Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom ncd fibre roll out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 iRawwwN

Well, St. Catherine's VDSL box got put in a few days ago, here's the picture. Luckily I'm less than 200m from it. ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Just in case you need it for running automated speed tests ...
    http://www.gmwsoftware.co.uk/
    Using it 24x7 for the past days to pull some stats on my ADSL connection

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Yes , they are working 7 day's in some location's , traffic issue's etc and for target reason's as well ,St Catherines + Lambay View won't know it'self when vdsl goes live.

Looks like I'm bang in the middle of the St. Catherine's and Ladycove cabs, both are about equal distance from me.

Is this bad? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭10belowzero

No neil , I don't think so , it a straight run from st catherine's cab to lambay view ug wise , so it should be ok , given the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

No neil , I don't think so , it a straight run from st catherine's cab to lambay view ug wise , so it should be ok , given the distance.

Great thanks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

I know the 2 in Golden Ridge in Rush have been mapped but as far as I know these where put in when the estate was built. Are they actually vdsl cab's can any one confirm 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DezoLord

Psygnosis wrote: »
    I know the 2 in Golden Ridge in Rush have been mapped but as far as I know these where put in when the estate was built. Are they actually vdsl cab's can any one confirm 100%

Do they have V lines on them? If yes, they're VDSL hubs.

No they are dist cab's , the vdsl cab's should be appearing their soon , as they are fibre ready , the new vdsl cab was installed in Palmer rd yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jjspine

Hi 10below

was on to eircom this morning and they reckon balrothery/balbriggan wont be live this side of september even though they installed the cab recently in balrothery. Is this normal they install the cab so early i was expecting to go live on fibre next month myself

cheers

Hi jj - we just don't know,it's the best kept secret in year's,maybe as we get closer to the 20th we will find out more,I reckon it could be a feast or a famine , worst case being phase 1/2/hopefully3 (Balbriggan - ph3) , best scenario would be part's of phase 4/5 with a definite go live date for the remainder of say june /july.Some crew's are working round the clock , to get the area's done,asap, actually the new vdsl cab in Tayleur's Point, Rush was installed over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

I see they have begun work on the Cab near the playground in Dun Emer :D

They were also installing a vdsl plinth at the Dublin rd entrance to Chapel Farm in Lusk this afternoon.I hear also that people in Donabate + Portrane have got call's from Eircom offering E Fibre, which is good news for people there come May 20th.On http://www.eircom.net/efibre/ -- they have changed the layout , there is now a '' can I get it '' option.
    Rush is nearly done cab wise , 3 left I think , they will probably concentrate on Lusk now.Ohh I forgot to mention about the new D1000 Eircom modem, login detail's - username = Admin / password is the W.E.P key on the sticker underneath , not the normal default password / broadband1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

On http://www.eircom.net/efibre/ -- they have changed the layout , there is now a '' can I get it '' option.

Any ideas why it is by address rather than account/phone number? Is it just so non-eircom customers can check generally their street/area?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

It says I'm not enabled and theres a box just up the road!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Any timelines for Donabate? Would rather go Eircom that UPC.

I've no idea Ed , like any of these system's , they are guide only ,in my book anyway,their are just so many variance's to take in to account , address's +variation's etc, exch area's that are not officially complete,would not be included either. No area is deemed officially complete until every vdsl cab in the exch area is installed + commissioned (fully working).
    K , as Donabate + Portrane have been completed a while now and is part of phase 1(as is Swords)and Eircom have I heard been contacting people there re E Fibre , I would suspect it will be available from May 20th , but it's a crazy world so don't take it as gospel.

Well there has been a lot of activity in Chapel Farm and Dun Emer , Lusk ,in the last few day's.A new vdsl cab was installed this morning at the entrance to Chapel Farm @Dublin rd end and Dun Emer Cresent(beside the playground). Work also begun on the cab at the Killhedge Lane/Dun Emer entrance and the other cab on Chapel Farm Rd (before the green).
    The new vdsl cab was also installed on Whitestown Rd jct Old Rd in Rush yesterday. There are a lot of crew's about behind the scenes , testing / commissioning , doing install's of equip in the exch's , so Rush/Lusk is well on the way now, as is Sutton I'm told, more of my photo handy work below --

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Dun Emer Lusk by the playground

1237362987_borat_dancing_with_his_fellow_karakstanians.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Sorry to put a downer on the mild euphoria which seems to be building daily on the thread here but I have some doubts about the accuracy of how cabinets are being mapped and recorded.

