Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom ncd fibre roll out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jjspine

Fieldog wrote: »
    KN Eircom van leaving my estate, possibly going round to you? :)

No sign been onto them as supposed to be this morning and they can't tell me anything at all

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭kaahooters

Hallaz wrote: »
    47.95, you are practically touching the box. Where are you losing out?!!

not sure tbh, and im getting really weird wifi results, max on the lappy is 30, max on the phone is 15....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

kaahooters wrote: »
    not sure tbh, and im getting really weird wifi results, max on the lappy is 30, max on the phone is 15....

Could that be the wireless card?

Mine is fairly old, bout 5 years old I think, gets around that also AFAIK, and my old phone gets different from my Nexus 4...

One other thing to check is if you have win 7 make sure your on service pack 1 with windows update..

Could that be the wireless card?

Mine is fairly old, bout 5 years old I think, gets around that also AFAIK, and my old phone gets different from my Nexus 4...

One other thing to check is if you have win 7 make sure your on service pack 1 with windows update..

was an iphone issue..... everything else gets 30+mbs, iphone gets max 20, i guess ill just have to live with that.... from 4.4 to 30 over wifi, in a fairly congested area, im pretty happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DezoLord

I had a guy from Eircom knocking on my door yesterday. He confirmed that Rush is going live in August. Can't freaking wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

jjspine wrote: »
    No sign been onto them as supposed to be this morning and they can't tell me anything at all

I'm half afraid to ask but did anyone turn up?

I'm half afraid to ask but did anyone turn up?

Its ok ask away ive calmed down a lot since yesterday. it was a no show there an absolute disaster ive cancelled it alltogether with them as i just cant deal with them anymore 4 appts and 4 letdowns !!

Ive booked it with vodafone cant be dealing with eircom anymore. Great that so many did get sorted though the vans were whizzing around all day i even stopped one to ask if he had us down for an install and he knew nothing about it despite all the confirmation emails calls and texts leading up to yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Its ok ask away ive calmed down a lot since yesterday. it was a no show there an absolute disaster ive cancelled it alltogether with them as i just cant deal with them anymore 4 appts and 4 letdowns !!

Ive booked it with vodafone cant be dealing with eircom anymore. Great that so many did get sorted though the vans were whizzing around all day i even stopped one to ask if he had us down for an install and he knew nothing about it despite all the confirmation emails calls and texts leading up to yesterday.

Ah ffs, that's ridiculous. Did they offer an explanation or an apology?

You ex doesn't work in Eircom or anything like that ;p

As someone about to venture back into Eircomland after a long hiatus, this scares me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

just back from my holidays with no internet access, can anyone verify when Lusk is going live?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

kingtiger wrote: »
    just back from my holidays with no internet access, can anyone verify when Lusk is going live?

August is the date for Rush and Lusk

• Advertisement

quad_red wrote: »
    Ah ffs, that's ridiculous. Did they offer an explanation or an apology?

You ex doesn't work in Eircom or anything like that ;p

As someone about to venture back into Eircomland after a long hiatus, this scares me...

I would try Vodafone the rates they have are much better for just bb as I don't use the phone. 70 meg for 35 lids a month just hope these guys get it right !!!

I would try Vodafone the rates they have are much better for just bb as I don't use the phone. 70 meg for 35 lids a month just hope these guys get it right !!!

Sorry for your troubles man, that's a load of sh1t, no matter what 3rd party provider you go with its still gonna be an Eircom / KN engineer out to do the install....

We had an Eircom lad for our Magnet install ...

Sorry for your troubles man, that's a load of sh1t, no matter what 3rd party provider you go with its still gonna be an Eircom / KN engineer out to do the install....

We had an Eircom lad for our Magnet install ...

Ye but I spoke to one of the engineers they knew nothing about it so hopefully vf can tee it up right for me right now still on 4mb lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Whispers

We've all gone quiet?

Anyone have any update on installs, commissioning etc.?

Whispers wrote: »
    We've all gone quiet?

Anyone have any update on installs, commissioning etc.?

I must see them at least 3 times a day installing around Balrothery, I'd say its gone quiet as everyone is too busy downloading... ;-D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 scottcaf

I live in ballyboughal and the broadband is S**t! top speed is 2mb !

