Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom ncd fibre roll out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Ultwen are you with Eircom?

if so thats mad, I even changed provider from UTV to Vodafone last wednesday and have an install date for this Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

kingtiger wrote: »
    Ultwen are you with Eircom?

if so thats mad, I even changed provider from UTV to Vodafone last wednesday and have an install date for this Thursday

I am with eircom, I was with vodafone years back and swore i would never return to them bunch of folkers

ultwen wrote: »
    I am with eircom, I was with vodafone years back and swore i would never return to them bunch of folkers

ah right :)

I will take a punt of Vodafone as they are well established now

but its a bit strange Eircom taking the piss over your install date, you would think they would be straight out to you being a customer of theirs

I got a appointment from a rival company and Eircom engineers are going to be doing my install

ah right :)

I will take a punt of Vodafone as they are well established now

but its a bit strange Eircom taking the piss over your install date, you would think they would be straight out to you being a customer of theirs

I got a appointment from a rival company and Eircom engineers are going to be doing my install

it was reported a while back that eicom got a slap of comreg for prioritsing their customers so its probably gone the other way now

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

Up and running now on Vodafone in rush

19ms ping
    47Mb/s down
    16.5Mb/s up

Model stats are
    Line standard VDSL2
    Channel type
    None
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s) 50174
    Upstream line rate (kbit/s) 20479
    Downstream SNR (dB) 24.1
    Upstream SNR (dB) 13.7
    Downstream line attenuation (dB) 12
    Upstream line attenuation (dB) 3.9
    Downstream output power (dBmV) 13.8
    Upstream output power (dBmV) -3.7

• Advertisement

bambam wrote: »
    Up and running now on Vodafone in rush
    19ms ping
    47Mb/s down
    16.5Mb/s up
    Downstream line attenuation (dB) 12
    Upstream line attenuation (dB) 3.9

nice :)

16.5up lovely jubbly and nice stats on the attenuation

how far are you from the cab?

yep very happy with those numbers :)

I'm <300m from the cabinet following the road using google maps

@bambam

what model router did Vodafone supply you with?

I think its a Huawei Hg658c. I just disabled the wifi on it and ran ethernet to my Airport Extreme (Its set to Bridge mode)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DezoLord

ultwen wrote: »
    Ahhhh just got a text from eircom "eircom will install fibre broadband on the Morning of Sep 10. if you wish to reschedule .." Blah blah blah
    im livid, another week to wait

I complained to 1901, this is the 3rt time the date changed. So they have credited the account with 20 euro i would rather have it tomorrow
    Did you get a letter with an appointment or did you ring them? I rang them last week and they arranged an installation for the 3rd of Sep 9AM-12PM, which is today. Yesterday they rang me and said that the engineer is going to come at around 12PM-5PM. Now it's funny after reading all these appointment delays, I am afraid that they're going to call me again and say that the engineer won't make it today. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

DezoLord wrote: »
    Did you get a letter with an appointment or did you ring them? I rang them last week and they arranged an installation for the 3rd of Sep 9AM-12PM, which is today. Yesterday they rang me and said that the engineer is going to come at around 12PM-5PM. Now it's funny after reading all these appointment delays, I am afraid that they're going to call me again and say that the engineer won't make it today. :mad:

If they do tell them to fook off ...you can't be sitting around all day and rearranging your day around them....your the customer

I got a text from eircom and confirmed over the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DezoLord

Nvm, just got it installed. Is this really the speed of my broadband? NO WAY! Haha

2941734109.png

God knows how long I've been waiting for this.

bambam wrote: »
    I think its a Huawei Hg658c)

thanks

only one more question, I promise :)

did Vodafone send you the router or does the Eircom engineer arrive with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

thanks

only one more question, I promise :)

did Vodafone send you the router or does the Eircom engineer arrive with it?

I got mine installed today. Vodafone sent the router by express post.

DarrenG wrote: »
    I got mine installed today. Vodafone sent the router by express post.

thanks, my install date is Thursday but no router so far, I don't want to be left with no service, so it better arrive tomorrow

Engineer (K&N guy) arrived at around 11, an post courier delivered modem around 2

thanks for the responses lads, hopefully next time I post it will be a speedtest

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

I got a letter from Eircom to say they would be in touch with me by August 28th to arrange an Install date and nothing has anyone got a number for them I can ring to arrange it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

1901 is the number i used

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Whispers

no12 wrote: »
    I got a letter from Eircom to say they would be in touch with me by August 28th to arrange an Install date and nothing has anyone got a number for them I can ring to arrange it?

Got the same letter and haven't heard anything, so I'm going to cancel Eircom and go with Vodafone as they're much better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Whispers wrote: »
    Got the same letter and haven't heard anything, so I'm going to cancel Eircom and go with Vodafone as they're much better value.

Totally agree! Will be shopping around mid October, but so far my money is on Vodafone.
    Sorry I left them last year to go back to eircom, bills are much higher now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

Vodafone it is. Rang them today switched over no problem unlimited Broadband for €35 a month and will have engineer out next Tuesday to install. Now that's Customer service for you!

yes finally installed, but a word of warning Vodafone will not run cable to wherever you want, they charge €60

I got a bit of twisted pair cable from the engineer and did it myself

Finally getting it installed today. I’m like a child on Christmas morning
    My neighbour got it in yesterday and did a speed test over wifi
    Chapel Farm within 350 meters of cabinet
    Test Date: Sep 9, 2013 11:07 AM
    Download: 33.88 Mbps
    Upload: 7.87 Mbps
    Ping: 31 ms
    Connection Type: Wi-Fi
    One problem she had installed in the hall, so cant connect to TV, PS3,Sky etc. with cable big mistake
    I called over last night and connected using cable to mac and got 47.6 down
    Lesson of the day get it placed right first time

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

Got installed yesterday. Lovely guy. Installed and working in 20 mins. Also he fixed up my internal second line. Very nice indeed.

Test Date: Sep 9, 2013 10:06:34 am
    Connection Type: Wifi
    Server: Dublin
    Download: 43380 kbps
    Upload: 14982 kbps
    Ping: 23 ms

Oh. In brookford rush..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Retail Mngr

Hi
    I'm located in Swords.
    Midway between SRD1_006 & SRD1_007 - knocksedan Bridge and Tuberburr.
    I know its chancing my arm and a bit of a stretch but am hoping I will be connected.
    However every time I talk to Eircom they tell me my "cabinet is not enabled"
    Can anyone tell me if these two cabinets are enabled?
    1901 cant tell what cabinet I'm connected to yet the website tells me eFibre is ready for my address?
    Thanks
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

eddiem74 wrote: »
    So checked my phone number online today and it said eFibre was available to me in Rush. Called up to order as I could not order online and was told won't be available till September 25th. :confused::(

Checked again today online and low and behold this time I was able to submit an order for the free fibre upgrade so I did. Now just waiting to see if they call me or how long that takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Have talked to Eircom a few times about potentially going with them.

And the Eircom rep was an honest guy (unlike allot of sales reps). Anyway, he said he would be unable to say whether Kelly's Bay in Skerries would be connected to fibre even by the end of 2014...

Ah well. Time to suck up the DSL love :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Getting about 40 down, 10 up. Lusk. Hello, 21st century. :P

Advertisement