This afternoon I happened to notice that a cabinet has been erroneously reported as being a VDSL cabinet. On the map it is described as being in the lane beside the obelisk in Skerries town centre. It is an older cabinet and definitely not a VDSL cabinet.

Worse for me is that it is the closest cabinet to my home. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Whispers

Anyone know why UPC isn't available in most of Chapel Farm. Seems that it's on offer on the houses that bookend the estate, but not anywhere else.

Would it have something to do with the ducting and who owns it? The developer of the estate (Manor Park) has gone bust (I believe), so maybe it's something to do with this.

• Advertisement

A - I know the cab your talking about , it has been sub ducted and the fibre cable is there , awaiting a vdsl cab , that's a narrow lane , the vdsl cab could go either end, though I suspect it will go the sea front end of the lane.
    There will be a couple of new cab's in Skerries , there are still a lot of area's served directly from the exch there , I will of course let ye know when I do what else is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Has the Skerries exchange been upgraded do you know 10Below? (I assume it needs some kind of upgrading?)

Khannie , I saw all the new equipment being delivered about 3 week's ago , so various crew's have been working on the exch upgrade in Skerries since then and are still working on it at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

You're a legend. Thanks. I hereby pledge to give you a bottle of my delicious home brew cider when this is all over.

I saw two vans down there at lunchtime today alright (which is busier than normal for the Skerries exchange).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Well there has been a lot of activity in Chapel Farm and Dun Emer , Lusk ,in the last few day's.A new vdsl cab was installed this morning at the entrance to Chapel Farm @Dublin rd end and Dun Emer Cresent(beside the playground). Work also begun on the cab at the Killhedge Lane/Dun Emer entrance and the other cab on Chapel Farm Rd (before the green).
    -

When you see the planner give him a kick for me. The cab on Chapel Farm Road in the picture stands out like a sore thumb. Any reason it couldn't have been moved back the 6m to where the other cab is located?

There are very regular visits by rather large trucks to the pumping station beside it and I can see it getting crushed.

The only reason I can think of is that there is a huge tank under that corner , as well as gas main's , water and electricity supply and the sewage main's as well , hopefully nothing will happen to it , it would be a hefty bill @ 50,000 a pop and the rest for some one's insurance.I see kn installing a plinth at Remount Farm est entrance today , in Lusk also the Glenn Ribh appartment's (will have it's own vdsl 2 cab)will probably be the best served in NCD apart from Spicer's Mill in Balbriggan which also has it's own vdsl2 cab.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/120485/252264.jpg

Also new fusion map compiled by fellow boardies here ..... https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1M_lYcvMkt7xIqqSa43TdS1s25oRqtA2JgpxAkYM#map:id=4

Was talking to lad's doing the fibre today , the order is for completion by the end of May or ASAP for Rush/Lusk , pretty much as I suspected , Skerries is't far behind , two new vdsl cab's put in place on Chapel Farm Rd and the entrance to Dun Emer at Kilhedge Lane this morning , will hopefully be about Skerries tomorrow so will let you know more.Had an email from our chairman today about the TV aspect which will be up and running by August so I'm told , let you know all know when I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Any news on Goldenridge nothing seems to be happening as of yet a new cabinet is going up outside of the old extravision which I guess wouldnt be too far away

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

ksimpson wrote: »
    Any timelines for Donabate? Would rather go Eircom that UPC.

I'm in Donabate, magnet called me and said May 20th is D Day :)

• Advertisement

P that was a routine job ,that happened to coincide with the fibre roll out, their is only 3 cab's left in Rush to be done , 2 Golden Ridge - 1 - opp Micheal Collin's pub afaik.
    I see the cab's in Chapel Farm being commissioned early this morning , the cab's were only put in yesterday, that's how quick they are moving.

Advertisement