Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom ncd fibre roll out

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Rang just there now.
    Next Wednesday for me buttslay.gif

Apparently this was a "provisional" date :rolleyes:
    There was no slot available for Wednesday. It will be the 17th for me now :(

Beware if your date was given to you by anyone other than a technician.

I've had to pull some strings to get the morning off already, now I've to do it again. The neck of them giving out provisional appointments when they require someone to be there for 2 hours for the installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

Looks like i will have to wait intil August :mad:
    NGA Exchange Name: Rush
    Copper Parent Exchange: Same
    Cab Number: RUS1_016
    CCP Address: Chapel Farm Drive, Lusk (Entrance)
    East Co Ordinates: 321520
    North Co Ordinates: 253990
    New Cabinet:
    Indicative ARD: 249
    Cabinet Landed: Yes
    Cabinet Energised: Yes
    Cabinet Commissioned:
    Indicative cabinet RFO date: Aug-13

https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1FogNL4QGneyEpG-k0bKf3qokZUrv57qSNj_xZa4#map:id=3

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jjspine

Apparently this was a "provisional" date :rolleyes:
    There was no slot available for Wednesday. It will be the 17th for me now :(

Beware if your date was given to you by anyone other than a technician.

I've had to pull some strings to get the morning off already, now I've to do it again. The neck of them giving out provisional appointments when they require someone to be there for 2 hours for the installation.

Im on the phone to them now as i still havent received a final confirmation email for the 18th.

their a bit of a nightmare but what can we do.

by the looks of the cab beside me i still dont think its commissioned as their is still no sticker on it

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

jjspine wrote: »
    Im on the phone to them now as i still havent received a final confirmation email for the 18th.

their a bit of a nightmare but what can we do.

by the looks of the cab beside me i still dont think its commissioned as their is still no sticker on it

Yeah thats a worry , though it does say it's commisioned on the NGA deployment link up above.

I called Friday and was told again i'd get a call within 48 hours to arrange time (which would be within the week)

I was told my case was escalated to manager as i've been given wrong information twice. Ah well it least they're consistent at all levels if i don't get a call by tomorrow!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I was given a definite time and date, and then received 3 phone calls to remind me, and 3 or 4 texts telling me that if I wanted to opt out it had to be done at least 2 days before the appointment. So it seems that when they're sending a technician they make sure you'll definitely be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hopefully it is commissioned, my OH got a text from Magnet saying we would have a tech out this Friday 12th to install, I won't hold my breath, we got one last month also....

Hallaz wrote: »
    Yeah thats a worry , though it does say it's commisioned on the NGA deployment link up above.

I called Friday and was told again i'd get a call within 48 hours to arrange time (which would be within the week)

I was told my case was escalated to manager as i've been given wrong information twice. Ah well it least they're consistent at all levels if i don't get a call by tomorrow!

And I give up.

No one called so I called. I’ve now had a third order placed and I will get a call after 5 working days to arrange a date which could be 10 days after that which rounds it up nicely to one month after my initial installation date. Hopefully by that time our cab will have a lovely yellow stickeron it and you’re all up and running with nice speeds and everything will be bang on for me.

Alternatively...

And I give up.

No one called so I called. I’ve now had a third order placed and I will get a call after 5 working days to arrange a date which could be 10 days after that which rounds it up nicely to one month after my initial installation date. Hopefully by that time our cab will have a lovely yellow stickeron it and you’re all up and running with nice speeds and everything will be bang on for me.

Alternatively...

sounds like my story all over mate they are literally a bunch of useless *****:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Has anyone tried getting an answer from them about these issues in the Talk to... eircom forum?

sounds like my story all over mate they are literally a bunch of useless *****:mad:

just got a call from eircom and they gave me an appt for next week the 18th in the morning !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Whispers

just got a call from eircom and they gave me an appt for next week the 18th in the morning !!

When you check your number does it say that it's available, or will be available?.

Is there any point in me calling now to arrange an appointment even though it says that it's not available yet, but will be sometime Jul - Sep.

I've checked Vodafone's website and their prices are a lot cheaper for the same fibre product.

Whispers wrote: »
    When you check your number does it say that it's available, or will be available?.

Is there any point in me calling now to arrange an appointment even though it says that it's not available yet, but will be sometime Jul - Sep.

I've checked Vodafone's website and their prices are a lot cheaper for the same fibre product.

to be honest i would suggest doing what hill billy said above and contacting them on here as thats how it seems i managed to get a callback

Magnet due to us between 9 and 12 in the morning, even got a call today confirming would we be in....

Still not gonna get excited for my hopes and dreams to be crushed like little grapes with a phonecall about 9.05am telling us "actually it's not available, Eircom holding it up"... etc etc

If fibre manages to sniff its way over your all welcome to all call over, stand outside and use the WiFi outside the garden...

We only charge 2 euro a half hour.... :P

I jest... :D

No one is gonna be sucking outta our torrent speed... :-)

Fieldog wrote: »
    Magnet due to us between 9 and 12 in the morning, even got a call today confirming would we be in....

Still not gonna get excited for my hopes and dreams to be crushed like little grapes with a phonecall about 9.05am telling us "actually it's not available, Eircom holding it up"... etc etc

If fibre manages to sniff its way over your all welcome to all call over, stand outside and use the WiFi outside the garden...

