Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom ncd fibre roll out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Saw a crew laying fibre on the Dublin road in Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

Have registered two days ago via net, Balrothery, today got a call from Eircom saying that efiber won't be available until 5th July on my location. Crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

Have registered two days ago via net, Balrothery, today got a call from Eircom saying that efiber won't be available until 5th July on my location. Crap.

I was told that too but have an installation date for 26th. I am however waiting on a call from them cancelling it until after 5th. I hope i'm at top of list rather than bottom of it. My Sky subscription is cancelling on 6th so i hope this softens the blow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Johnggl

Any word on golden ridge? Doesn't seem to be much movement at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

Pictured at Ballygall Road West near its junction with Beneavin Road in Finglas :)

258476.jpg

Left to right eircom fibre splitter cabinet ref CCP008, two ESB power cabinets for the cabinets on each side, eircom VDSL cabinet, Cable TV cabinet (UPC ?), three eircom PCP (primary connection point) copper cabinets and the ground on the right is marked out for a further ESB cabinet and another eircom VDSL cabinet.

Anybody find a bigger line-up ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Have just noticed that the expected delivery dates for efibre have changed on the eircom site.

They say that efibre will be ready in Skerries and Rush between July - September instead of July to December.

That's good news if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

They say that efibre will be ready in Skerries and Rush between July - September instead of July to December.

You'd miss 10below at times like this :(

Hallaz wrote: »
    Yeah I checked yesterday and told I was able to get it but went through to fibre sales and told, no not switched on until 5th July.

So that was yesterday, today I ring just because I like to collect eircom's customer service representatives names (never had the same one twice..) and i'm given a date of installation for 26th June.

fingers crossed

And fingers uncrossed.

I called today as I received no text message that it's still going ahead.
    My appointment has been cancelled due to 'technicians' issue and they are very sorry no one advised me. I was told someone would call me within next 48 hours to confirm a new date.
    I got the girl to check my number and our local cabinet is due to be enabled on 5 july and hence she twigged that's why I was cancelled for tomorrow.
    (still no yellow sticker on the box)

So check before making plans for installation date

Back to the end of the queue for me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jjspine

Hallaz wrote: »
    And fingers uncrossed.

I called today as I received no text message that it's still going ahead.
    My appointment has been cancelled due to 'technicians' issue and they are very sorry no one advised me. I was told someone would call me within next 48 hours to confirm a new date.
    I got the girl to check my number and our local cabinet is due to be enabled on 5 july and hence she twigged that's why I was cancelled for tomorrow.
    (still no yellow sticker on the box)

So check before making plans for installation date

Back to the end of the queue for me.....

Same thing that happened me for the last appointment they are a disaster !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

The regulator won't let them do any installs before July 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Whispers

Have been checking my number (I live in Lusk) nearly daily to in the vein hope that it might be available sooner than expected, but no joy.

But today a change, where it used to say July - Sep, it's now saying Oct - Dec!! The map still says July - September.

I have to say, I've lost all confidence in this eFibre as it's Eircom. Any other company and I'd have faith, but past and previous experience with Eircom doesn't inspire me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

Whispers wrote: »
    Have been checking my number (I live in Lusk) nearly daily to in the vein hope that it might be available sooner than expected, but no joy.

But today a change, where it used to say July - Sep, it's now saying Oct - Dec!! The map still says July - September.

I have to say, I've lost all confidence in this eFibre as it's Eircom. Any other company and I'd have faith, but past and previous experience with Eircom doesn't inspire me at all.

ah Jesus in the same boat here
    hope it just a glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Whispers wrote: »

three Eircom engineers where working on one of the fiber cabs yesterday in Dun Emer in Lusk, so I would be hopeful of a July launch (fingers crossed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

We had a crew out last week rodding the duct between the manhole and our house and the neighbours. Surprised they were doing that unless there was a plan to pull new cable or (I live in hope) fibre

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

Just saw kn network guys pumping cable into the ground near rush and lusk station.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

I see the cabinet at the entrance of chapel farm now has the yellow commissioning sticker good sign i hope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

According to the Eircom site, Balbriggan is now live - although it only appears to be certain areas (mostly new estates, from the last 10-15 years).

i.e.
    • Brega
    • Bremore Castle
    • Castleland Court
    • Chapel Gate / Street
    • Clonuske
    • Hampton Green
    • Moylaragh
    • Westbrook

Some older estates and the main streets are live:
    • Clonard Street
    • Curran Park
    • Dublin / Drogheda Street
    • Pinewood

Some of the older estates do not appear to be live yet, with no detail of when (if) these will be enabled.
    • Bath Road
    • Bremore Court
    • Clonard Court
    • Fancourt Heights
    • Hampton Cove
    • Lambeecher
    • Tara Court

Vodafone seem to be offering a slightly lower price in the long term than Eircom, although Ericom are offering 10 per month off for first 6 months (18-month contract, though).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Johnggl

Hole being dug for cabs at golden ridge in rush. 2nd golden ridge entrance cab markings about 30 meters in from entrance. :-)

Eircom site says "Fibre is coming to your area: Oct to Dec 2013" for my number. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

Khannie wrote: »
    Eircom site says "Fibre is coming to your area: Oct to Dec 2013" for my number. :(

TBH it's all over the shop. its' changed 3 times in the last 2 weeks i've been checkin.

• Advertisement

3rd time lucky order placed for balrothery apparently going live tomorrow !

Appt set for 18th of july

Even got a nice reference number this time lol

Most of Balbriggan will be launched tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jjspine wrote: »

Speed test or it didn't happen! :P

Post a speed test tomorrow so I can ring Magnet and see are Eircom holding up our show... :-)

*subscribes to thread*

:-)

I got a new order number as my old one didn't exist. I now expect to get billed twice. I'll be ringing again tomorrow to see what day i'm getting installation on. They did say the 8th but....

No yellow sticker yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I was told they can't give an appointment until it went live :confused:
    I was in the process of getting an appointment when the girl on the phone checked and said she couldn't make the appointment because it wasn't enabled in my area. This was after the website said it was and the first girl on the phone said it was :rolleyes:

She said they would call back on the 5th...
    If they call me tomorrow, I'll eat my own arse.
    They are a making a complete mess of this fibre rollout. Predictable in fairness...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Speed test or it didn't happen! :P

Post a speed test tomorrow so I can ring Magnet and see are Eircom holding up our show... :-)

*subscribes to thread*

:-)

LOL i only got the appt yesterday its not until 18th of july ! Mind you the cab still dosent have that yellow sticker so unless something changes their today i cant imagine it being live

Got an install date, 15th of July. Monday week :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Rang just there now.
    Next Wednesday for me buttslay.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I was connected this week (I'm in Swords) and this is my speed test just now:

2817441784.png

• Advertisement

7 up! WOOP!

Advertisement