriving. Work started today on the new cab opposite Ardgillan today.

• Advertisement

Super! I'm back on Friday so if they are working in the afternoon I'll pop over & have a chat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Only cab commissioned so far in Balrothery is Balruddery Wood. Rose park is not commissioned and the one beside the school has not even been installed yet. Vodafone say that The Balbriggan exchange has not been enabled and Eircom are taking orders despite their map being change from June to July availability.

Frustrating.

dubmick wrote: »
    Only cab commissioned so far in Balrothery is Balruddery Wood. Rose park is not commissioned and the one beside the school has not even been installed yet. Vodafone say that The Balbriggan exchange has not been enabled and Eircom are taking orders despite their map being change from June to July availability.

Frustrating.

Should Be on the rosepark one as it's within300 metres of my door fingers crossed I don't get a phone call cancelling my appointment I'll be fierce pissed off ha Ha

Should Be on the rosepark one as it's within300 metres of my door fingers crossed I don't get a phone call cancelling my appointment I'll be fierce pissed off ha Ha

Hopefully you won't get cancelled, Magnet couldn't even give us a definitive date at all... I really don't know what to do now, wait it out with Magnet or ring Eircom and ask them what's the story.....

Hopefully you won't get cancelled, Magnet couldn't even give us a definitive date at all... I really don't know what to do now, wait it out with Magnet or ring Eircom and ask them what's the story.....

Was going to go with magnet only for the restrictions they have during peak times! !

Was going to go with magnet only for the restrictions they have during peak times! !

Saw that already alright, they assured me they wouldn't be enforcing it - I told them I wouldn't be abiding anyway and if they have an issue I'll go back to Eircom....

Saw that already alright, they assured me they wouldn't be enforcing it - I told them I wouldn't be abiding anyway and if they have an issue I'll go back to Eircom....

I Can't see them enforcing it either they told me anything over4gb and speed would be brought down to 1mb !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

hope you get sorted but the last I heard from an engineer was that it wasn't ready. Does the cab have a yellow sticker on it?

dubmick wrote: »
    hope you get sorted but the last I heard from an engineer was that it wasn't ready. Does the cab have a yellow sticker on it?

hold on i'll check.....

*15 seconds pass*

...hmmm nothing bar a small heavy duty not for peeling yellow square sticker with lightning bolt and 230v ac

Whats the verdict Doc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I see the Golden Ridge cabinets have now been marked with yellow paint, hope it happens this week.

Not sure if you around during the day, but for the last couple of days, eircom vans have been parked up near the second entrance and engineers are spending hours working in the manholes. Same last week!

Advertisement