We only charge 2 euro a half hour.... :P

I jest... :D

No one is gonna be sucking outta our torrent speed... :-)

Which cab are you on fieldog ?

Which cab are you on fieldog ?

I'm in Ringfort, so I assume yours over the road, but it may even be Balruddery Fields, I'll ask him if he arrives...

10am and no sign yet... :-)

I'm in Ringfort, so I assume yours over the road, but it may even be Balruddery Fields, I'll ask him if he arrives...

10am and no sign yet... :-)

A nation hold's it's breath!

A nation hold's it's breath!

What the tech was doing (between going around to the cab)

fteiva.jpg

2831938658.png

:D

Its a start, I was told I was only capable of 50mb....

Second person installed on the cab according to the Engineer, he couldnt believe Eircom aint starting installing yet, and he was an Eircom/KN Engineer....

What the tech was doing (between going around to the cab)

:D

Its a start, I was told I was only capable of 50mb....

Second person installed on the cab according to the Engineer, he couldnt believe Eircom aint starting installing yet, and he was an Eircom/KN Engineer....

Finally someone has made the technology leap to present day, congratulations!

Do you know which CAB he is using and if he knows if both switched on?

Finally someone has made the technology leap to present day, congratulations!

Do you know which CAB he is using and if he knows if both switched on?

He said he was using the Rosepark one, he didn't know about Balruddery fields, he couldn't check it on his ipad apparently as that only has the cabs he is due to do on his day - he was on his way out to Drogheda after so it seems he is all over the place....

I asked him was he 10belowZero and he looked at me with 10 heads, so I briefly explained that man should have been given a customer service medal.... :)

He said he was using the Rosepark one, he didn't know about Balruddery fields, he couldn't check it on his ipad apparently as that only has the cabs he is due to do on his day - he was on his way out to Drogheda after so it seems he is all over the place....

I asked him was he 10belowZero and he looked at me with 10 heads, so I briefly explained that man should have been given a customer service medal.... :)

Thanks for that, at last from positive news for a few of us. All I need now is an installation date!

Good weather, cool drink outside, nice Wi-Fi signal. Sounds likes it could be a good day for you. Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

24 down is OK (that could be down to magnet - their daytime speeds are wojus), but 16 up! WOOP!

Khannie wrote: »
    24 down is OK (that could be down to magnet - their daytime speeds are wojus), but 16 up! WOOP!

Was it you Khannie who had all the hassle with Magnet recently?

We were the same up until about 3 weeks ago, then they sent us a new router and I got onto a tech in there who actually knew what he was doing -I told him I was fairly techy so he gave me the logon of the router and then instructed me to change the WiFi channel to a different number, since then I have not had one drop in service since... Believe me I'm keeping an eye on it!

Before all this though my internet could drop to a whole half Meg all weekend, and each time I reset the router (I had to) it was putting it back on the default router channel (hence the dropouts!)

I did a speed test hardwired earlier and actually got 50mb, so I'm delighted with that...

We have 3 month free now to suss the service out and if it drops the way it did I will be going back to Eircom....

Apparently we are the second install in this cab, which begs the question - who got it first! :-)

Obviously not a boardsie!

Just one from my phone standing at the router in the hall....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Was it you Khannie who had all the hassle with Magnet recently?

It was. I was having the trouble over a wired connection though, unfortunately. I checked and the wifi channels are good. Thanks for the heads up though.

I do get the full advertised speed quite a bit, but every Sunday evening without failure it has dropped to between 1 and 4 Mbps which tells me that they're short on bandwidth during peak times. Maybe with the FTTC coming online that'll clear up a bit.

I got my billing issues sorted in the end. I will get credit from them for what I had to pay Vodafone because I wasn't ported properly. The lad from billing who phoned me back eventually was very nice.
    Just one from my phone standing at the router in the hall....

NICE!

That's interesting I'm on that cab happy days I was expecting another cancellation call from eircom.

Still no yellow sticker on it either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Installed in Donabate a couple of weeks ago. The first day was a disaster. No connection and they couldn't figure out why. However, the next day all was fine. I'm signed up to the 50 Mb package and getting around 38 Mb. I'm about 200m from the Cab so doing ok, but would have liked better.

2836815379.png

ksimpson wrote: »
    Installed in Donabate a couple of weeks ago. The first day was a disaster. No connection and they couldn't figure out why. However, the next day all was fine. I'm signed up to the 50 Mb package and getting around 38 Mb. I'm about 200m from the Cab so doing ok, but would have liked better.

2836815379.png

Was your ping always that low or has it improved?
    Mine is around 80-90ms, was hoping I could get that down a fair bit with the fibre but not sure if it will make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Was your ping always that low or has it improved?
    Mine is around 80-90ms, was hoping I could get that down a fair bit with the fibre but not sure if it will make a difference.

Was always around that IIRC.

ksimpson wrote: »
    Was always around that IIRC.
    Bah. Thought so much :pac:
    I think it's wishful thinking on my part that it will improve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Whispers

I called Eircom this morning and asked if I could get an appointment (I live in Chapel Farm in Lusk), customer service agent on the other end tried scheduling me in, but to no avail. Seems that they can schedule an appointment, if the cabinet is due to be commissioned in the next 14 days.

The wait continues..................:mad:

Advertisement