Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom ncd fibre roll out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

markad1 wrote: »
    ping 100ms

That is awful. Worse than dial up if memory serves. It'll be really noticeable browsing and absolutely rules out online gaming.

Have it on V good authority that vectoring will begin early in the new year (Jan possibly)

Nice one. Thanks for the update. :)

I know I'm spamming a bit now, but this question came up after reading that vectoring article -

Does the eircom router have a gigabit LAN connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Khannie wrote: »
    I know I'm spamming a bit now, but this question came up after reading that vectoring article -

Does the eircom router have a gigabit LAN connection?

Yes, gigabit.

Manual here.

Just got a phone call off Eircom there. They cancelled my order because fibre is actually not available in my area yet.

Seriously lads. What the <insert swear word here>? That is amateur hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Just got a phone call off Eircom there. They cancelled my order because fibre is actually not available in my area yet.

Seriously lads. What the <insert swear word here>? That is amateur hour.

That's amazing, Khannie.

I'm in Skerries too and I have just clicked on to the eircom site and it says that fibre is enabled here??

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Yeah, it's pretty amazing alright. They only left a message. Said to call back after the 30th of October. Nah, you're grand thanks. :/

Thanks for the link. That's weird that it's marked as available on the map. I might just try and place an order with Vodafone and see what happens. They're slightly cheaper and also not magnet.

Have you placed an order yourself yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I believe that the fibre is now installed out to the cab in the Blackhills (near the gates to Ardgillan). I saw a few engineers working on it last weekend.

I must ask Mrs Billy to have a chat next time she sees them & ask when it will be enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Eircom confirm fibre availability in our area and are taking orders and installing.

Yet Vodafone say they can't even begin lodging requests for installations for their customers from Eircom until November.

Surely this reeks of Eircom disadvantaging other sellers? Aren't Comreg supposed to address this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Any word on older Estates in Balbriggan (e.g. Bremore Court / Covetown)?

Online it says that "Fibre is coming to your area: month - month", which is a change from when it said "Fibre is coming to your area: May - June" (even in July, August and September).

Thanks
    Eircom now say:
    Sorry, we are unable to determine if your home is fibre-enabled
    Fibre is coming to your area: Available Now
    Get a FREE upgrade when it does

Somewhat disappointed, I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyone any the wiser as to when(if ever) Lower main street area in Rush will get it?

Map says Rush is enabled and most of it seems to be, but not the lower main street area.

Tried ringing Eircom to enquire and I shouldnt have bother as they were no help at all. Told me to check the website which tells me it cant determine.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Have a look at post #679 on the previous page, I suspect this could be the reason for the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Eircom are working on the skerries road just as you head into Fancourt.i asked was it the fiber and they said no copper ??
    They said its not happening anytime soon for that area.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing alright. They only left a message. Said to call back after the 30th of October. Nah, you're grand thanks. :/

Thanks for the link. That's weird that it's marked as available on the map. I might just try and place an order with Vodafone and see what happens. They're slightly cheaper and also not magnet.

Have you placed an order yourself yet?[/QUOTE]

I responded some months ago to let them know that I was interested as soon as fibre became available.

I haven't had any issues with eircom in the past but I do feel that they are missing out on an opportunity by not being more forthright with their PR/Communications.

Unless they are being constrained by someone or the regulations from doing so, all I can see is that people are getting a bit frustrated because of the apparent on/off nature of the fibre project in NCD.

Just got dragged kicking and screaming from the dark ages about 4pm today.

3052566958.png

Speeds varying from 28 to 34 down, although K&N engineer showed me 40 on his ipad when he was done.

Just got dragged kicking and screaming from the dark ages about 4pm today.

3052566958.png

Speeds varying from 28 to 34 down, although K&N engineer showed me 40 on his ipad when he was done.

That's great news !

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

went from this to
    2948466487.png
    this. in rush
    3051717500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

Eircom rep in Lambay View knocking door to door. Asked him download speed and he said 50Mbs.

Eircom rep in Lambay View knocking door to door. Asked him download speed and he said 50Mbs.

Did you manage to stifle the laugh and then release the hounds? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Was he selling any beans? :)

It's sort of amazing how little any of the companies tell their sales reps.