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Retail Mngr

Any word or whisperings about the cabinet at "The Leas" crossroads on the Brackenstown Road in Swords being connected / charged / wound up / batteries installed / whatever the term is?
    Fibre was pushed late last year along the road but by all accounts the cabinet is not live.
    My dream is to drive past it some day and see a nice man with a van and a little tent beavering away :)

Just checked my number on Eircom's website and got so excited when I got this message:

'Congratulations! Your home can get our best value efibre broadband bundles'

I was so excited I had to run to the bathroom at work, in case there was a little accident.

However! I rang them and when they checked my number, they said it wouldn't be available until late August! Seems the exchange has been upgraded, but fibre to the cabinet still needs to be done.

Eircom, I'm not angry with you, I'm disappointed!

I'm in Chapel Farm in Lusk.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

Just checked my number on Eircom's website and got so excited when I got this message:

'Congratulations! Your home can get our best value efibre broadband bundles'

I was so excited I had to run to the bathroom at work, in case there was a little accident.

However! I rang them and when they checked my number, they said it wouldn't be available until late August! Seems the exchange has been upgraded, but fibre to the cabinet still needs to be done.

Eircom, I'm not angry with you, I'm disappointed!

I'm in Chapel Farm in Lusk.

Im in lusk checked on saturday and got the same result, I completed the online form.
    I spoke to someone in Eircom this morning its going live on the 28th August fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Just off the phone to eircom and was told that Rush is going live on August 28th.

Free upgrade but the 18 month contract scares me a lot.

I think I'll take my time and see who has what to offer in September/October

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 gildan

In Lusk too, got same response from Eircom, 28 August is the day it's going live. I completed online form weeks ago, lets see how long it takes before installation dates are given out.

Free upgrade but the 18 month contract scares me a lot.

Hang on! If you get the free upgrade you have to sign a 18 month contract? Didn't know that. That'll seriously make me think twice about going with Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

im in rush eircom took my order today said engineer will be in touch within 10 days cant really see that happening, they did get me to confirm i was going into an 18 month contract didn't mind as the bill will still be the same

Hang on! If you get the free upgrade you have to sign a 18 month contract? Didn't know that. That'll seriously make me think twice about going with Eircom.

its direct debit only aswell.

I'm contemplating moving house in the next few monhts so a new contract scares me. Only thing is, where I'm moving to has eFibre, so I might be able to move my account.

Daft question, could a lay man do the upgrade themself?

Daft question, could a lay man do the upgrade themself?

Not unless you have a key to the fibrebox around the corner from you and are a dab hand at rewiring telephone sockets.... :)

Its not a simple matter of sending a router out and having you set it up.... as it would be for standard DSL....

Right then, I'll put away the hammer so

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

I'm contemplating moving house in the next few monhts so a new contract scares me. Only thing is, where I'm moving to has eFibre, so I might be able to move my account.

eircom allows you to move services from one address to another within your contract period. At lease it does for phone and ADSL broadband, I can't see why it would be different for eFibre - suggest you ask the sales agent when you phone to order your upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

I'm in Balrothery

After almost 2 months, 5 orders with 4 cancelled, what seems like hours on the phone and a small campaign on eircom forum it's finally in.

Got a message yesterday to say it would be installed today and a follow up phonecall to ask was I around. Still doubted they would come but I had a day off planned anyway so it worked out well.

Attached are the before and after.
    Wireless is not great but probably my devices are not great so I have things hard wired and I don't have a fancy phone.

Now if you excuse me i'm going to lie down, it's been a long long journey...

• Advertisement

I'm in Balrothery

After almost 2 months, 5 orders with 4 cancelled, what seems like hours on the phone and a small campaign on eircom forum it's finally in.

Got a message yesterday to say it would be installed today and a follow up phonecall to ask was I around. Still doubted they would come but I had a day off planned anyway so it worked out well.

Attached are the before and after.
    Wireless is not great but probably my devices are not great so I have things hard wired and I don't have a fancy phone.

Now if you excuse me i'm going to lie down, it's been a long long journey...

Saw the chap again this morning leaving my estate (Ringfort) about 11, must have been heading over to you... :-)

Good to be not on poverty broadband anymore Hallaz, now go download a 1080p 17gb movie... :D

Advertisement