• Advertisement

If there's one thing I have learned in life (and there probably is only one) NEVER, EVER, EVER, SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING ON THE DOORSTEP.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is the upgrade free if you are an eircom broadband customer? I just checked and we can get efibre

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Stheno wrote: »
    Is the upgrade free if you are an eircom broadband customer? I just checked and we can get efibre

Yes it is, although you go onto a different bundle and billing system. We're actually paying slightly less than we did before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

I thought I'd ask this here as it's somewhat related. Has anyone noticed their internet speed being very slow over the last few days in the Skerries/Barnagerra area? I'm not talking about fiber, just the regular eircom broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

cathy01 wrote: »
    Eircom are working on the skerries road just as you head into Fancourt.i asked was it the fiber and they said no copper ??
    They said its not happening anytime soon for that area.

W@nkers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dao

Right - got connected with Eircom eFibre in Rush, Sandy Road ... here are the xDSL stats from the F1000 Modem -

============================================================================
    VDSL Port Details Upstream Downstream
    Line Rate: 15.417 Mbps 50.268 Mbps
    Actual Net Data Rate: 15.359 Mbps 50.170 Mbps
    Trellis Coding: ON ON
    SNR Margin: 8.9 dB 13.8 dB
    Actual Delay: 7 ms 8 ms
    Transmit Power: - 1.3 dBm 13.2 dBm
    Receive Power: -18.0 dBm -10.2 dBm
    Actual INP: 2.0 symbols 3.0 symbols
    Total Attenuation: 16.8 dB 23.4 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate: 20.341 Mbps 84.724 Mbps

Can't complain with download speed its miles faster than the 8Mb I had, but I did expected more with upload ... anyone know if the SNR is Good or Bad ? ping time is around 40ms, according to speedtest.net on a wired connesction.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

Dao wrote: »
    Right - got connected with Eircom eFibre in Rush, Sandy Road ... here are the xDSL stats from the F1000 Modem -

============================================================================
    Line Rate: 15.417 Mbps 50.268 Mbps
    Actual Net Data Rate: 15.359 Mbps 50.170 Mbps
    Trellis Coding: ON ON
    SNR Margin: 8.9 dB 13.8 dB
    Actual Delay: 7 ms 8 ms
    Transmit Power: - 1.3 dBm 13.2 dBm
    Receive Power: -18.0 dBm -10.2 dBm
    Actual INP: 2.0 symbols 3.0 symbols
    Total Attenuation: 16.8 dB 23.4 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate: 20.341 Mbps 84.724 Mbps

Can't complain with download speed its miles faster than the 8Mb I had, but I did expected more with upload ... anyone know if the SNR is Good or Bad ? ping time is around 40ms, according to speedtest.net on a wired connesction.

These are my stats on the Finglas exchange - I am about 200m from the cabinet - Typical Ping 30ms Best Upload 14Mbps Best Download 48Mbps over 144Mbps wireless N connection

Line Rate: Up 15.417 Mbps Down 50.268 Mbps
    Actual Net Data Rate: Up 15.359 Mbps Down 50.170 Mbps
    Trellis Coding: Up ON Down ON
    SNR Margin: Up 13.0 dB Down 14.3 dB
    Actual Delay: Up 7 ms Down 8 ms
    Transmit Power: Up - 19.0 dBm Down 13.8 dBm
    Receive Power: Up -26.8 dBm Down 4.2 dBm
    Actual INP: Up 2.0 symbols Down 3.0 symbols
    Total Attenuation: Up 7.8 dB Down 9.5 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate: 26.349 Mbps 88.108 Mbps

Note my download transmit and receive figures are positive, your receive download power is -10.2 dBm - don't understand the significance of this difference

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dao

Cheers for the comparison pg....the total attenuation figures are way off. I am about 350m from cabinet. Anyway it's all behaving itself so far so I'll wait and see if these numbers mean anything to us mere mortals !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

In Rush, seem to have lost internet around 12:30 and still not back. Called Eircom 1890260260 and guy I spoke to said I was the second person he spoke to in Rush with this issue.

He was not aware of any exchange outage but is suspecting something might be up so after speaking to some colleagues they have referred it to be looked into.

So if you are experiencing similar issues please report them as that might increase the priority of getting it fixed/resolved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭aledoux

Still no internet in rush for me either since yesterday. Rang eircom and couldn't fix it so engineer will contact me when available to come and see what's wrong.
    Anybody else having no efiber either?

Advertisement